• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Z2 sub-7 speedrun

First and foremost, I'm looking to find out if the Zelda community is even receptive to this speedrun. I've never demo'd one before, am new here, and not competing against any other run.

Z2 is a top all-time favorite game of mine. Back in the day I was quite content being able to complete it, no cheats/mods, without dying once. Now, I added some spice to see how fast I could run the game using any Game Genie codes.

Run desription:

The combo I chose for practicing was: infinite magic, free walk, and mega jump, on a max level New Game+.

For a while, I fought to achieve sub-40 minutes. Shaved that down 35 min. Watched some other speedrun videos, forgot about the fairy-keyhole glitch, down to 27 min. Seemed best possible, but you know how speedrun ingenuity goes...

Watching Slackanater's sub-16 run again, got to thinking about the last segment, bypassing the Thunderbird. Can that technique be applied with any use elsewhere? Turns out, Z2 is full of such fairy portals. This run demonstrates how powerful they can be.

No, haven't considered that. I've posted this run in a few places, not really getting any responses back. Might be one of those things that take months for the net to catch up to. :/

fyi 6:23 is my best now :)

Any other input/feedback on the run I might be able to look in to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom