• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Cereal

H

HeroInTime

Anyone remember eating or see it in the grocery store back in the day? Nintendo, it's a cereal now! LOL

zeldacereal.JPG

L

linkthehero

where do you get that

that is part of a nutricous breakfast

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I've seen images and such of them in the past and knew they existed but I've never seen them in real life. I have no idea if they even came out in the UK. Does anyone here know how long they lasted?

I was too young to even remember this cereal in stores and I've never ate it, which I could have and remembered it though.

Ah yes. I remember those. It was a brand of cereal known as Nintendo Cereal System; it was actually produced by the Ralston Cereals company circa-1988. I believe it contained two kinds of cereal - with the box split in half - one side Zelda Adventure and the other Super Mario - with each half came a different flavor. There were also "prizes" in [on?] the box for those who wished to collect them. While I was born around the time of the popular brand, I, myself, have never actually tried the cereal, but my older siblings have. According to my brother, both flavors contained in the box were downright gross. XD Anyway, fun fact: The Nintendo Cereal System brand can be found at online auctions to this very day priced at around $200. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Yum yum...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's crazy. Wouldn't the cereal have gone bad by now?

Yeah, I know right? That's exactly what I was thinking. Apparently, they - those auctioning off the product - have found a way to somehow preserve it. To be honest, though, I think the cereal is more of a collector's item that is not to be eaten, but rather kept for its sentimental value. On the other hand, the company Ralston Cereals sold many of its cereal products to General Mills and other thriving companies. That said, it might be safe to assume the cereal is still being made. Perhaps it can be ordered upon special request?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
with the cereal you can eat an octorock! " man i'm so hungry i can eat an octorock! well now you can with the nintendo cereal system!", that'll get zelda fans to buy it!

i dont think i was born when that happend or i was to small when that happend :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom