• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Twenty-One Entries + Week Twenty-Two Theme

Which entry did you think was the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Welcome to Week Twenty-Two of the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition! I'm very sorry about the delay in posting this thread. As a result, participants will have a bit more than the traditional two weeks to create new entries and vote on the old ones.

First of all, let's start with the victor of last round. Week Twenty is a tie between HeroOfTime and 27Hooray! Congratulations! We're still sorting out things with the awards, but hopefully we'll get those to you soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy your places in the hall of fame!

Now we can look at the newer entries for Week Twenty-One. Last round's theme was Mystery. Everyone give a big round of applause to our two entrants and take a moment to listen to their fantastic pieces.

HeroOfTime
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grrc3bvq7q7k41q/Kotake and Koume theme Techno.mid?dl=0

miniluigi008
https://soundcloud.com/mini-luigi-miniluigi008/unexpected-cosmos

After hearing both of these wonderful entries, please consider voting on the poll above for which entry you think is the best.

And now we can move on to our very belated theme announcement! Week Twenty-Two's theme will be...

BATTLE
This week's theme is Battle! Create or cover an epic song filled with promises of conflict or battle! It can range anywhere from dissonant and tense to harmonious and triumphant -- as always, be creative! Just remember to send your entries to me by February 21st, 2015 at 11:59 PM MST. Good luck to you all!

Rules

• Anyone is welcome to enter. As long as you have significantly contributed to your piece musically in some way (e.g. composing, playing an instrument, singing) then it is acceptable. You can also cover songs, which means that you perform or arrange your own version of an existing song, such as one from a video game. Original pieces are welcome as well.
    • Songs should follow the week's prescribed theme, though creative interpretation is definitely allowed. Entries are highly unlikely to be denied based on a lack of relation to the theme except in extreme cases, so please don't be afraid to enter because you are afraid that your entry deviates from the theme too much. Every five weeks, the competition theme is Freestyle, where entrants are allowed to submit any musical piece they have created.
    • All entries should be sent to Heroine of Time in a Private Message before the deadline. You can upload them to any kind of music-sharing website, such as YouTube, SoundCloud, or Dropbox. (Note that I usually will not respond to your Private Message unless you request that I do so or ask a question.)
    • Voting is open to all members of the Dungeon Gaming Network, whether they entered or not. However, you may not vote for yourself, and any suspected cheating (such as asking friends to vote for you unfairly) may result in disqualification. The voting period lasts until one day before the original due date for the next round's entries (usually 13 days from the posting of the newest round).
    • Winners are given a ribbon for their Awards Showcase and their name is added to the Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie, both/all winners will get the reward, and their name will be put in the Hall of Fame with a note explaining that they tied.
    • Most importantly, have fun! Despite the number of rules, this competition's main goal is to have fun and show off your creative talent. Don't be intimidated by the other entries -- get out there and make some music!
Please also consider the competition section's general rules. Send the competition leader (Heroine of Time) any further questions!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven, Week Nine, Week Ten (Tie), Week Fifteen
Pendio - Week Ten (Tie), Week Eleven, Week Twelve (Tie), Week Sixteen
Johnny Sooshi - Week Twelve (Tie)
HeroOfTime - Week Seventeen, Week Eighteen, Week Nineteen, Week Twenty (Tie)
27Hooray - Week Twenty (Tie)

Last edited:

miniluigi008

Just smile and nod.
Psalm 120:1 "I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me."
You can enter .midi files? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the music since the sounds change depending on what .midi player you play it in?

You can enter .midi files? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the music since the sounds change depending on what .midi player you play it in?
General MIDI is quite standardized so whatever is programmed in one machine should playback and sound the same in any machine that uses GM. If you're working in a DAW you could send the midi data to another device (or instrument) to give it a different sound. However it might still retain pitch, volume, and vibrato envelopes.

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Ohhh i gots a perfect idea for this one. I was planning on making an RPG once and i was writing music for it, but i had to drop the project cuz i'm terrible at pixel art. Anywho i wrote a battle song for it so yeah i'll use that. I'll probably make the game eventually actually, but not yet.

Also congrats to HoTtie for winning alongside me last time

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
...is it against the rules to vote for yourself? And what happens if you do?
Hope Heroine doesn't mind me answering, but yes, it is against the rules which can be found in this thread.

It states the following:

1. You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself
If you do so your vote will not count. If you did vote for yourself your vote will be taken from the final result. If you received like 15 votes and one is a selfvote it will be taken away so you will have 14 votes.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Hope Heroine doesn't mind me answering, but yes, it is against the rules which can be found in this thread.

It states the following:

Hrrm, I thought so... what happens if you vote for yourself?

Anyway I can stream the music and not download it?

Wait, what's the difference?

I did ask about that before entering, and Heroine said it was fine. :)

Anyway, if you did want my entry in mp3, here it is;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4bn3luart3a7sw/KK theme.mp3?dl=0

It's a bit quiet. I could fixit, but I'm too lazy to do that right now. The midi is better, but those with apple devices can't hear it.

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Streaming is like Twitch or Youtube, Downloading is putting it on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom