• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Can fight with a sword

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
we are so back

giphy.gif

Malon

I want a kitty!
@thePlinko, can you not be hateful for five seconds? Please? We get it. You resent new Zeldas. Move on. I don't mean to sound rude, but some people are excited about this stuff, but pretend to hate it due to peer pressure. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Thank you.

I am so beyond hyped for this game. Zelda swordfighting and riding a horse in an expanded ALttP Hyrule a year after the biggest 3D Zelda of all time that expands on an entire new generation of lore, Gerudo rep and Death Mountain/Hebra separation is literally my dream, I'm so excited.

And I know some people just wanted to do the puzzle combat, but having actual combat is going to make the game infinitely more playable. It's like if Mario wasn't able to jump on enemies: a Zelda game needs sword combat. I knew they were going to include it, and I'm glad they made it its own mechanic instead of extending the echo mechanic into Kirby territory.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
@thePlinko, can you not be hateful for five seconds? Please? We get it. You resent new Zeldas. Move on. I don't mean to sound rude, but some people are excited about this stuff, but pretend to hate it due to peer pressure. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Thank you.
This is a forum about Zelda. You are going to see opinions on Zelda games, and those opinions won’t always be ones you like. Get over it. I will continue to be critical of the multi-billion dollar company as long as they continue to do things warranting criticism. If you don’t want to be exposed to that, nobody said you had to read it.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Every time they show a trailer, they outdo themselves! The swordfighter mechanic is a perfect way to sneak a little traditional combat in while still respecting the echoes system, due to how limited it is. She's literally taking on Link's abilities to help her in a pinch. They are cooking good zelink food in this one. Especially with the way the trailer ended :eyes:

Traversal with echoes continues to promise great things, especially in the Still World. It looks super fun and creative. The automatons are cool, too, further expanding your repertoire. So we've got three d-pad buttons confirmed now... Wonder what the last one will be.

This game looks like it could be one of the best 2D games yet! Can't wait to experience it.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
This is a forum about Zelda. You are going to see opinions on Zelda games, and those opinions won’t always be ones you like. Get over it. I will continue to be critical of the multi-billion dollar company as long as they continue to do things warranting criticism. If you don’t want to be exposed to that, nobody said you had to read it.
The line between being critical (a disposition) and critiquing constructively is very narrow. I myself have had to be wary of the former infecting my judgement.

I would have preferred giving Zelda her classic rapier back, but I'm fine with this. I just wonder if Zelda has to use the sword as soon as she touches it or if she can save it for later. Like only using the sword during boss fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom