• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Five Entries + Week Six Theme

Whose entry did you think was the best?

• Johnny Sooshi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo_Master

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Welcome to Week Six of the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition. Before we get into that, let's congratulate M107 and Mellow Ezlo for ending Week Four in a tie. Thanks to you both and penguinboy82 for entering!

Over the last three weeks, I received two wonderful original works related to no theme. Here are Week Five's entries.

Johnny Sooshi
https://db.tt/lLTX3PKZ
Title: Space Station

Nintendo_Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLnmuxEnD0

Please vote for the song that you enjoyed the most, and leave some nice constructive criticism below.

Now, Week Six's Theme is...

MAGIC

This is another theme that's rather open-ended, allowing for covers that are related to magical or the supernatural in video games or other media, or songs that sound very whimsical and mystical. You can also compose a song that's related to dark and evil powers or lighthearted fairy tales. Regardless of what you choose, please send it to me by Saturday, April 19th at 11:59 PM MDT Saturday, April 26th at 11:59 PM MDT. Good luck!

M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I'm so sorry for not posting my submission for last week as it was a hectic week. With the theme of magic, I think I can come up with something just in time for this theme! :P I always want to say thank you Heroine for reviving the music competition! It really is bringing members to together to come up and create wonderful covers and original music concepts! ^^ Both entries sounded pretty good, but I had to choose NM because made me felt like I was in an eerie video game and I don't know what is going to happen in to me in the next few minutes. In some weird way, it reminds me of Metroid so maybe that's why I love it even more! :clap:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You guys, y u do dis?? It's gonna take me, like, a week to decide because you both did really good!

Both entries were really galactic sounding, and reminded me of being in outer space. Though, even though they were similar, both had a very different feel to them, which is why it's so hard to choose!

Well, my schedule has calmed down a bit, so I might be able to make an entry this time (no promises, though). I'll try to do something. :)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well seeing as Nintendo_Master is the only other, I gotta give him my vote. It's really good too! Super spacey, but in an eerie way. Feels like I'm listening to some drone metal almost, but its all electronic.

NM, what DAW do you use?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Well seeing as Nintendo_Master is the only other, I gotta give him my vote. It's really good too! Super spacey, but in an eerie way. Feels like I'm listening to some drone metal almost, but its all electronic.

NM, what DAW do you use?

Uhh...by DAW do you mean...um...I made it with Ableton Live Lite, if that is what you're asking...I'm sorry, I don't have the lingo down yet ^_^;

And I suppose my vote will go to yours sir. I really liked the intro! The rhythmic part that followed threw me off a bit, but I was still able to get into it for the most part. :D

Heroine of Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwkjz-o-siM Here my entry for you "magical" music contest
Yeah, I'm afraid M107 is right. You have to be the creator of the work. If it's a video game song, you would have to submit a cover of the song, meaning it's your own interpretation of it.

Plus, if you enter in the future, please send me a private message instead of posting it here. ^^

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Uhh...by DAW do you mean...um...I made it with Ableton Live Lite, if that is what you're asking...I'm sorry, I don't have the lingo down yet ^_^;

And I suppose my vote will go to yours sir. I really liked the intro! The rhythmic part that followed threw me off a bit, but I was still able to get into it for the most part. :D

Yeah, that's basically it XD (I saw your YouTube and found your SoundCloud so I subbed both)

Thanks, I always like to know what people use. I myself use Reason and I'm trying to get the hang of FL Studios as well since I just got a register key from a friend.

And I'm glad you liked it. I'm into Trance a lot so I go for catchy beats like that.

Heroine of Time

Hi, everyone. I'm sorry for not posting here right away.

Partially due to the lack of entries again and partially due to my own lateness, I'm going to extend the deadline to April 26th, 2014. Maybe I should just permanently change the deadline to be three weeks. XD I apologize to Nintendo_Master, who already submitted his work to me on time.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something

Partially due to the lack of entries again and partially due to my own lateness, I'm going to extend the deadline to April 26th, 2014. Maybe I should just permanently change the deadline to be three weeks. XD I apologize to Nintendo_Master, who already submitted his work to me on time.

Is all good. ^^ Hopefully we can get some more entires, I love hearing what other people compose on these contests!

I've been trying to work with a new set of tools, so I'll be a bit slower when it comes to creating entries. My submission is in though, so I'll let this post serve as a reminder of the deadline as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom