• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
y'all shoulda seen my face when vergo was like

"bo and atikus are s00000 INACTIVE THey are lying low"

and i'm sitting here like

WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU FOR THE PAST FOUR DAYS

even if it was process of elimination, your reasons were still iffy. no wonder my questions were either not answered or vaguely answered. the only evidence you had was that you figured i was scum :P

regardless this was still a boss *** game, y'all played well :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

even if it was process of elimination, your reasons were still iffy. no wonder my questions were either not answered or vaguely answered. the only evidence you had was that you figured i was scum :P

regardless this was still a boss *** game, y'all played well :)
If you look back at Day Four though, after the extension, we had suspicions on you and Bo, it's just that no one cooperated on that day, so we ended up mislynching. It was building up I guess.

Atticus said:

even if it was process of elimination, your reasons were still iffy. no wonder my questions were either not answered or vaguely answered. the only evidence you had was that you figured i was scum

regardless this was still a boss *** game, y'all played well

Main difference is that I actually had things to use in my defense when it came down to the wire, specifically the Fig vs justac00lguy lynch. Inactivity meant you and Big Octo had no "evidence" against you, but you also had nothing to your defense other than "lol u can't proove anything trololol". After claims had been made, and you two quite literally had nothing else to say, it seemed pretty obvious. This is why Thareous and GDL were a bit harder to nail, they just did more to help their case in the game than you two did.

justacoolguy said:
Vergo I have to ask, what was your strategy to actually win the game? I know near the end the win was in sight, but I'm talking your overall strategy as in who you chose to recruit and how to survive.

I couldn't try to recruit mafia or I'd die, so I had to be inherently less aggressive than I probably would have been. It also meant I had to lay low for most of the game as well, since I figured I'd be a hot mafia target if I contributed too much (ironically was the reason I ultimately died, I suppose). Recruiting Keith the first night was the riskiest move, and would any recruitment have been since it was still day one and everyone's chances of being mafia were pretty much the same. I thought he'd make a good strategist, which of course he did turn out to be. Unfortunately my recruitment failed three times this game, which greatly reduced our chances to win.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Nothing I love more than having a 15 paragraph long male genitalia-measuring contest with myself after I've predicted 3 of the 4 mafia members three days before the game ends. It's one of my favorite past-times.

I guess cult didn't win as well then? We didn't have much of a shot after that last lynch anyway, I suppose.

Good game, it was super funny seeing the mafia choke this away at the last second. Worth every word typed.

And Pendio, you weren't the only one that lied. I literally didn't tell the truth a single time in my "claim" back there. The Cult Leader would have actually died if he targeted mafia, so I had to be super careful. Big Octo and Thareous were never targeted, so I just decided to take a huge risk and lie to all of you about it, hah. Glad it payed off though.

Firstly, yes. The fact that you were arguing with yourself only made the game that much better.
Also, WHAT. So your entire accusation which ultimately led to our downfall was entirely fictitious? I just... I... Ok.

Overall, I had quite a bit of fun playing this game. Being my first real mafia game in a while I started out very cautious due to being mafia. However, as the game progressed I became more and more confident in "scum-hunting" and I actively tried to point out things that to me, mafia or not, seemed scummy except it was sad since I knew in the end I was scum hunting townies :P Overall, I think it worked out well up until the point when there was no other option but for me to be mafia. And Pendio, sorry I was trying so hard to make you look guilty but hey, I had no other choice :D
I thought it was a good game, and I said it then and I'll say it now: Vergo and Viral became bigger nuisances than ever, for avoiding use of a more detrimental word. I only wish we had gotten rid of you two before you rallied up the town's forces and led the charge against us. Alas, you played a good game.

Quick question Heroine, before you were recruited were you truly the Town Captain or was that a fake claim?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Ah, well, I guess the Cult didn't have much of a chance after Vergo died... XD I still felt like Town the whole time. I think we might have tied with them if someone had just died in the night, dangit.

There were some really fun moments in this game. I really didn't like the Captain role very much at first; I kept thinking that I should just let the power roles do what they wanted, and I had no right to tell them otherwise. It was an extremely fortunate coincidence that JC's one result coincided with my one result, haha. (I seriously wish, though, that we'd both been mafia. That would have been the best ruse EVER.) And when I was recruited by the Cult, I was very excited, because I love Cults, and I was already essentially a VT because my night action no longer worked. But everything kind of went downhill from there. :P

My favorite moments in mafia games are always those where you suddenly get that one piece of evidence that almost PROVES someone's alignment -- especially when you know it before anyone else. Doesn't happen too often, but it gives me happy goosebumps when it does, as silly as that might sound. That happened twice in this game -- once with JC, once with GDL. When GDL sounded like he was going to claim Cultist, I got extremely excited, because I knew I was the only remaining Cultist, and I had that thing about the night action not going through to prove it to the Town. Before that, I'd thought Pendio was mafia. That's why I was so mad when Pendio claimed; I'd felt like victory was right within my grasp, but then he took it, because GDL couldn't claim Cultist anymore. Ah well! It still worked out okay-ish, I guess...

What an interesting game, though! All the best power roles died early on, including our vigilante who, in the worst possible scenario, targeted a Townie bomb and killed both of them on the first day. And we didn't kill mafia until the last four days. That's incredible. Glad I lived to see the end of it! Thanks for modding, Draco! ^^

...By the way, I'd totally love to hear the mistakes I made. That's not sarcasm or mockery, but I'm genuinely curious in what you guys think I did wrong. I'd like to hear it and improve.

Quick question Heroine, before you were recruited were you truly the Town Captain or was that a fake claim?
That was real. I wasn't recruited until after I'd claimed that.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
All the best power roles died early on, including our vigilante who, in the worst possible scenario, targeted a Townie bomb and killed both of them on the first day.

polar-bear5.jpg

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
...By the way, I'd totally love to hear the mistakes I made. That's not sarcasm or mockery, but I'm genuinely curious in what you guys think I did wrong. I'd like to hear it and improve.

^ ^This. I still feel very rusty after not playing for so long, so any advice/things I could've done better/things I did well would be most appreciated.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
^ ^This. I still feel very rusty after not playing for so long, so any advice/things I could've done better/things I did well would be most appreciated.
I thought you played pretty solid. You had me fooled until the final day, so I would say you played the art of deception very well. You had the perfect balance between being semi active while still slipping under the radar, and the details your posts went into made it hard for anyone to make a case for you being scum. Reminded me of Vergo when I first played with him.

Pen

The game is on!
Unfortunately my recruitment failed three times this game, which greatly reduced our chances to win.

I roleblocked you on night 5 and 6. When was the other time your recruitment failed?

And Pendio, sorry I was trying so hard to make you look guilty but hey, I had no other choice :D

Hehe! Don't apologize, mate! You played a good game, and accusing me when you did was the smartest thing you could have done as far as I can see. ;)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Pendio, did you also block me at some point?

I tried to investigate Heroine on one of the last Nights, but my results came back with nil.

Fig

The Altruist
*deeply sighs*

I'm glad that town one in what I personally believe as the biggest comeback in all history of mafia. This game was probably the most hectic in terms of outcome and results as it really felt that no matter what we would do, the town was always in a difficult predicament. As stated from the game, I was a lover and it was first time as the role so it was quite new I knew someone from the start to be a fellow townie. While I wasn't unable to survive until the very end of the game, I do however had made some observations. Before anyone says anything, I am not writing this to sound like a victim or anything, it's just what I have noticed.

First of all, I would like to apologize for my aggressive behavior in terms of the game mechanics. It just really frustrated that the mafia had an advantage that could really have made the game one-sided. Obviously the town won so this proves that while the mechanic of the role cop being broken, the town was able to pull through. While I did say something about it earlier, there was nothing that I could do as it was already too late to fix it. I personally would have liked if the mechanic was adjusted, but I can't complain since the town was still able to play and still win at the endgame.

Now as for the players, I think it is safe to say that I was the worst player in this game. I say this because I practically was only in arguments throughout the course of the game. With the exception of Mido, it seemed I was unable to achieve any form of trust between a player. Simply because I just had to argue with the doctor, I was on the spot since then and people thought it wouldn't help them do I continue to keep living. I also really wanted to contribute as much as I can since this was an interesting theme, but I failed to do so. It also seems that, with the exception of Mido naturally, I am in bad terms with the rest of the players and mods. Overall this was a great game but it is a real shame that I inputted toxic in this game for not only did it didn't help me out as a player but destroyed my image as a person as well. It was fun playing with all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom