• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Fan Sites That Do Not Exist Anymore

Ninja

Well well well
The Hylia, my first Zelda community. It technically exists but hasn't been updated in years.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
North Castle was first Zelda forum I was part of. While never as big as something like ZD or ZU, it had a tight community of active people. Unfortunately, all those people have drifted away. The forum is a skeleton of it's former self, with people posting between periods of months.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Dangit, I wanted to post this thread! ZCom was my first Zelda fan experience, short for the MSN group, "The Zelda Community". It was very active and had fantastic role playing boards with many talented and driven participants. Honestly, I've been looking for a Zelda community to take its place since Microsoft dumped us in the gutter in 2009. Zelda Informer (then ZDI and now just ZD) had been as close as I can get to a replacement as it's active, community oriented, and has a bunch of awesome members. I miss ZCom but I've tried many Zelda fan sites and ZD is by far the best these days.

There was also The Desert Colossus, Exploding Deku Nut (tragic when we lost their presence a few years back), North Castle (which still exists but...), and Zelda: The Grand Adventures. The Grand Adventures was where I learned that you could actually WRITE STORIES about Zelda! The site was integral to my journey with the series. In 2012, I actually got in touch with the guy who ran the site (The Missing Link) via email and expressed my gratitude for his contributing to my Zelda fandom, for which he was grateful.

The old fan sites had a different feel about them. They weren't necessarily better and most didn't have a great way to interact with other fans, but many had music, art, literature, flash games, videos, and general game information as their main draws. I miss certain things about those old sites. Of you want to experience the way those old Zelda sites felt, I'd suggest trying North Castle, they haven't changed much.

Tsynk

VoinTsynk
I honestly miss ZREO, even though the guy who was in charge of it is still doing projects that are not ZREO projects, the site however was left in the wasteland in 2013, it's no longer updated and the forums that were connected to the ZREO site just disappeared. Radio Hyrule is still going, however. I miss the regular updates that ZREO had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom