• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, I think that it's come to the point where I trust JC and Heroine. The facts are pointing in their favor. So what's your guys' idea on Ver? I'm willing to work with him whether he's town or cult, but it's also best to double check with you guys.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I just want to start by saying what Deku said again earlier: if the cult can recruit every night then we need to take a look at the numbers. There are 9 members left as of today (not 11 since I think I saw someone say that). We now know 4 of them are mafia. 1 of them is the cult leader, and if we assume the recruit-per-night and remove the two cultists that have died, then there’s three cultists including the leader. So that’s 7 nontown and two town. Like I said yesterday, I think Vergo is a cultist or the cult leader. And I’m inclined to believe that either JC, Heroine, or Thareous were recruited last night. I don’t think they would take a chance by recruiting DekuNut, as it can be easily proven with a vote whether he is still double voter or not.

To be honest I think they probably went with Thareous to recruit. After all, JC claimed tracker ages ago and yesterday Heroine gave the idea to be some kind of investigative role. Either one of them could possibly have been killed by the mafia and that’s a risk I don’t think the cult would want to take.
Now this is me hoping that two nights the cult leader was roleblocked, or that they were roleblocked and tried to recruit a mafia member. That would mean that the cultists now are Vergo and Thareous only, the leader and his most recent recruit. If we are lucky I hope the roleblocker got the leader again, so now there’s only him as a cultist. I know we have to treat them as allies now, as it’s either that or mafia wins, but the less cult there is the more town there is. This would make it all the easier to trust both JC and Heroine which I am really inclined to do at this. DekuNut PLEASE tell me you weren’t recruited last night. I do believe your power is now the single most important asset the town has as you could win this for us. And if you’ve lost it, that would suck.

So now basically I do trust JC, Heroine, and DekuNut. I also want to point out, I was reading through the notes I’ve made so far and I think I found that Thar actually softclaimed at one point, and I don’t mean as Axle, I mean his role. It’s here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48538&page=41&p=874976#post874976
I don’t know if it’s believable, but I think that’s a redirector softclaim and I thought I should point it out just in case someone else missed it.

So what to do. I want to be able to trust you Vergo, I really really do despite you not trusting me because it would mean the town can win the game right now. And I still feel that you’re probably in the cult. But your posts today have yelled nothing but mafia to me. I really hope I’m wrong, but here’s what I’ve been reading and the theory I’ve come up with which is another alternative to my theory yesterday:

It might be a lot to ask, but if you're not mafia, I want you to fully trust me here. I've lied through my teeth in the past, but this game is really close, and I think we can pull this off.
You ask for a lot here, asking for trust with no evidence at all. Maybe on a not-lylo situation I would have an easier time understanding your sudden outburst in the game. But this just seems too convenient. “Guys, I swear I am town (even though I’m not) and I completely trust you (because I know you’re confirmed town and I want to lead you in the wrong direction) so trust me and lets win (and by lets I mean the mafia)!” So you see why I’m having a hard time giving you my trust just like that?

That means the rest of you are mafia. Atticus, Big Octo, Go Dark Link - I think you're all scum. Thareous or Pendio is the last of you, and at this time, I don't know what to think when it comes to determining that. But we'll get to that later.
If I go by my gut belief when reading your posts, I am quite sure that there are three mafia names mentioned in there. Yes, just three, Vergo being the fourth. I’ll get to that in a second.

So to you three - Deku, JC, Heroine - our strategy today should be to lynch either Big Octo or Atticus based on the above. We have the numbers to do this, but only if we work together. Pendio or Thareous, feel free to help us out if you think it'll improve your chances further down the line (Pendio, you wanted to lynch Big Octo yesterday. Why not help us do that today?).
So again you appeal to the three members that it seems is now common belief must be town, trying to gain their trust. And you offer them two options. The way I see it, this is the perfect move for a mafioso. On one hand, offer up a member of your own mafia group, on the other a townie. If we lynch the townie, it’s done we lose mafia wins. But if we lynch the mafia member, then Vergo now has the trust of the town and can easily lead the town against the other option he offered the next day and still win, because they would still have the members. Lynch a mafia today, three remain, they kill a nonmafia at night, so now there’s seven living people. Mafia still only need one vote to gain majority, like today, so there is absolutely no disadvantage to lynching one of their own. This is what I fear, that mafia really has nothing to lose by lynching their own member, and they would gain everything from it.

We utilize our roles to the fullest over the coming nights, and hopefully determine whether or not Pendio and/or Thareous are scum. We'll start being nightkilled one by one, but this is still possible to pull off.
How exactly would we determine whether Pendio and/or Thareous are scum. The only chance we have of that is if JC tracks one of them and sees them kill someone. The problem with that is that there’s a 50/50 chance of tracking the correct person, and then I am starting to fear that the mafia have a roleblocker as well as the cop, so that’s why JC hasn’t been getting any results. And THEN even if he wasn’t blocked, the person he tracks might be in the mafia but not the one that kills the members, so he wouldn’t be able to prove anything. The chances of actually confirming who is mafia out of the two are from slim to none. By still being unsure about the two, town would naturally go for a more certain target. And what better target than the one Vergo, oh how great he was yesterday in getting mafia lynched, proposed. The target who would in fact be town.
This is exactly what I started thinking as I read your posts today, seemingly being a knight in shining armor and swooping in to lead the town to victory. And I hope you truly are town, or at least a cult member. But I’m having trouble picturing that now.

Glad to know you’re open to this. I know it’s shaky from your point of view to trust anyone, but here’s the best I can come up with:

Do you really like that any mafia member would attempt a rally like this at the last possible second? Look at this entire game so far – not a single mafia member has been found, and I believe this to be because of the mafia’s overall lack of activity during the day. If my past few posts haven’t done a good job of conveying desperation, then I’ve failed on that front. What good would it do the mafia, to attempt to forge something together like this? JC claimed, and Heroine said that her role has somehow allowed her to confirm that what JC spoke was the truth. I’m getting the feeling that JC is trusting me this time, just because he knows that if this alliance doesn’t happen…… there’s zero chance of anything but a mafia victory.

Firstly, YES it is extremely likely a mafia member would attempt a rally like this at the last possible second! You said it yourself, none of them are dead. They have enough power that all they need now is one single vote. Just one town or cult member that they manage to lead into their trap, and they can win the game. What good would it do the mafia? By coming in and offering “salvation” like this, taking control of the situation, they have so many more chances of leading a town member astray. In fact, I would even dare to say that for mafia at this point to not come in and take control would be outright stupid. They have more members than the town alone AND the cult alone. They know town would need to unite with the cult to beat them, but since town has no idea who the cult even is they need only push them in one way or another to cause a mislynch. It’s not rocket science, it’s basic logic!

No, seriously, think about that: What’s the alternative to this? Blundering around, accusing each other of not being active? We absolutely must have a plan here, or we’re going to lose, no question about it. So really, it’s either we lose today due to the mafia successfully confusing us and dividing us (with is what Thareous is going above, quite ironically) or we take a chance with each other, and see if we can salvage this game. Again, do you really, really think I’m more likely to be mafia than Big Octo?
Except, we don’t only lose if the mafia confuse us and divide us. We lost if the mafia unite us against ourselves.
And no, I don’t think you’re more likely to be mafia than Big Octo is. I think you’re equally likely. And I think Big Octo is less likely of being mafia than Atticus is. Here’s my (updated)list:

-Vergo is mafia (which makes everything else plausible)

-Atticus and Big Octo are the two targets Vergo is offering. One is town/cultist the other is mafia. Judging by the subtle lines and name drops in his posts, I’m thinking Vergo’s trying to subconsciously introduce the idea that we should lynch Big Octo rather than Atticus, because Atty is the mafia and Big Octo is town/cult. But that’s just my guess.

-A third mafia is Pendio. I’ve held to this idea since yesterday, and I read his response to my suspicions but I’m still not buying it. The way in which he tried to lead focus from the mafia to the cult only seems too coincidental to having just been “because everyone else was looking for mafia.” I hold by it, and I’d even be willing to bet he’s either the Godfather or the Roleblocker, which is why he is not one of the people Vergo offered up as lynch targets today. And he is just too damn eager to follow Vergo against Big Octo. Vergo even suggested BOcto was a better lynch because Pendio wanted to lynch him yesterday.

I guess it comes down to this – do you think you have a better shot at winning by voting off-the-wall into the dark by yourself? Or do you think you have a better chance of winning by trusting us, here at the end? That’s the best thing I can propose to you.
You have a better chance of winning by trusting us? I would’ve thought by this you meant JC, Heroine, and you, but considering JC and Heroine haven’t openly stated whether they trust you or not… could you mean by trusting /you/, the mafia?
No, we have absolutely no chance of winning by voting by ourselves. But if you truly are supporting the town, Vergo, then you have to let us discuss all possibilities, and yes form an alliance of trust among each other to win, but not just lead us into what may very well be a trap. I might be one of your suspected mafia, but like I said I really want to believe you are not lying. That and the fact that it is lylo and a vote would be taken advantage of at this point is the only reason why I’m not voting you.
So to the other townies I say slow down, stop and breathe. Take everything into account before you make a move. I am thinking very hard on this. If you want to know who I think is the best candidate for a lynch (apart from Vergo) it’s Pendio. But I’m not sure if anyone thinks my suspicions are valid. Everything I’ve said in this post might be considered paranoia, I guess, but we’re on the verge of losing. And when that happens I tend to be as cautious as possible. And for me right now that means not being able to trust Vergo.
And yes, we're on the verge of losing but that also means we can tip the scale and win. So town, cult, ask me questions voice your doubts show that you're reading this and actively try to get rid of the mafia. If you don't think I'm right on this please tell me why because maybe you might be right in thinking I'm wrong. Do everything in your analytical power to get mafia lynched, because that's the only thing we can really do.

Pen

The game is on!
-A third mafia is Pendio. I’ve held to this idea since yesterday, and I read his response to my suspicions but I’m still not buying it. The way in which he tried to lead focus from the mafia to the cult only seems too coincidental to having just been “because everyone else was looking for mafia.” I hold by it, and I’d even be willing to bet he’s either the Godfather or the Roleblocker, which is why he is not one of the people Vergo offered up as lynch targets today. And he is just too damn eager to follow Vergo against Big Octo. Vergo even suggested BOcto was a better lynch because Pendio wanted to lynch him yesterday.

I was not it any way trying to draw attention away from the Mafia. Rather, I was attempting to balance everybody's attention between our two threats since I thought we were focusing too much on the Mafia and too little on the Cult at the time. By your logic everyone who has been looking for Mafia (or who have appeared to be looking for Mafia), should be suspected for being part of the Cult. It is too baseless.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Go_Dark_Link said:
. Like I said yesterday, I think Vergo is a cultist or the cult leader.
So do I too. I mean we can eliminate 3-4 people from this

Pendio (lynched Keith who was a cult member)

@icus (Viral was pressuring her yesterday, unless Viral was recruited on the night he died, I'd like to think that he wouldn't pressure his leader)

Justac00lguy (Well I'm the tracker, so you guys can either trust me or not)

Heroine (same thing as above)

DekuNut (Well he's the Double Voter, so I doubt he'd be the Cult Leader as well)

So that leaves four possible suspects: Ver-go-a-go-go, Thareous, Go_Dark_Link, and Big Octo. I'd like to eliminate Dark Link from this equation purely because he kind of predicted that the CL could have recruited Viral, which wouldn't really make sense to say if he actually was the CL. Unless what he said was a tactical ploy to throw people off, I severely doubt he's 3rd party.

Bit Octo sticks out to me somewhat purely because he has sat on the fence through the majority of the game and let's not forget that he tried to draw attention away from the Keith lynch. Thareous for similar reasons as above, but I just don't think Thar has really helped scum hunt, so that makes really me doubt that he'd support Town. Ver-go-a-go-go is my main hunch (like I said yesterday) just because he tried to stop the Keith lynch and that he still sort of holds a grudge on it. He also seemed to work with Viral quite a lot yesterday, which would make sense considering they trusted each other.

So I'd go with any of the three, but I don't think it really matters, our main goal is to lynch scum at this point.

---

Go_Dark_Link said:
And I’m inclined to believe that either JC, Heroine, or Thareous were recruited last night.
Honestly I wish I was recruited last night as I would be able to reveal the identity of the Cult Leader, which would allow me to confirm more people. However, I wasn't. If someone was though, it would be nice to speak up.

Go_Dark_Link said:
So now basically I do trust JC, Heroine, and DekuNut. I also want to point out, I was reading through the notes I’ve made so far and I think I found that Thar actually softclaimed at one point, and I don’t mean as Axle, I mean his role. It’s here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showth...976#post874976
I don’t know if it’s believable, but I think that’s a redirector softclaim and I thought I should point it out just in case someone else missed it.
Yeah I saw it, but I didn't acknowledge it. Thar has fake claimed in a few games now and it a tactic that I've never understood. If he is telling the truth then of course I'll kick myself, but I just can't trust him given his playstyle in this game.

Go_Dark_Link said:
This is exactly what I started thinking as I read your posts today, seemingly being a knight in shining armor and swooping in to lead the town to victory. And I hope you truly are town, or at least a cult member. But I’m having trouble picturing that now.
Vergo is leaning Town to me, but I don't like the way he tried to open formulate that alliance yesterday - it was like he was appealing to what Town needed to do. I thoroughly agreed with some of his points, but it was as if he basically confirmed himself when we have no reason to trust him. Remember he did try to lynch me the day before. Like I said though, he's leaning Town more than some, but I can't trust him just yet.

I feel as if the two main targets are @icus and Big Octo, we need to weigh up both suspicions and come to a conclusion.

EBWODP

Guys I think we should go back a bit and look at the biggest lead we have. Remember that Alit targeted scum on night he died? We need to figure out who, and see if it relates to any of the main targets today.

Last edited:
Go_Dark_Link said:
So what to do. I want to be able to trust you Vergo, I really really do despite you not trusting me because it would mean the town can win the game right now. And I still feel that you’re probably in the cult. But your posts today have yelled nothing but mafia to me. I really hope I’m wrong, but here’s what I’ve been reading and the theory I’ve come up with which is another alternative to my theory yesterday:]

Hmm, you know, I want to be able to trust you, too. You’re a smart guy, and these really in-depth posts do a good job of conveying that. I still think you’re scum at this moment, but like I said at the beginning of the day – this day isn’t about you, nor should it be about whether or not you’re scum at the moment. I’ll at least attempt to spare you of the snide remarks I’d usually make throughout this response about how certain parts of your post are incredibly scummy, just because we have more sure options right now. There was a typo on my part in my post – I meant to say something to the effect of “I do acknowledge that Go Dark Link could be that single remaining townie”, which means I’m not sold on you yet. I really am sorry my posts scream “nothing but mafia” to you, but as you said yourself, I believe this might be you being a bit paranoid, as I was when I accused JC yesterday. I had convinced myself that I read through the lines, that I had seen something no one else could see, and that I was going to be the one that unraveled it and put an end to a dangerous mafia scheme. I was wrong, and I acknowledge that. I’ve made it to the final days of a game as town a grand total of one time – I hope I can use my behavior there as support for what I’m doing now.

Go_Dark_Link said:
You ask for a lot here, asking for trust with no evidence at all. Maybe on a not-lylo situation I would have an easier time understanding your sudden outburst in the game. But this just seems too convenient. “Guys, I swear I am town (even though I’m not) and I completely trust you (because I know you’re confirmed town and I want to lead you in the wrong direction) so trust me and lets win (and by lets I mean the mafia)!” So you see why I’m having a hard time giving you my trust just like that?]

Oh yeah, I am, I admitted that at the start. It’s probably shaky for the rest of the town to trust pretty much anyone at this point, but how about we reach a compromise here: You seemed convinced that I’m going to bus every single one of my fellow scumbuds, and then use that trust to stab you all in the back, right? Heroine has already claimed today, so unfortunately, I can’t. I can strongly hint at my previous role by saying that I’m incredibly confident in both a Big Octo and an Atticus lynch. I’ll claim tomorrow, give you absolute full details about everything, and then maybe we can reach an understanding. There’s that, but I also have to point out one thing, as it might do me some good – my “outbursts” at the end of a mafia game when I’m alive and when I’m town aren’t anything new. In fact, I first did this– in the first mafia game on this forum . The town’s numbers were down, but we were close to having the rest of the scum cornered. I threw my trust on PJ(Austin) and Keyshe towards the end, and because we rallied, Hanyou, the Godfather, was lynched. One mafia member remained, and Keyshe thought I could be the one because I had “rallied” against the Godfather. She trusted me, we teamed up, and the town barely won the first game.

I actually advise everyone to read through the rest of that game, as the ending was quite spectacular. It’s the reason I’m still playing this internet game, actually.

So your sinking suspicion is something that happens a lot towards the endgame when the rest of the town is super paranoid about everything, granted, as I’m guilty of it myself (like I said above). And if you think I’m that one cunning mafia member going to lynch the entirety of his own for the sake of bolstering his own inflated ego (which I do tend to have on many occasions, how do you think I became a mod?), I’m flattered that you think I’d try to pull that, just as I was flattered when Keyshe accused me of it about four years ago. But as I said above, you don’t have to trust me completely today. Let’s assume you’re completely right; I’m mafia, and I’m leading you on a two-person mafia bus-throw-under. Do you have much to gain at all by not lynching one or the other? Do you really, really want to take that risk, risk the possibility that I’m not mafia once you lynch me, and the game ends right there? If you agree, at least, that Atticus is mafia, why would you not go along with her for today? Again, give me a chance here – I can claim tomorrow, and tell you every single little detail I know. I’m just as happy to lynch Atticus, as I’m almost as confident she’s mafia as Big Octo.

Go_Dark_Link said:
If I go by my gut belief when reading your posts, I am quite sure that there are three mafia names mentioned in there. Yes, just three, Vergo being the fourth. I’ll get to that in a second.

Well, I guess I’ll point you to what I said above. I do think it’s good of you to at least entertain the idea that both Big Octo and Atticus are mafia. But it looks like I’m going to have to play defense here against your new theory. But again, I feel that this statement strengthens the proposition that I made above – Don’t take the risk today that I’m not mafia, and have the game end. And I know what you may be thinking here – “He clearly knows that Big Octo is a townie, so he wants to lynch him to end the game using this one chance!”. Actually, no, I’m not advocating just a Big Octo lynch. I thought it would be easier to agree on due to Pendio wanting to do the same thing in the past. However, I’m just as happy to lynch Atticus. Pick one or the other,I honestly don’t care which one, as I’ll get my chance tomorrow to prove my trustworthiness to all of you. If this is my grand-scheme for a mafia win on this very day, I would have to focus on a single candidate that I know to be town, which I’m not doing. You’re a smart guy; I think you can realize that, if I was mafia, this isn’t the way to try and end the game today.

I do feel kind of like a jerk for pointing this out, but how did your last “hunch” go exactly? You were downright convinced that Fig was the Cult Leader, voted for an extension, and kept your vote on him. Fig was the exact opposite of the Cult Leader, and we functionally lost two townies thanks to efforts that you helped spear-head. Don’t take this the wrong way, but you remind me a lot of myself. You get an idea, you convince yourself it’s correct, and you write long posts to try and reinforce your confidence in said theory and hopefully convince others. Your track record isn’t the best with these kind of theories in this game, and sticking with the status quo of us putting stock into your “hunches” is going to do exactly what has been done in this game up to this point – absolutely nothing.

Go_Dark_Link said:
So again you appeal to the three members that it seems is now common belief must be town, trying to gain their trust. And you offer them two options. The way I see it, this is the perfect move for a mafioso. On one hand, offer up a member of your own mafia group, on the other a townie. If we lynch the townie, it’s done we lose mafia wins. But if we lynch the mafia member, then Vergo now has the trust of the town and can easily lead the town against the other option he offered the next day and still win, because they would still have the members. Lynch a mafia today, three remain, they kill a nonmafia at night, so now there’s seven living people. Mafia still only need one vote to gain majority, like today, so there is absolutely no disadvantage to lynching one of their own. This is what I fear, that mafia really has nothing to lose by lynching their own member, and they would gain everything from it.

You know, the only thing that annoys me about online mafia is how anything, quite literally anything, can be spun as scummy if someone tries hard enough. Hell, some thought Fig was scummy by telling the cop to lay low. Anything can be scummy if you really want it to be, and if you’ve convinced yourself that it’s scummy. Although I’ve already encapsulated the majority of my response in the above two points – again, let’s assume you’re right and I’m just a downright nasty manipulator who wants to win by getting all the town with me and collectively stabbing them all in the back; why would you not give me a chance to prove myself right tomorrow, and what exactly does the town lose by lynching Big Octo or Atticus? By all means, if one of them flips mafia, DON’T trust me just because of that, as it’s obvious that you won’t. You can sling all the mud and suspicions tomorrow at me if you’d like, provided the game isn’t over and I’m still alive. I’ll be able to fully defend myself, and hopefully I can convince you otherwise. I’ll point, once more, to the first mafia game, which will back up my tendency to make these propositions when I put the pieces together and know that the town can win. Did I know for sure that Keyshe and PJ were town? Absolutely not. But we were in a situation so close to this one, that we HAD to take a chance and work together if we wanted to win. I’m emulating this performance, hoping that we can stop what seems like a dominant mafia victory.

Go_Dark_Link said:

Ew, there’s absolutely no way I’d ever be a Knight, they’re just a bunch of inactive elitist who instill pointless hierarchy systems among the rest of us.
/tasteless forum politics joke

I guess there’s not much serious to say about this part, because I’ve already covered all of this above. I only do this kind of thing at the end when I think it’s possible to pull out a close victory. I honestly play mafia on this forum just because of games like this, where everything is down to the wire.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Firstly, YES it is extremely likely a mafia member would attempt a rally like this at the last possible second! You said it yourself, none of them are dead. They have enough power that all they need now is one single vote. Just one town or cult member that they manage to lead into their trap, and they can win the game. What good would it do the mafia? By coming in and offering “salvation” like this, taking control of the situation, they have so many more chances of leading a town member astray. In fact, I would even dare to say that for mafia at this point to not come in and take control would be outright stupid. They have more members than the town alone AND the cult alone. They know town would need to unite with the cult to beat them, but since town has no idea who the cult even is they need only push them in one way or another to cause a mislynch. It’s not rocket science, it’s basic logic!

Let’s look EXACTLY how this game has played out so far – incredibly and just downright dastardly inactivity on the part of all but a select few. The mafia’s strategy, leave us to hunches like YOUR’S that get Lovers lynched, has been incredibly effective up to this point. Just why oh why on earth would that change here at the end when they have the extreme advantage? And why, would they send ME to do this on top of what I accomplished yesterday? You’re ignoring one important fact – I prevented that justac00lguy lynch yesterday. Despite the extension, Thareous had the bright idea of still voting for JC, when he was so very obviously not mafia at that part due to the combination of two claims. Why would I not let JC die, if my grand master plan was to swoop in at this last second and try to manipulate all of you? Why would I advocate, THE ENTIRE TIME, that I thought the Fig lynch was a terrible idea if it was going to be so easy to just let him be lynched (Fig is waaaaaaay easier to convince than JC, at least trust me on that)? I thought both of those choices were terrible, and here’s the difference between what you and I have done in the game so far – I was right, and you were wrong. JC isn’t mafia, and Fig wasn’t mafia. So tell me one thing, exactly – what makes you credible at all? Sorry if this is devolving, but this is true. Your theories, your speculation, and the wild assumptions you’ve made to this point and included in this post do absolutely nothing for you when it comes to any of your theories having water at all. But I digress, I’ve side-tracked. Color me this: Why would I appeal just to these confirmed townies, collectively, in the first place if I had the entirety of the mafia to back me up? Is it really worth appealing to all three of them, and trying to get them to trust each other? If I’m mafia I WANT them all confused, and I’d use just a few of them coupled with my own mafia votes to get my dirty work done. These scenarios that you’re playing through your head trying to justify truly do depend on far, far more things falling into place that just aren’t happening as opposed to my simple, simple suggestion that we team up and lynch Atticus or Big Octo. Again, call me a liar to my face tomorrow, and don’t trust me at all. But don’t try to rationalize these wild ideas when the alternative is something simple that’s far less risky. It’s basic logic.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Except we don’t only lose if the mafia confuses us and divides us.

You most certainly lose, 100%. Again, just look at this game; we’ve all blundered about with pointless lynches with no backbone to them, being left to our own, DIVIDED devices in hope that one of us just randomly stumbles across a lucky break and something happens. News flash: That hasn’t worked. At all. You’re advocating the status quo where we punish the people attempting to salvage this game, where we lynch someone based on being “too townie” with stretches in logic that could feasibly only happen in one’s imagination. Your ideas and theories haven’t worked, GDL, and your individualistic approach to how we should attempt to salvage this game points to either an extremely paranoid townie, or a very, very skilled mafia player (I still think you’re the latter).

Go_Dark_Link said:
I’m thinking Vergo’s trying to subconsciously introduce the idea that we should lynch Big Octo rather than Atticus, because Atty is the mafia and Big Octo is town/cult. But that’s just my guess.

No, not at all. I, personally, am nearly positive of Big Octo’s scummy-ness, but if you think Atticus is a better choice, let’s do that instead. I’m not trying to “sub-consciously” imply anything to you or others in a wild attempt to end this game right here and now. My fault with Big Octo is that 1.) I have reason to strongly believe he’s mafia, moreso than Atticus, and 2.) It seemed at the beginning of this day we could all reach a satisfying conclusion with Big Octo as opposed to Atticus. But if lynching Atticus instead with give you some sort of peace of mind, let’s do that instead. When I’m either night-killed or able to claim, you’ll understand that they’re both mafia and they should both be lynched.

Go_Dark_Link said:
You have a better chance of winning by trust us?

DekuNut said he wasn’t sure about any of us, as backed up by his vote staying on JC yesterday. You and I both know Deku decides this game, and we both know that whoever convinces him today wins. I need him to trust in others. Why else would I work so hard to get JC and Heroine in the safe light?

Go_Dark_Link said:
I would’ve thought by this you meant JC, Heroine, and you, but considering JC and Heroine haven’t openly stated whether they trust you or not… could you mean by trusting /you/, the mafia?
This is where I absolutely start to think that you have anti-town intentions in mind. JC and Heroine have BOTH said they’re erring on the side of me not being mafia, same as you, actually. You seem to be grasping at extreme straws here, when there’s a perfectly logical reason for me to attempt to get Deku, JC, and Heroine to all trust each other as, again, opposed to your view that we should all do our own thing and hope for the best because we can’t POSSIBLY trust someone in a do-or-die situation.

Go_Dark_Link said:
No, we have absolutely no chance of winning by voting by ourselves. But if you truly are supporting the town, Vergo, then you have to let us discuss all possibilities, and yes form an alliance of trust among each other to win, but not just lead us into what may very well be a trap. I might be one of your suspected mafia, but like I said I really want to believe you are not lying.
This is preposterous. I’ve left the door open to several theories, including yours above when I was humoring you for the sake of not brushing you off. I have never, ever said that must follow a single action or accept a single theory that isn’t likely; as I said above, please, lynch either Big Octo or Atticus, I honestly have no real reason for wanting one or the other dead before the other. Make your choice, make your own decision. I’m “truly supporting the town” by doing the last thing we can do at this point – working together and having to go out on a limb and trust others. Your alternative, apparently because of the quote below, is to lynch me based on a hypothetical situation you’ve formulated in your head dealing with me manipulating all of you. If you don’t take anything else away from this response, please take this – let me either claim, or let me be night killed. Lynching me seals the town’s fate.

Go_Dark_Link said:
That and the fact that it is lylo and a vote would be taken advantage of at this point is the only reason why I’m not voting you.

Exactly what I expected, to be honest. I don’t have much more to say in response to this. If I’m not lynched today, I die during the night, and this game isn’t over, I hope this acts as your final indictment.

Go_Dark_Link said:
So to the other townies I say slow down, stop and breathe. Take everything into account before you make a move. I am thinking very hard on this. If you want to know who I think is the best candidate for a lynch (apart from Vergo) it’s Pendio. But I’m not sure if anyone thinks my suspicions are valid. Everything I’ve said in this post might be considered paranoia, I guess, but we’re on the verge of losing. And when that happens I tend to be as cautious as possible. And for me right now that means not being able to trust Vergo.

Absolutely no one, I repeat, NO ONE, is trying to hurry up and speed lynch anyone, so I have no idea where this is coming from. If I wanted this to be fast and quick, I would’ve voted as soon as I thought JC and Heroine thought me to more likely than not be town. The fact that you think Pendio or me are the best lynch candidates, not giving a thought at all to Big Octo or Atticus, furthers the notion that you clearly don’t like what’s going on here, and you’re desperately trying to change course. Which is what the mafia wants right now for sure.

I don’t trust you in the slightest, because you’re a brand new player who’s obviously very intelligent and knows what he’s doing. I’ll reiterate once more – If you’re town, please, don’t take the risk of lynching me today. Make a much safer lynch that nearly everyone agrees on, and let me better prove myself either tonight or tomorrow.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I do acknowledge, Vergo, that I might be being too rash into thinking this. And yes, I know my theories come up as extreme, but they weren't entirely wrong yesterday. I know I was very wrong on Fig, but that came off largely because I, as others did too, thought he had claimed vengeful townie, not lover. But Viral really had been turned into a cultist. And now more than ever, I think that you may really be the cult leader.

But as you said yourself, I believe this might be you being a bit paranoid, as I was when I accused JC yesterday. I had convinced myself that I read through the lines, that I had seen something no one else could see, and that I was going to be the one that unraveled it and put an end to a dangerous mafia scheme. I was wrong, and I acknowledge that. I’ve made it to the final days of a game as town a grand total of one time – I hope I can use my behavior there as support for what I’m doing now.
Yes, I may very well be paranoid. Something tells me not entirely, though, as I think some of the things I said do make sense, even rereading them again now. But yes I'm not entirely sold on my own theory yet.

Oh yeah, I am, I admitted that at the start. It’s probably shaky for the rest of the town to trust pretty much anyone at this point, but how about we reach a compromise here: You seemed convinced that I’m going to bus every single one of my fellow scumbuds, and then use that trust to stab you all in the back, right?
Not exactly. I said you were risking throwing one of your fellow mafia under the bus by offering them up as one of the lynch options. You probably mentioned the other mafia in your post as well. But the thing would be that if the town lynched that mafia member today, and then the other option tomorrow which was town or cult, the mafia would win without any other losses. So you're really only sacrificing one of your fellow mods for a win, not all of them. That's why I tried to suggest another approach, which was lynching one of the other people that you think might be mafia, that I think might be mafia, and if they get lynched and truly are mafia then we go for one of your options. And that way we don't risk the chance of lynching the option you present that is actually town and losing. Sort of an insurance.
Again, I'm not saying we absolutely have to do this and trying to make the other townies do this as well, this is just what I thought would be a safer and logical course of action.

I can strongly hint at my previous role by saying that I’m incredibly confident in both a Big Octo and an Atticus lynch. I’ll claim tomorrow, give you absolute full details about everything, and then maybe we can reach an understanding.
Previous role? So you're a cultist now? I know you can't claim today, but I guess that would make sense with what you're saying.

So your sinking suspicion is something that happens a lot towards the endgame when the rest of the town is super paranoid about everything, granted, as I’m guilty of it myself (like I said above). And if you think I’m that one cunning mafia member going to lynch the entirety of his own for the sake of bolstering his own inflated ego (which I do tend to have on many occasions, how do you think I became a mod?), I’m flattered that you think I’d try to pull that, just as I was flattered when Keyshe accused me of it about four years ago.
Again, as above, I'm not saying you want to lynch all of your mafia friends. But regardless, I'm listening.

But as I said above, you don’t have to trust me completely today. Let’s assume you’re completely right; I’m mafia, and I’m leading you on a two-person mafia bus-throw-under. Do you have much to gain at all by not lynching one or the other? Do you really, really want to take that risk, risk the possibility that I’m not mafia once you lynch me, and the game ends right there? If you agree, at least, that Atticus is mafia, why would you not go along with her for today? Again, give me a chance here – I can claim tomorrow, and tell you every single little detail I know. I’m just as happy to lynch Atticus, as I’m almost as confident she’s mafia as Big Octo.
The thing is in my post I said how I thought one person of the two was mafia and the other wasn't. That's what worries me, that we could choose the wrong one and lose. I'm not saying I wouldn't agree to go for one or the other, I just wanted to make sure that the other townmembers understood that if my theory were to be right, and we chose the wrong person to lynch, it might all be lost. Thus leading to what seemed like a good plan in my head. Though I can see you don't think it is a good plan, but I thought it'd be better to get it out here rather than keep it to myself.

Well, I guess I’ll point you to what I said above. I do think it’s good of you to at least entertain the idea that both Big Octo and Atticus are mafia. But it looks like I’m going to have to play defense here against your new theory. But again, I feel that this statement strengthens the proposition that I made above – Don’t take the risk today that I’m not mafia, and have the game end. And I know what you may be thinking here – “He clearly knows that Big Octo is a townie, so he wants to lynch him to end the game using this one chance!”. Actually, no, I’m not advocating just a Big Octo lynch. I thought it would be easier to agree on due to Pendio wanting to do the same thing in the past. However, I’m just as happy to lynch Atticus. Pick one or the other,I honestly don’t care which one, as I’ll get my chance tomorrow to prove my trustworthiness to all of you. If this is my grand-scheme for a mafia win on this very day, I would have to focus on a single candidate that I know to be town, which I’m not doing. You’re a smart guy; I think you can realize that, if I was mafia, this isn’t the way to try and end the game today.
I don't think we should risk you not being mafia either. At this point, I think you probably aren't, but I'm not suggesting we go for you. And I know you're not advocating a Big Octo lynch, I only said it seemed like you were suggesting it more. And I know you'd be fine if we picked either one, because if it turned out as I see it one would get you an automatic win, the other would get you enough trust that you could win tomorrow. That's what you're saying in the bolded line, that you'll have our trust tomorrow. It could be a good thing, as you may not be mafia, but it could also be leading us down a sour path.

I do feel kind of like a jerk for pointing this out, but how did your last “hunch” go exactly? You were downright convinced that Fig was the Cult Leader, voted for an extension, and kept your vote on him. Fig was the exact opposite of the Cult Leader, and we functionally lost two townies thanks to efforts that you helped spear-head. Don’t take this the wrong way, but you remind me a lot of myself. You get an idea, you convince yourself it’s correct, and you write long posts to try and reinforce your confidence in said theory and hopefully convince others. Your track record isn’t the best with these kind of theories in this game, and sticking with the status quo of us putting stock into your “hunches” is going to do exactly what has been done in this game up to this point – absolutely nothing.
I acknowledged I was wrong at the beginning of this post. And I wouldn't say I spear-headed the efforts on him, after all there was scarcely even votes after that, and in the end it was left to chance that he be lynched. All I did was have a "hunch" as you say, and follow it. My track record may not be the best, but it's not any worse than anyone else's in the game. You follow theories you come up with, and in the end they're either wrong or right, that's why they're theories. I understand you not wanting to trust my theories, hell I'm not sure I fully trust myself anymore. But I also don't want to just disregard a suspicion that keeps poking at my head.

Although I’ve already encapsulated the majority of my response in the above two points – again, let’s assume you’re right and I’m just a downright nasty manipulator who wants to win by getting all the town with me and collectively stabbing them all in the back; why would you not give me a chance to prove myself right tomorrow, and what exactly does the town lose by lynching Big Octo or Atticus? By all means, if one of them flips mafia, DON’T trust me just because of that, as it’s obvious that you won’t. You can sling all the mud and suspicions tomorrow at me if you’d like, provided the game isn’t over and I’m still alive. I’ll be able to fully defend myself, and hopefully I can convince you otherwise.
I already mentioned above what I fear, and note I say fear not know as I may be completely wrong, the town loses if they lynch the wrong one out of those two. And if we lynch the option that is mafia yes I'm not just gonna trust you like that. But if we lynch the wrong one (granted that there really be a wrong one) then we won't get a chance to either trust you or not. It'll be Game Over.

Despite the extension, Thareous had the bright idea of still voting for JC, when he was so very obviously not mafia at that part due to the combination of two claims. Why would I not let JC die, if my grand master plan was to swoop in at this last second and try to manipulate all of you? Why would I advocate, THE ENTIRE TIME, that I thought the Fig lynch was a terrible idea if it was going to be so easy to just let him be lynched (Fig is waaaaaaay easier to convince than JC, at least trust me on that)?
Granted, at that point they weren't two claims. There was a claim, and a hint from Heroine that she had a role of her own to prove that claim. But it was hard to know if she was lying or not without a full claim, as nothing is confirmed. And I'll answer your question in purely hypotheticals. I'm not saying it happened, I don't think it happened. But if the mafia role cop investigated Fig earlier, they would have known they could get two members dead with lynching Fig instead of JC. That's why you would try to stop JC from dying. You didn't need to advocate for a Fig lynch either, only need to balance out the votes so that either JC or Fig would be killed, both of which were town. Like others, like Deku, said they did, you were leaving it up to chance which one was lynched. Which would explain why you were so adamant about Thareous removing his vote as he was upsetting the balance to the votes. It was in your better interest to lynch Fig, and if JC had more votes then there would be no chance of that happening. Going "against" the Fig lynch the entire time was a great way to build up a defense when he flipped town and use it, like you are now.
Again, this is probably another hypothetical of one of my "outrageous" theories. But I think it illustrates what you could've been trying to do were you mafia.

I thought both of those choices were terrible, and here’s the difference between what you and I have done in the game so far – I was right, and you were wrong. JC isn’t mafia, and Fig wasn’t mafia. So tell me one thing, exactly – what makes you credible at all? Sorry if this is devolving, but this is true. Your theories, your speculation, and the wild assumptions you’ve made to this point and included in this post do absolutely nothing for you when it comes to any of your theories having water at all.
You say you were right about JC not being mafia, but that is not at all what you were thinking early into the day yesterday. You thought he /was/ mafia until more evidence arose (Heroine) and then you changed your view on him. Your theory wasn't right, it was proved wrong so you changed your perspective on matters. My theory wasn't proved wrong until it was actually proved wrong and Fig died as a townie, at which point I obviously changed my views on things like you have. But it was also right, as proved by the death of Viral. I'm not saying this proves my theories have any sort of confirmation to them right now, but no theory has confirmation until there is evidence for it. So you weren't right and I was wrong, we were both wrong on parts. We could both be wrong right now for all we know. And we won't know until there is evidence saying otherwise.

These scenarios that you’re playing through your head trying to justify truly do depend on far, far more things falling into place that just aren’t happening as opposed to my simple, simple suggestion that we team up and lynch Atticus or Big Octo. Again, call me a liar to my face tomorrow, and don’t trust me at all. But don’t try to rationalize these wild ideas when the alternative is something simple that’s far less risky. It’s basic logic.
I actually think my "wild" ideas are as simple as what you suggest. You suggest the two you have proposed are mafia. We lynch one today, they turn out to be mafia, and we lynch one tomorrow because you were right. I suggest that if we lynch one today, they turn out to be mafia, and then we lynch one tomorrow because you were right they turn out to be town. It's the same idea, except you are going with both of those people being mafia, while I think one might be mafia and one might be town. And it's extremely risky going your way as well, as we risk you lying to us and getting us to lynch town.

You’re advocating the status quo where we punish the people attempting to salvage this game, where we lynch someone based on being “too townie” with stretches in logic that could feasibly only happen in one’s imagination. Your ideas and theories haven’t worked, GDL, and your individualistic approach to how we should attempt to salvage this game points to either an extremely paranoid townie, or a very, very skilled mafia player (I still think you’re the latter).
How exactly am I saying we punish the people attempting to salvage this game or lynch someone on being too townie? My ideas an theories haven't worked entirely, but I've never said we try an individualistic approach at all. I agree with you, we need to put some trust in each other. I'm just worried that you're asking for too much without any reason for us to give it yet.

No, not at all. I, personally, am nearly positive of Big Octo’s scummy-ness, but if you think Atticus is a better choice, let’s do that instead. I’m not trying to “sub-consciously” imply anything to you or others in a wild attempt to end this game right here and now. My fault with Big Octo is that 1.) I have reason to strongly believe he’s mafia, moreso than Atticus, and 2.) It seemed at the beginning of this day we could all reach a satisfying conclusion with Big Octo as opposed to Atticus. But if lynching Atticus instead with give you some sort of peace of mind, let’s do that instead. When I’m either night-killed or able to claim, you’ll understand that they’re both mafia and they should both be lynched.
I just want to know that, if you have a role that will prove both of them as mafia, why are you more sure Big Octo is one than Atticus? I'm not trying to say Atticus is a better choice. Like I said, it's 50-50. Nothing we do right now will give me peace of mind as any wrong move will lead to our demise. But if the other town members decide to go with Big Octo I will put my faith in their hands. Same thing if they were to decide to go with Atticus. Like I said, I'm almost sure one of them must be mafia, but I don't know if the town is willing to take the risk of tossing a coin between the two. That's why I mentioned an alternate approach at the events of the following days.

This is where I absolutely start to think that you have anti-town intentions in mind. JC and Heroine have BOTH said they’re erring on the side of me not being mafia, same as you, actually. You seem to be grasping at extreme straws here, when there’s a perfectly logical reason for me to attempt to get Deku, JC, and Heroine to all trust each other as, again, opposed to your view that we should all do our own thing and hope for the best because we can’t POSSIBLY trust someone in a do-or-die situation.
Again, I NEVER said we should all try to do our own things. Don't try to twist my words. I said we need to put enough trust in each other to win, but if the town simply gives all their trust to the wrong person with no reason as to why they should, then we will most likely lose. We need to come to a decision together, that's what I said.

This is preposterous. I’ve left the door open to several theories, including yours above when I was humoring you for the sake of not brushing you off. I have never, ever said that must follow a single action or accept a single theory that isn’t likely; as I said above, please, lynch either Big Octo or Atticus, I honestly have no real reason for wanting one or the other dead before the other. Make your choice, make your own decision. I’m “truly supporting the town” by doing the last thing we can do at this point – working together and having to go out on a limb and trust others. Your alternative, apparently because of the quote below, is to lynch me based on a hypothetical situation you’ve formulated in your head dealing with me manipulating all of you. If you don’t take anything else away from this response, please take this – let me either claim, or let me be night killed. Lynching me seals the town’s fate.
No, no, no my alternative was never to lynch you, because I still feel like there's some evidence you're probably a cult member. I think lynching you would definitely be a wrong move. But just because lynching you isn't right doesn't make it so that not lynching either Big Octo or Atticus automatically is wrong.

Absolutely no one, I repeat, NO ONE, is trying to hurry up and speed lynch anyone, so I have no idea where this is coming from. If I wanted this to be fast and quick, I would’ve voted as soon as I thought JC and Heroine thought me to more likely than not be town. The fact that you think Pendio or me are the best lynch candidates, not giving a thought at all to Big Octo or Atticus, furthers the notion that you clearly don’t like what’s going on here, and you’re desperately trying to change course. Which is what the mafia wants right now for sure.

I don’t trust you in the slightest, because you’re a brand new player who’s obviously very intelligent and knows what he’s doing. I’ll reiterate once more – If you’re town, please, don’t take the risk of lynching me today. Make a much safer lynch that nearly everyone agrees on, and let me better prove myself either tonight or tomorrow.
I didn't say someone was trying to hurry up and speed lynch anyone. Though your very quick actions to call on everyone to blindly trust you could be seen as trying to be fast and quick, that's not what I meant by saying that. I was simply advising everyone that if someone tried to pressure them to lynch, they shouldn't let them. We all have to think very hard on what we're going to do right now. That's all I was saying.

Now, I'm really hoping you were simply misreading the several parts and ideas I presented in my post and not only trying to put words in my mouth and twist them. I think I've said everything that's on my mind in response to you. I really do think, now more than ever, that you're either the cult leader or were recently turned cultist. I don't think we should lynch you. I think we should lynch one of the people we all think may be mafia. Whether that be one of the choices you presented and are blindly asking us to trust, or someone else is what town needs to decide. And if we do decide on those two choices, then we have to think long and hard on which one is the best candidate, because if my "wild and outrageous" theories turn out to be at least partially correct, like yesterday, and the 50-50 chances don't favor us then we've already lost.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Whoh... long posts o.0
1) no worries. I'm not cult (not like it's a huge problem right now). I won't prove myself yet though. You know why.
2) I read all through it all, and I think I'll accept the offer of a tentative alliance for today. Heroine helped me trust JC, and his arguments provided enough trust in Ver. GDL? You're not helping your case much. Octo? It looks like you're on the spot now. What do you have to say?

Ebwodp: just Ninja'd by GDL. I read you're post, and I see your point of view now. The reason I put my agreement on Ver's side is because he seems culty. I don't trust him much, and I'm far from trusting him in a few days, but for now he seems credible.

Last edited:
Go_Dark_Link said:
I do acknowledge, Vergo, that I might be being too rash into thinking this. And yes, I know my theories come up as extreme, but they weren't entirely wrong yesterday. I know I was very wrong on Fig, but that came off largely because I, as others did too, thought he had claimed vengeful townie, not lover. But Viral really had been turned into a cultist. And now more than ever, I think that you may really be the cult leader.

I acknowledge, as well, that I may have been too harsh in my response, although I do feel as if we understand each other better now. I do grant you that you weren’t completely wrong yesterday, although, in fairness, when Draco or PK didn’t step in to confirm Viral it seemed quite obvious that he had been recruited, be it the night before that specific day or some other night. The Fig prediction carried much, much more weight with it, which is why I feel that the results of Fig’s death have much more merit to them than the outcome with Viral’s fate.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Not exactly. I said you were risking throwing one of your fellow mafia under the bus by offering them up as one of the lynch options. You probably mentioned the other mafia in your post as well. But the thing would be that if the town lynched that mafia member today, and then the other option tomorrow which was town or cult, the mafia would win without any other losses. So you're really only sacrificing one of your fellow mods for a win, not all of them. That's why I tried to suggest another approach, which was lynching one of the other people that you think might be mafia, that I think might be mafia, and if they get lynched and truly are mafia then we go for one of your options. And that way we don't risk the chance of lynching the option you present that is actually town and losing. Sort of an insurance.

It would be a clever scheme for sure, if I wasn’t able to convince you with flat-out evidence tomorrow that both of them are mafia, which is what I’ll hopefully be able to do (if I’m nightkilled, the mafia will have acknowledged that I was right on a majority of things – this almost seems like a win-win at the moment). If I had no method of proving anything to you tomorrow, I could see how this theory is plausible; however, given that I’ve already presented an option that would nullify that risk, I think this is our best course of action. Pick which one you want to lynch, I care not at the moment, as I have no clue what any of the mafia’s power-roles may be, and I have no idea as to who to prioritize. As I’ve said multiple times, although I’m confident they’re both scum, I’m a tad more confident that Big Octo is based on information I’ve been given. I think it’s reliable to say that it isn’t fake or contaminated.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Again, as above, I'm not saying you want to lynch all of your mafia friends. But regardless, I'm listening.

As I’ve said since the beginning, I need only one chance. In life or death, I’ll be able to prove all of this, be it during the night or during tomorrow.

Go_Dark_Link said:
The thing is in my post I said how I thought one person of the two was mafia and the other wasn't. That's what worries me, that we could choose the wrong one and lose. I'm not saying I wouldn't agree to go for one or the other, I just wanted to make sure that the other townmembers understood that if my theory were to be right, and we chose the wrong person to lynch, it might all be lost. Thus leading to what seemed like a good plan in my head. Though I can see you don't think it is a good plan, but I thought it'd be better to get it out here rather than keep it to myself.

I think it’s a given that, if we screw up one time, it’s game over. That’s why we should all try to reach on consensus. I’m nearly positive that Big Octo is mafia; however, if you don’t agree, and think it’ll lead to our early demise, I think Atticus is just as good of an option, as many others seem to think. Time is needed to determine whether or not Pendio is town, and I don’t have a sure-fire answer for that yet. Until then, we should focus on those that I feel are much, much more likely to scum than Pendio, or even Thareous (he’s kind of in the same boat as Pendio).

Go_Dark_Link said:
I don't think we should risk you not being mafia either. At this point, I think you probably aren't, but I'm not suggesting we go for you. And I know you're not advocating a Big Octo lynch, I only said it seemed like you were suggesting it more. And I know you'd be fine if we picked either one, because if it turned out as I see it one would get you an automatic win, the other would get you enough trust that you could win tomorrow. That's what you're saying in the bolded line, that you'll have our trust tomorrow. It could be a good thing, as you may not be mafia, but it could also be leading us down a sour path.

The one part of your original response that really set me off was this:

That and the fact that it is lylo and a vote would be taken advantage of at this point is the only reason why I’m not voting you.

This seemed like a very clear indicator to me that you really, really wanted to vote for me. As much as I love multi-paragraph responses with arguments built all into them, that’s what set the red warning light off in my head and motivated my response. As long as you agree that I’m not a good lynch candidate for today, and that it’s probably a good idea for us to somewhat cooperate, I’m willing to work with you for now until we’re under better circumstances that we can trust each other in. I can nearly guarantee, about 99%, that a Big Octo lynch will let us live another day. But I’m perfectly fine with Atticus as well, as I feel like the chances are more around 80% or so. I just can’t say the same about Pendio or Thareous – it’s 50/50, and I can’t guarantee our survival if we choose one of them, because I’m just not as confident at this time.

Go_Dark_Link said:
I acknowledged I was wrong at the beginning of this post. And I wouldn't say I spear-headed the efforts on him, after all there was scarcely even votes after that, and in the end it was left to chance that he be lynched. All I did was have a "hunch" as you say, and follow it. My track record may not be the best, but it's not any worse than anyone else's in the game. You follow theories you come up with, and in the end they're either wrong or right, that's why they're theories. I understand you not wanting to trust my theories, hell I'm not sure I fully trust myself anymore. But I also don't want to just disregard a suspicion that keeps poking at my head.

Yeah, all your thoughts are warranted, at the very least. The Lover situation is indeed behind us, and unless things really come down to the wire, I don’t really see a good reason to try and drag you down. I’ve had several theories that didn’t work out as well, so I can somewhat sympathize.

Go_Dark_Link said:
I already mentioned above what I fear, and note I say fear not know as I may be completely wrong, the town loses if they lynch the wrong one out of those two. And if we lynch the option that is mafia yes I'm not just gonna trust you like that. But if we lynch the wrong one (granted that there really be a wrong one) then we won't get a chance to either trust you or not. It'll be Game Over.

I guess all you have at this point is this: My insistence that Big Octo and Atticus are mafia against your personal suspicions against others such as myself or Pendio that may or may not have any “evidence” in their favor. “Trust me” is a weak argument, but I feel as if we can bring logic into this: What I gathered from Heroine and JC is that they too thought it was perfectly possible for Atticus to be mafia. Don’t take my word for it, but rather the analysis that those two have to offer. I’ll support the lynch of Atticus, and, tomorrow, if I’m alive, I can hopefully convince you once and for all why I’m trustworthy and why Big Octo is scum.

This seems like an incredibly safe course of action for now.

Go_Dark_Link said:
I actually think my "wild" ideas are as simple as what you suggest. You suggest the two you have proposed are mafia. We lynch one today, they turn out to be mafia, and we lynch one tomorrow because you were right. I suggest that if we lynch one today, they turn out to be mafia, and then we lynch one tomorrow because you were right they turn out to be town. It's the same idea, except you are going with both of those people being mafia, while I think one might be mafia and one might be town. And it's extremely risky going your way as well, as we risk you lying to us and getting us to lynch town.

Again, I suggest we lynch the one you think to be mafia then – as I’m quite confident they both are, I have no reason to oppose you for it. If you’re confident that one of them is indeed scum, there’s quite literally nothing to lose. I can follow your lead on this one as long as you stick to those two people.

Go_Dark_Link said:
How exactly am I saying we punish the people attempting to salvage this game or lynch someone on being too townie? My ideas an theories haven't worked entirely, but I've never said we try an
individualistic approach at all. I agree with you, we need to put some trust in each other. I'm just worried that you're asking for too much without any reason for us to give it yet.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Again, I NEVER said we should all try to do our own things. Don't try to twist my words. I said we need to put enough trust in each other to win, but if the town simply gives all their trust to the wrong person with no reason as to why they should, then we will most likely lose. We need to come to a decision together, that's what I said.

As I said above, the quote I included in this response troubled me greatly, as you implied you thought I was the lynch candidate for today. This immediately made me think you directly opposed the suggestion of us working together, attempting to forge your own unilateral path. If that wasn’t your intention, I apologize, but if that was your original intent, I have to point out that your choice of words was somewhat poor. Please believe me when I say that, over the many arguments and debates I’ve had on this forum, I've never attempt to “twist words” or “put them in someone’s mouth”. If my interpretation was off, again, I apologize, but your quote left much to be desired, and was very much open for misinterpretation in the first place due to its wording.

Go_Dark_Link said:
I just want to know that, if you have a role that will prove both of them as mafia, why are you more sure Big Octo is one than Atticus? I'm not trying to say Atticus is a better choice. Like I said, it's 50-50. Nothing we do right now will give me peace of mind as any wrong move will lead to our demise. But if the other town members decide to go with Big Octo I will put my faith in their hands. Same thing if they were to decide to go with Atticus. Like I said, I'm almost sure one of them must be mafia, but I don't know if the town is willing to take the risk of tossing a coin between the two. That's why I mentioned an alternate approach at the events of the following days.

If trust in myself is an issue, don’t do anything on my behalf then. I welcome the conversation amongst the rest of you as to who you think is more likely to be scum, and I’ll support and conclusion that you arrive at. My basis for believing Atticus is scum isn’t rooted in anything special about me – rather, it’s concurring with the rest of the players in activity coupled with the fact that I think the process of elimination in concurrence with those suspicions draw that conclusion. I would, myself, feel a bit more secure in a Big Octo lynch. But I’m just one man, and just one vote – like I said at the beginning of all this, we must work together.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Now, I'm really hoping you were simply misreading the several parts and ideas I presented in my post and not only trying to put words in my mouth and twist them. I think I've said everything that's on my mind in response to you. I really do think, now more than ever, that you're either the cult leader or were recently turned cultist. I don't think we should lynch you. I think we should lynch one of the people we all think may be mafia. Whether that be one of the choices you presented and are blindly asking us to trust, or someone else is what town needs to decide. And if we do decide on those two choices, then we have to think long and hard on which one is the best candidate, because if my "wild and outrageous" theories turn out to be at least partially correct, like yesterday, and the 50-50 chances don't favor us then we've already lost.

I believe we’ve reached an understanding, regardless of misreading or misinterpretations on both our parts. I know this lylow situation without a single dead scum doesn’t look pretty from the perspective of a townie that has quite literally no idea where many other people stand with their allegiances. I’m not opposing you thinking “long and hard”, and I actually embrace it as long as I can identify with your thought process and it matches up to the lines in the sand that I’ve drawn in my head.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've briefly read through the discussion between Dark Link and Vergo and honestly I think it's slight trust issues between the two. Both are on the same wave length it's just that they don't know whether to trust each other; it seems like two paranoid Townies to me.

I think we all mutually agree that @icus and Big Octo are going to be lynched now, it's just who? I honestly don't know how they could persuade us against that, plus they can't role claim/fake claim. I'm having a hard time choosing between them, but I'll try to come up with something later.

Big Octo

=^)
Octo? It looks like you're on the spot now. What do you have to say?

Well, depends if the mutual lynch agreement between GDL and Vergo is me or Att. Vergo seems to be pushing the letter about him having evidence against me, though it's unconfirmed, which is why he's asking for your trust. I can defend all I want, Vergo will just bring up his alleged evidence. My real concern is your trust in him. I think you should wait while GDL and Vergo discuss who they can agree on to lynch. If it ends up being me anyways, well, looks like I'm done in. If it's Att, I'm actually willing to join a lynch on her. If it's someone else entirely (doubtful), then we'll have to wait and see.

As for the alignment of GDL and Vergo, they could be one cult, one mafia, maybe town and cult, or town and mafia, or hyper paranoid town-town. They seem to have a similar mindset, but it's difficult what to make of them. Vergo could easily be trying to sway town to a mafia victory, or GDL could be mafia trying to achieve victory today.

Pen

The game is on!
Now I feel even more confident about Bocto's guiltiness than I did when I voted for him yesterday. If today was not LyLo I would place a vote on him right now. However, as I have mentioned before, I am also fine with lynching Atticus.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I acknowledge, as well, that I may have been too harsh in my response, although I do feel as if we understand each other better now. I do grant you that you weren’t completely wrong yesterday, although, in fairness, when Draco or PK didn’t step in to confirm Viral it seemed quite obvious that he had been recruited, be it the night before that specific day or some other night. The Fig prediction carried much, much more weight with it, which is why I feel that the results of Fig’s death have much more merit to them than the outcome with Viral’s fate.

It would be a clever scheme for sure, if I wasn’t able to convince you with flat-out evidence tomorrow that both of them are mafia, which is what I’ll hopefully be able to do (if I’m nightkilled, the mafia will have acknowledged that I was right on a majority of things – this almost seems like a win-win at the moment). If I had no method of proving anything to you tomorrow, I could see how this theory is plausible; however, given that I’ve already presented an option that would nullify that risk, I think this is our best course of action. Pick which one you want to lynch, I care not at the moment, as I have no clue what any of the mafia’s power-roles may be, and I have no idea as to who to prioritize. As I’ve said multiple times, although I’m confident they’re both scum, I’m a tad more confident that Big Octo is based on information I’ve been given. I think it’s reliable to say that it isn’t fake or contaminated.

As I’ve said since the beginning, I need only one chance. In life or death, I’ll be able to prove all of this, be it during the night or during tomorrow.

I think it’s a given that, if we screw up one time, it’s game over. That’s why we should all try to reach on consensus. I’m nearly positive that Big Octo is mafia; however, if you don’t agree, and think it’ll lead to our early demise, I think Atticus is just as good of an option, as many others seem to think. Time is needed to determine whether or not Pendio is town, and I don’t have a sure-fire answer for that yet. Until then, we should focus on those that I feel are much, much more likely to scum than Pendio, or even Thareous (he’s kind of in the same boat as Pendio).

I understand what Vergo's said, and I've been thinking a lot about how to go about this. However, I now feel more confident that what I felt most suspicious of earlier was simply the way his posts were worded, and I'm willing to go back to the suspicion as I see how I might have worded some things in a wrong way as well. So yes, my suspicion, with which I started the day with, which is that you're the cult leader, as I have more evidence of that from what I've watched happened during the night. That's cult leader rather than mafia which is a suspicion I've come to only today. So I'm willing to go with you on this, albeit cautiously, and give you a chance to prove yourself tomorrow. Regardless, I still think it'd be a better option to go Atticus. I don't have any evidence on either Atticus or BOcto, except for that which you are providing which is why I'm still a bit iffy on going for the latter. But I admit it makes perfect sense to think they could both be mafia. So now I guess this falls on the hands of Heroine, JC, and DekuNut. My honest opinion is Atticus today, and if Vergo provides what evidence he says he can tomorrow, then BOcto. If you guys want to go the other way, I put my life in your hands.

I still think Pendio is mafia as well, and maybe Thareous too. However, I won't push for that today, as I can't present my evidence yet. But I'll try to keep an eye on them and hopefully tomorrow, with Vergo's supposed information, we can consolidate this into a set of lynching mafia for the next three days and winning the game.

And Heroine if you've used the most cunning lie I've seen and you and JC are mafia I will slap myself repeatedly and not forgive myself or you ever :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom