• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

YouTube Quality Issues

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Has anyone else tried to upload something HD to YouTube lately?

I tried to upload a 720p video:

f62aa421c3.png

And it turned into this:

097c18096b.jpg

I think it's part of the uploading process. Is this a newly uploaded video? It's probably still just processing. When I upload HD videos, and try to view them right after, the visual usually breaks, and sometimes be completely absent for an hour or so after uploading. I don't use Youtube too much in terms of uploading, and I'm not too knowledgeable of the changes that keep being made, but I think that's what it is. The video quality options take a while to be available, because HD video files are so friggin' huge, processing the quality comes later, after the video has already been uploaded to the site. You should probably check back in a few hours and see if HD is available then.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I think it's part of the uploading process. Is this a newly uploaded video? It's probably still just processing. When I upload HD videos, and try to view them right after, the visual usually breaks, and sometimes be completely absent for an hour or so after uploading. I don't use Youtube too much in terms of uploading, and I'm not too knowledgeable of the changes that keep being made, but I think that's what it is. The video quality options take a while to be available, because HD video files are so friggin' huge, processing the quality comes later, after the video has already been uploaded to the site. You should probably check back in a few hours and see if HD is available then.

After checking back, it's now available in full resolution. Which is odd, since it normally doesn't take this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom