• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda for WiiU Treehouse event, 14th June.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I would, but wasnt that game revealed before the Zelda Wii U? In my opinion what Nintendo has shown in the past few years as a whole was not worth its own event. Tomodachi collections, mobile-like games and spin offs. It felt like they were really scrapping the bottom of the pan there. I value more showing 1 big game than a dozen smaller ones.
Actually, I think Zelda U was announced at E3 2014, and X's first trailer came later that year. Could be wrong. But I getcha. Nintendo's marketing scheme for the Wii U seemed to rely heavily on Amiibos being integrated into several of their games (Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival comes to mind), a mindset which detracted severely from the quality of their E3 showing. It's just that many people consider X to be contender, of sorts, to Zelda U what with being the only other open-world game promised to be on the console.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would, but wasnt that game revealed before the Zelda Wii U? In my opinion what Nintendo has shown in the past few years as a whole was not worth its own event. Tomodachi collections, mobile-like games and spin offs. It felt like they were really scrapping the bottom of the pan there. I value more showing 1 big game than a dozen smaller ones.
E3 2014 was extremely good however. It was general consensus that Nintendo had the best showing of that year. It wasn't just because of Zelda either. 2014 they showed off
A brand new IP, Splatoon
We got a first look at Yoshi's Wooly World
We had a brilliant new idea
We had project Guard and Robot
We had Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii U, where Pacman was announced
We had Codename Steam
We had a really good look at Xenoblade X
Then, there was Zelda. Which topped off everything. However, Zelda U was not good for what it does itself. It was merely good for the mystery of the title.

E3 2015 was bad, yes. However, let the records show that Nintendo did absolutely everything correctly in E3 2014
It just sank in that TREEHOUSE is going to be running this.

Ha ha nah nope **** this bye.
just stay on here. I will provide videos and text and news of everything you will miss.
Actually, I think Zelda U was announced at E3 2014, and X's first trailer came later that year. Could be wrong. But I getcha. Nintendo's marketing scheme for the Wii U seemed to rely heavily on Amiibos being integrated into several of their games (Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival comes to mind), a mindset which detracted severely from the quality of their E3 showing. It's just that many people consider X to be contender, of sorts, to Zelda U what with being the only other open-world game promised to be on the console.
Xenoblade was first showcased at a Nintendo direct at January 2013, of which we got our first real trailer at E3 2013.

Where have they said that?

Edit: I've just seen their press release that says this Zelda stream will go all day and there won't be anything beforehand, so I guess they're really committed to only giving Zelda a presence. While I'm excited to finally see this game proper and more, can it possibly carry the entire event for them?
Do you mind linking to the press release specifically saying there will be nothing before the treehouse event? Many of us would like to read Nintendo's exact words on this.

The answer to your question is - Nintendo are not showing up for E3 this year. Only Zelda is.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Do you mind linking to the press release specifically saying there will be nothing before the treehouse event? Many of us would like to read Nintendo's exact words on this.

The answer to your question is - Nintendo are not showing up for E3 this year. Only Zelda is.
http://e3.nintendo.com/#

This is their full schedule for E3....

http://e3.nintendo.com/#

This is their full schedule for E3....
Nintendo @ E3 starts at 9 a.m. PTon Tuesday, June 14.
Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT for the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda game.

The day’s events will kick off with livestreamed gameplay and behind-the-scenes info from the game experts of Nintendo Treehouse—live and unscripted from the show floor.
That's all it says for the time being. So Nintendo did not say they will do anything else. I guess you are correct because nothing can happen before 9am. Nintendo has not said there will be anything apart from the Zelda day though. There just has been zero mention of it. One can assume this is because there is nothing else. That's a very smart asumption. But still it's not officially said by Nintendo.

On another note, I really don't like the treehouse events, because a couple of the treehouse staff are very arrogant not very pleasent on screen. If the treehouse is not watchable, I'll just choose the best fan sites and watch their footage of the game.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member

Zelda Informer posted the full press release here.
Nintendo will transform its booth at the E3 video game trade show next month in Los Angeles to immerse fans in the world of the newest game in The Legend of Zelda franchise – playable for the first time ever at the show. To ensure attendees are able to truly experience the freedom of exploration the game offers, The Legend of Zelda for Wii U will be Nintendo’s focus of the show this year, and will be the only playable game in Nintendo’s booth via extended demos.

At E3 this year, we’re treating people to an immersive Zelda experience,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “By giving attendees extended hands-on time with this remarkable game, they’ll be able to get a much deeper understanding of something new for the franchise.”

Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com. The stream will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun.

Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has said that this new installment in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be a clean break from the conventions of previous games, removing boundaries that forced players to follow a set path and introducing new gameplay that has not been experienced in previous games in the series.

While people everywhere will be able to watch The Legend of Zelda gameplay online, one lucky fan and a companion will be flown to Los Angeles to enjoy the action in person and be among the first to play the game on the show floor. Between now and May 10, Nintendo is offering a sweepstakes on Twitter for a chance to win a trip for two to E3 to play the game. Anyone who tweets @NintendoAmerica a note about what The Legend of Zelda series means to them while using the hashtags #MyZeldaLegend and #NintendoSweepstakes will be entered for a chance to win. Fans can share messages about their favorite games, characters or memories of the franchise. Nintendo will select a winner at random. The prize package includes airfare for two, a hotel stay, tickets to E3, a $500 prepaid VISA debit card. For all the details about the sweepstakes, visithttp://e3.nintendo.com/#section-sweepstakes.

To stay informed about Nintendo’s presence at E3, visit http://e3.nintendo.com.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
One of 2 things is going to happen this E3.

The first is that the demo is absolutely amazing. The press are in general consensus that they are stunned by the title, and it becomes one of the most hyped games of that E3. Everyone is really excited and they don't even care that it was the only game in the show booth because it was so amazing. Due to the nature of the demo, the demo consistently harbors the press so that they can get the most exclusive footage first, if it is indeed open ended.

Fallout 4 consistently won E3 last year, despite it being only a single game. People got immensely hyped for it.

The second thing that will happen. The demo is mediocre. We have some light coverage of it. Everything is lukewarm and not much changes. Fans will be disappointed, and we will just wait for NX.

Fallout 4 consistently won E3 last year, despite it being only a single game. People got immensely hyped for it.
All that hype did not translate into a good game though. The average metacritic puclic score was very low. This is just proof that great demos do not always make great games. Last year SFZ was also hyped up. Just as much as Fallout4. SFZ looked totally amazing last year. The end result March this year? Not as much a flop as Fallout4 (quality wise), but SFZ is not the amazing game we all expected. It's average. A good game but nothing more sadly (I'm saying this and I'm a huge Star Fox fan). On the other hand I think Star Fox Guard is amazing.

My point is a good Zelda demo and lots of hype does not automatically translate into an amazing finished released product. One would hope that this is the case but 2x last year it was proven that this is not the case always. The best we can hope for is that the finished product March next year is as good as all the hype and demos at this year's E3 will be.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
All that hype did not translate into a good game though. The average metacritic puclic score was very low. This is just proof that great demos do not always make great games. Last year SFZ was also hyped up. Just as much as Fallout4. SFZ looked totally amazing last year. The end result March this year? Not as much a flop as Fallout4 (quality wise), but SFZ is not the amazing game we all expected. It's average. A good game but nothing more sadly (I'm saying this and I'm a huge Star Fox fan). On the other hand I think Star Fox Guard is amazing.

My point is a good Zelda demo and lots of hype does not automatically translate into an amazing finished released product. One would hope that this is the case but 2x last year it was proven that this is not the case always. The best we can hope for is that the finished product March next year is as good as all the hype and demos at this year's E3 will be.
Here's the difference however:
Fallout 4 didn't have demos, merely a cut up video demonstration, much like the Game Awards Show did with Zelda.

Now, the Zelda Demo will actually have gameplay from the final game. Which will be an accurate representation of true hype for the game. So if it is amazing, then the game will more or less be amazing unless they really screw up.

As for Star Fox though... It didn't look amazing at E3. Nintendo did a lot to improve the game since then as well. Graphically, gameplay-wise, and with more options.

I don't think Nintendo has ever released a playable demo of a game, that was better than the final product. Nintendo always works on improving games after the demo, to make it better.

But anyway, having insane hype for Zelda is what Nintendo needs to make it past E3. Else the public opinion of Nintendo will decrease even further.

Here's the difference however:
Fallout 4 didn't have demos, merely a cut up video demonstration, much like the Game Awards Show did with Zelda.
True but the hype was totally there.

Now, the Zelda Demo will actually have gameplay from the final game. Which will be an accurate representation of true hype for the game. So if it is amazing, then the game will more or less be amazing unless they really screw up.
True but everyone is capable of screwing up even Nintendo. But I do agree with you, that if the demos are great, I think the game will be great also.

As for Star Fox though... It didn't look amazing at E3. Nintendo did a lot to improve the game since then as well. Graphically, gameplay-wise, and with more options.
Your opinion only. You are free to have your own opinion. My opinion is quite the opposite here however. SFZ was amazing in my opinion at E3 for what it was and what it hoped to be. Unfortunately a lot of those hopes and dreams did not eventuate in the final game.

I don't think Nintendo has ever released a playable demo of a game, that was better than the final product. Nintendo always works on improving games after the demo, to make it better.
This is a wise way to do things. The public's reaction to games is always good information. SFZ is a perfect example. People complained about certain things (mainly the graphics and controls), and Nintendo worked on those. The released product looks amazing and does have very good controls. The downside is many of the issues that SFZ does have were not mentioned by the fans at E3 and similar conferences. At least we know if the fan demand is strong enough for something to be fixed in a demo, before the final release, it will be. So looks like we as fans need to find every little flaw in the Zelda demo, and complain hard about them to Nintendo, so they get fixed. An issue not complained about is a potential issue that might not be fixed by Nintendo.

But anyway, having insane hype for Zelda is what Nintendo needs to make it past E3. Else the public opinion of Nintendo will decrease even further.
Nintendo will make it past E3 jsut fine either way. Nintendo do however need to do a good Zelda showing. Reason being is if you only have one game at E3, you'd better show it off amazingly. If you can't or wont then better skipping E3 all together. I would not be disappointed if Nintendo had skipped E3 this year. Past Zelda, there is not much Nintendo has to show now, cause the NX is just not ready to be showcased to the world yet. Nintendo said no, we will show up, Zelda in hand only. So because of that Nintendo's Zelda show needs to be amazing.

The big question after E3 will be "So this is Zelda U, how will Zelda NX improve on or be different to this?" Nintendo can't leave that question too long as the Zelda hype will slowly die down post E3. Best to exploit the hype train while it's still in peak hour.

Y2K

Quick question. Will this event be streamed on twitch and or youtube? If not that is a grave mistake but if so awesome!

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Nintendo followed up what is considered by many (myself included) to be one of the best E3s in the last 5-10 years with the worst E3 of all time (some say the E3 with Wii Music was worse, and that is definitely a contender, but I still say 2015 was the worst).

This year, Nintendo is doing it differently and focusing only on the biggest title. Admittedly, despite the moans and groans, Zelda Next is still one of the most anticipated titles out there. And despite the constant delays—and I could even say especially because of the delays—it is still highly anticipated. Maybe not in the "I can't wait to play it!" sense, but definitely in the "I can't wait to see what they pull off/I can't wait to see if the wait was worth it."

Nintendo can't afford a poor showing. It simply can't.

Since Kimishima took over, there have been positive changes, so I am actually pretty optimistic about this event.

I hope we have competent treehouse workers doing the ZeldaU treehouse event. Some of the previous treehouse workers have been total dickheads. So annoying I had to turn off the stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom