• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Bosses: Bongo Bongo

Calebmoore

Power Games Inc.
I've given my theory on both the Sheikah and Kakariko Village, including the graveyard and Shadow Temple, and now I feel it's time to wrap this whole theme up. Bongo Bongo is the boss of the Shadow Temple. He has to severed hands along with no head. Just an eye. Now there's a story of a man that lived in a house where the Well of Three Features now stands. He could see the truth without training his "mind eye". Now alot of people say that the man is actually Bongo Bongo. I agree with this...sort of....

You see the well is where the house was, and that is where you find the Lens of Truth and also where Bongo Bongo was first imprisoned. It's almost like they're giving us the answer. Kakariko Village was also home to the Sheikah Tribe. With this and the fact that the Lens of Truth bares a Sheikah symbol, you can pretty much garentee the man was Sheikan.

So let's review, we have a Sheikan man who most likely made the Lens of Truth, hide it in a chamber in his basement, and became Bongo Bongo. But how? Why? How did he become that demon? Why is he evil?

My theory goes like this. The man lived among the Sheikah. Most likely wanting to be one of the elite Sheikah around. Well I would say that unlike the other Sheikah he couldn't quite train his mind's eye to see the truth. Without this he couldn't go through the Shadow Temple, the final test. So he did what he needed to, to be able to see the truth. He couldn't use his mind eye, so he took his real eye, and soon forged the Lens of Truth.

Now able to see the truth, he was over joyed. Until he saw the truth. Everyone looked down on him. Disgusted when he would walk by. Now ashamed and crush he went to hide himself. He found the happy mask salesman.
(Please read my Majora's Mask Theory to understand how the salesman was alive at this time.)
The salesman taught him the song of healing to heal his sorrows.This is where the Mask of Truth comes into play. If I'm correct the Mask was the original home of Bongo Bongo. The man took the mask back to his house, and hide there. He now held two of the strongest Sheikah weapons. The lens of Truth and Mask of Truth. The salesman told him of the dangers of putting the mask on. Told him of how it would change him. The man may have one eye, but he was still smart. He kept the mask lock up with the Lens.

Again let's recap. The man now lives in his house with one eye, hiding the Mask of Truth which holds Bongo Bongo, and the Lens of Truth in his basement, while the other Sheikah look down on him.

Now I'd say that the man eventually died. But how did the mask is home without Bongo Bongo tagging along? Well when the house was torn down and the well was built, the Sheikah found the chamber. They started to clear it out when they found the mask and lens. Knowing the lens was made from his own body, they left it as a keepsake for him. However the mask was different. The Sheikah seem to have many different abilities. Being able to see the truth, they would've seen the part of the man within the mask. I'd say they either freed him from the mask, but trapped him in the well, or he simply broke free himself. Whatever the case, he was freed, but he was also trapped. The mask was returned to the salesman so that he would get rid of it.

Now fast forward. Link sees Bongo Bongo break free from the well, and head to the Shadow Temple. My guess is that he went to the temple because if he couldn't be an elite then he wasn't going to let anyone be elite. Now as I said before, I do think that Bongo Bongo is the man in the story. But only the sadden, and angered half of the man.

I'm sorry it seems like a story, I just get alittle into these theories. I also know that most of it is speculation. I just thought of the natural reactions one would have in his situation. I also know some of his is based around my other theories. I do that because if two theories condradict eachother then they cannot be true. I want to find theories that fit together perfectly. This concludes my Sheikah Theories Series. Thank you fo reading if you have any suggestions that could make this more solid, I'm all ears.

It is certainly a convincing theory but why is bongo bongo so obsessed with playing drums? (which I'm sure is where he got the name from).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom