• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Zelda 2 is underrated

Nicholas

The legend of nick
Personally I think zelda 2 is under loved because of rpg aspects of the game but this is the only zelda game that you beat in about 6 hours maybe less and my 2nd favorite zelda game skyward sword being the first but any way tell what you think
well the zelda series in general especially skyward sword mainly from sony fans becaause of the graphics but games are not about that its about storyline which alot of games dont have today.
Its danerous to go alone take this!.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJY

Zelda II is a great game, and truly didnt get into it until I got it for free being a 3DS ambassador. But dying, and going all the way back to the start, really, REALLY, sucks.

MW7

Sorry for my confusion, but AOL is super-underrated as you said. Also actually for me it takes twice as long to beat as Ocarina of Time because it's so much harder. The series owes a lot to that game like the magic meter and the towns. I hope we see a modern zelda with a town system like AOL eventually.

Personally I think zelda 2 is under loved because of rpg aspects of the game but this is the only zelda game that you beat in about 6 hours maybe less and my 2nd favorite zelda game skyward sword being the first but any way tell what you think
well the zelda series in general especially skyward sword mainly from sony fans becaause of the graphics but games are not about that its about storyline which alot of games dont have today.
Its danerous to go alone take this!.

In it's day, it repeatedly got the number 1 spot in Nintendo Power's Top 30, and also received higher spots than the first game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Games aren't about storyline, they're about the gameplay and the graphics. The thing about Sony and Microsoft fans is that they see the graphics aren't the best, and the characters look a little goofy. On their side of the spectrum, they see realism so they're automatically tuned to that. They come upon something like Zelda, and they go "omgwtfbbq, this isn't realistic!" so they hate the series for that reason. Story doesn't mean anything in a game, people believe that stories make games when its gameplay that makes the game.

In reality though, Zelda as a series isn't underloved. Zelda II Adventure of Link though, it has barely any fans and everyone hates it just because it's different. However like I said, people are tuned to certain kinds of entertainment so it's understandable to me. If people would try it out and take the time needed to beat the game, maybe they'll see it in a different light.

Yea, it is under loved compared t the other games, but it's the most different from the rest of the series. Plus it was very hard when it originally came out (no emus back then or save points!). It's a hard game!

Zelda II Adventure of Link though, it has barely any fans and everyone hates it just because it's different.

On the contrary, it was actually more popular than Zelda 1, and it was one of the most wanted Zelda games for the Wii's Virtual Console. Seems weird then that there would be barely any fans and that people would hate it.

You can beat Zelda II in under 6 hours? I've been avoiding playing it up until now, but maybe I can play through it quick and decide if I like it or not.

Nicholas

The legend of nick
I just wish I had home internet to download the classics. I got the gamecube 4 game collection with for classic zelda games loz,aol,oot,.mm
Mm being my least favorite but still fun.

Zelda games played loz,aol,oot,mm,tp,ss,ww
Zelda games beaten loz,aol,oot,mm,tp,ss

You can beat Zelda II in under 6 hours? I've been avoiding playing it up until now, but maybe I can play through it quick and decide if I like it or not.

Well im saying total well of course theirs that 1hour of killing bubbles to level up.

Last edited:
I don't think AoL belongs in the series, and I think Nintendo knew that, and that's why we haven't seen a Zelda game like it since. I don't think it was a bad game, though. Maybe Paper Mario was a branch from the AoL tree.

I am currently playing AoL and I am just level grinding, but what I like in a Zelda game is the storyline and I think this game has a lot of good storyline. The villagers are very helpful with information and the manual has a great story before you begin the game. I also find it interesting that the towns that I have come across have names of the sages in OoT. So far I love this game a lot and I think this game is definitely under-rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom