• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda 2 Most Underrated Game of All Time?

How underrated is Zelda 2??

• Not underrated at all - 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like most other games - 2

• A bit Underrated - 3

• Underrated - 4

• Extremely underrated - 5

• More underrated then Majora's Mask ( 6 )

• The most underrated game on earth ( 7 )

• Total voters
I just finished my epic quest of zelda 2 on my nintendo entertainment system and I have to say that it may be in my top 5 zelda games and top 10 overall games. I also think it's the best game on the nintendo entertainment system.

So my question is this out of 5 how underrated is The Adventure of Link ( Zelda 2 )

5 Being really underrated
1 Being not underrated

I think its the most underrated game of all time thats my vote.

Zarom

The King
AOL is underrated, but not really that much. The major issue with it is that the game is really, really hard. And that's the main reason why people don't like it. Also, the fact that it's different than the other Zelda games. It is even called the "black sheep" by many people.

Personally, I loved AOL as much as LOZ. I enjoyed both of them, and for now, I can't really say which one I prefered. But AOL is not that much underrated when you think about it. It has sold 4.38 million copies (more than MC, WW, FSA and even MM) and is the 5th best selling games on the NES...

The most underrated Zelda games IMO are: MC, FSA, WW and AOL.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Zelda2 wasn't that bad.But it was harder and maybe was the reason why so many people hate it.Its not my favorite Zelda game but I don't hate it.

Yes it is underrated, but not the most underrated Zelda game. Link's Awakening would take that title.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Yes it is underrated, but not the most underrated Zelda game. Link's Awakening would take that title.
Heh, and I just finished the section for Link's Awakening, and Adventure of Link is my next game now. LA is a good game, but I've played it so much now since I worked on it I'm rather sick of it. AoL is great, I like it a lot. It is overrated, but mostly by people who just can't beat it due to its difficulty.

It is overrated, but mostly by people who just can't beat it due to its difficulty.

Well, assuming you meant underrated, I totally agree. Gamers nowadays if they cannot beat something just by looking at a guide and it actually requires some skill, they'll just give up and say they hate the game. I love this game, but I still need luck to beat Horsehead :(

This game is easily in my top 5 hardest games I've ever played, and that fact most of the time puts it in gamers "top 5 stupidest games of all time" Japan thinks gamers in America aren't good compared to them, and I sort of agree. We need a walkthrough and someone to hold our hand the entire way. Well, most of them, especially the younger ones that started with Ocarina of Time (Like myself, although I don't think I apply to this group, excuse the immodesty)

CZG

It's overrated. I like it a lot, but there are games out there that are about as good, of which none of us have heard.
At least people know what Zelda 2 is....

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Adventure of Link is awfully hard, and for a novice gamer like myself, quite the challenge. I've thrown a controller on many ocassions because of it... e_e
DARN YOU HORSEHEAD. :B

But I would say it's underrated by lot. It's a /great/ game. Well-made, unique and the best Overworld of any game in terms of size. Plus all the items are really awesome. Seriously. All 3D Zelda games need to learn from AoL in terms of enemy strength and Overworld size. Then they would be epic. BD But I /hate/ the leveling up aspect; it's too RPG and not Zelda-esque. It's bad enough the enemies are impossible, now I have to worry about leveling up Link?! /endrant
but now I'm off topic... this about how AoL is underrated...

I think a lot of people don't like it because it's so difficult, the gameplay is odd (side scrolling is annoying but not bad) and a lot of 'new' fans will only appriciate the 3D Zeldas and not the classics, which makes me sad. :c So mabye that's why it's underrated? IDK.

More people should play LoZ and AoL instead of all these new-fangled games. xD /shot
... I'm getting off topic again. |D

I think it's underrated because it's painfully difficult and very different from most Zelda games, but it's a classic in its own right.
... yeah, I think that's it. :x

B

Billybobjoe521

I think it's extremely underrated. Still not more than Majora's Mask though. I mean people disliked that game cause of the 3 day system, having only 4 dungeons, and being a sequel to Oot. Being a sequel? How in the world can they possibly hate it just cause it's a sequel? Also, it only sold like 3.6 million copies. It's a very overlooked game. But anyway, Zelda 2 is definetly underrated. I thought it was a great game and personally better than Zelda 1 which is kinda overrated. People hated it cause it was so different and hard. I admit it being that difficult sort of brings it down. But I still think it's a good game. Another thing, it's also really underrated compared to Oot and WW. Wind Waker is extremely overrated and is by far the worst zelda game ever excluding the Cdi games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom