• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda and Motion Controls...

Z

Zosma

Hello everyone, new to this place. First post :)

Want to get ur opinions :)

I dont know about you guys but i dont like motion controls. Feels like a gimick most of the time. Doont even get me started me started about 3D gaming aswell lol.

I feel kinda bumbed about Zelda 2010 because its major focus is motion control and i felt that is what took away a lot from TP. I think with out motion controls developers can really focus on the game itself more so than minor wiimote movements that dont really add any true gameplay. Maybe ill be eating my words, but i dont think so. I want a crazy new zelda again but no motion stuff. U?

~EDIT by Smitie: Moved to Zelda wii section

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
*Looks into future* IT'S A SUCCESS!!!!!!! Or we could wait and find out. It has (Rumored to be) in development for 5 years.

It will work out, don't worry. And being a proud owner of TP's Wii version, I must say that I'm happy with the motion controls.

You really can't look at TP's motion controls and judge from there. TP was tacked with motion controls at the last second to get a cash-in on the Wii. What better way to sell your brand new console than a Zelda game anyway? But now, we've been assured this is being built from the ground up as far as motion controls go, with Wii Motion Plus and a good 4 years of development. The controls, at this point, are one of my least concerns right now regarding Zelda Wii, because Nintendo ALWAYS puts its game play before ANYTHING else, right? No way they'd muck it up.

I don't usually like motion controls in my hardcore games too. But I think that, even beyond our personal tastes, gaming has to move forward. It's clear now that motion controls are the future of gaming, with new technologies popping every time nowadays.

And who knows... perhaps SS will surprise us! :)
Will we be talking in the future: "Zelda Skyward Sword, the first hardcore game to really nail motion controls."

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I see no problems with it, as long as the contols aren't too sensetive >.<

Or something like this might happen-
1839462f_6a43_fb6e0.jpg

Yup, scratch your nose and Link'll stab himself in the head D:

T

The Hero

Motion controls is where it's at for this game. Nintendo wants us to truly live the experience of being Link. and it's not just motion controls. Item selection too is making gameplay go on with out pausing the game. really like you're in battle.

You really can't look at TP's motion controls and judge from there. TP was tacked with motion controls at the last second to get a cash-in on the Wii. What better way to sell your brand new console than a Zelda game anyway? But now, we've been assured this is being built from the ground up as far as motion controls go, with Wii Motion Plus and a good 4 years of development. The controls, at this point, are one of my least concerns right now regarding Zelda Wii, because Nintendo ALWAYS puts its game play before ANYTHING else, right? No way they'd muck it up.

This basically sums it up. I was a little worried at first too, especially since sometimes you just are so used to controls of previous Zelda games, but after a while and hearing opinions like Vergo's I became confident that Nintendo will do a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom