• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Twelve Entries + Week Thirteen Theme

Which entry did you think was the best?

• Johnny Sooshi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pendio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Greetings, good people of the Dungeon Gaming Network! Welcome to Week Thirteen of our venerable Music Competition! Since Pendio won the previous week by default, let's jump right on in to Week Twelve's contestants!

This round, the theme was Desperation. Here are two fantastic pieces for your listening pleasure.

Johnny Sooshi
https://soundcloud.com/sooshi-shef/in-fear-and-faith-the-taste-of-regret-sooshi-shef-remix

Pendio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl3Kb-iPQYM

Please listen to both entries and vote for which one you think is the best in the poll above.

With that done, now we can move on to this week's new theme. Week Thirteen's Theme will be...

Family and Friendship

Hopefully this theme isn't too vague. :P Compose or cover a song that is reminiscent of family or friendship. Interpret this how you'd like. Everyone has different feelings when it comes to their family and friends, so feel free to be creative! Just make sure that you send me your song by Saturday, August 23rd at 11:59 MDT Saturday, August 30th at 11:59 MDT. Note that the deadline has been changed. I'll look forward to hearing your entry!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven, Week Nine, Week Ten (Tie)
Pendio - Week Ten (Tie), Week Eleven

Last edited:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
These are both really beautiful! Pendio I've never heard anyone whistle that low and hnnnng how do you have whistle vibrato. Johnny, I like how you made the whole thing off of one "riff" (I had no idea what word to use but riff is the closest one I can get to the one i mean haha).

I can't pick, tbh, I really liked them both, for different reasons. I can appreciate electronic music for the beat but I've always liked the way "real" (used loosely) music sounds. You both did fantastic.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well I do have to vote for Pendio on this one, but I thought it was very good. I love how you always get this kinda Old West-y feel to your songs and it was very fitting for the theme. :D

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio I've never heard anyone whistle that low and hnnnng how do you have whistle vibrato.

:D

Well I do have to vote for Pendio on this one, but I thought it was very good. I love how you always get this kinda Old West-y feel to your songs and it was very fitting for the theme. :D

Thanks so much! ^^ I thought your entry was great too! I gotta say though that I'm not usually very fond of electronic music, but there was something about your song that really got to me. I've listened to it several times over now, and I think it might be the "simplicity" of the arrangement maybe. I also loved it whenever the lower melody and the higher one played in harmony together. Excuse me if I'm using the wrong terms, I'm not very good with musical theory. Hehe!

You know, I also noticed quite recently that a couple of my covers have that "Old West-y feel" to them, but I don't really try to make them that way. XD I guess I'm getting subconsciously inspired by what I usually listen to. ^^

Again, great job! ;)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Thanks so much! ^^ I thought your entry was great too! I gotta say though that I'm not usually very fond of electronic music, but there was something about your song that really got to me. I've listened to it several times over now, and I think it might be the "simplicity" of the arrangement maybe. I also loved it whenever the lower melody and the higher one played in harmony together. Excuse me if I'm using the wrong terms, I'm not very good with musical theory. Hehe!

You know, I also noticed quite recently that a couple of my covers have that "Old West-y feel" to them, but I don't really try to make them that way. XD I guess I'm getting subconsciously inspired by what I usually listen to. ^^

Again, great job! ;)

I mean, electronic music is my focus, but I am also trying to stay true to the artist in this one (it is a remix after all). Honestly, I was just messing around with tabs one day and I tried this one and ran with it. And yeah, it just sounds so epic when the melody (the lower octave riff in this case) is played with the harmony cause they just so amazing (that's the part of the original that I based my remix off of) and it's one of the reasons why I chose that one to work with

Whatever the case may be, don't stop. You've got a sound that really is quite enjoyable!

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Sadly, the hardware I use to record has broken, so I won't be competing until I get a new one. Fantastic entries from both competitors this week, though! Good luck to those competing next round!

Heroine of Time

Today is the final day of Round Thirteen! I have not received any entries yet, but I hope I can hear some lovely pieces by the end of the day.

Heroine of Time

Well, I didn't get any of those aforementioned lovely pieces, so I guess I'm extending the deadline. :P

You can now submit me a song for this theme until August 30th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT. Remember, don't be shy! If you entered now, and no one else submitted anything, you'd be the automatic winner! :P

Heroine of Time

I received no entries at all in these three weeks... And as a result, I totally forgot that they were due yesterdy.

Well, what do you guys say? Should I start the next round belatedly? Or should I give it another week?

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I'm not so sure that people don't like this theme as much as maybe they have some things going on that prevent them from recording, such as myself. Either way, I will try to get an entry in without my normal software, but I can't make any guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom