• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

You're Personal Top Ten Zelda Games.

It's always hard to make a top Zelda games list because I love so many of them. My top 10 is always changing, but ALttP, OoT and WW are set in stone as the top 3:

1. A Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Majora's Mask
5. Link's Awakening
6. Skyward Sword
7. Oracle of Ages
8. The Legend of Zelda
9. The Adventure of Link
10. Twilight Princess

And the rest:
11. Minish Cap
12. Oracle of Seasons
13. Four Swords Adventures
14. Four Swords
15. Phantom Hourglass
16. Spirit Tracks

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
1. Twilight Princess
2. Skyward Sword
3. A Link to the Past
4. Wind Waker
5. Majora's Mask
6. Minish Cap
7. Zelda II The Adventure of Link
8. Ocarina of Time
9. The legend of Zelda
10. Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

All the Zelda games that I have played, so don't comment about the CD-i game... I was curious Ok!!!

Though I think Skyward Sword and Wind Waker are better than Twilight Princess, I love the latter more, it was my first Zelda game, so it will always have that special place in my heart...

Here's my top ten. This was not an easy list to make, so yeah...

1. Ocarina of Time: The second 3D Zelda game I ever played. I thought it was the best because of how great my experience playing was, not the fanbase and reviews, as I hardly knew any of the stuff existed. lol
  2. Skyward Sword: To me, Skyward Sword did everything right and it was one of the best games I've played in a while, especially on the Wii.
  3. Majora's Mask: My first ever 3D Zelda. Its gameplay and dark story are what really drew me in, as I have always been a fan of that sort of thing.
  4. A Link to the Past: The game that got me into the Zelda series. I was around three years old when it was released and I used to watch my brother play it. Funny thing is that it was kind of an alternative to Mario, which I could not play for the life of me.
  5. The Wind Waker: The direction of the visuals - cel-shading - added an interesting dimension to the already great series. I also like the way Link "comboed" when slashing his sword, as it reminded me of a fighting game.
  6. Link's Awakening: I borrowed it from a friend. What I liked about this game was its characters with whom I fell in love. (I hate saying "love") This game also featured one of my favorite songs from the series The Ballad of the Wind Fish.
  7. Twilight Princess: In a rare fashion, I let the hype get to me. The game fell below my expectations. On the other end, it made this list, so it obviously did something right. I really liked the realism and dark settings.
  8. Four Swords Adventure: I miss playing this game during the winter months, which is very nostalgic to me. I also liked the idea of controlling four Links at once.
  9. Oracle of Ages/Seasons: To be honest, I've never actually played it. I learned much about it from my friend and a ton of "research." Heh heh...
  10. The Legend of Zelda: The first Zelda that started it all, and I've only played a bit of it on the Wii Virtual Console. It's because it started it all that it made my list.

zellinkda

one of many
The order shuffles around from time to time but more or less for me it looks like this:

10. Phantom Hourglass- the touch screen controls were a double-edged sword. They were a little awkward, but at the same time they allowed for some innovative uses of items.

9. Twilight Princess- Probably the most epic Zelda ever made and had some awesome dungeons (I loved Arbiter's Grounds and Snowpeak Ruins the most). I do feel that this game almost tries to inhibit exploration at some points though, and I thought sidequests took a step backwards in the wrong direction (back to collecting things from helping people). These two aspects were especially salient because it's predecessor (Wind Waker) excelled in these two aspects IMO. Also I really dislike rigid linearity so that's my biggest bias against this game.

8. Oracle of Ages- Some of the most difficult puzzles in the series are in this game. The gameplay was great, and this game captured a similar spirit to Link's Awakening.

7. Link's Awakening- Had a very unique story with interesting characters. The dungeons were challenging and had great puzzles.

6. Wind Waker- Great game with an absurd amount of sidequests. The overworld reminded me of the original game in that you could explore from edge to edge fairly early on (although the game made the questionable-IMO- decision to force you to complete two dungeons before setting you completely free). The biggest thing that I see as a problem in this game is that it doesn't have as great of dungeons as other games in the series. This is just purely an opinion but this was the only Zelda game I've played where I struggle to pick even a single dungeon that I truly adore.

5. ALTTP- More dungeons than any other game in a series characterized by dungeon-crawling, and it's 20 years old. How is that possible? This game had a masterfully designed overworld which allowed for a reasonable balance between linearity and nonlinearity.

4. Skyward Sword- This game gets highly ranked almost solely on the basis on the Wii Motion Plus controls for the sword. This led to perfect gameplay which was incredibly fun and enjoyable. I really enjoyed some of the dungeons especially 4, 5, and 7. The sidequests were also enjoyable and similar to those of Wind Waker's or Majora's Mask. The only reasons I didn't really like the game as much as the 3 games above it on my list are that it placed a ton of emphasis on story and also it was needlessly linear. These complaints also apply to Twilight Princess, but it's clear how much I loved the Wii Motion Plus by how much higher I would rank this game.

3. Legend of Zelda- This game is just awesome because of its level of challenge and exploration. I absolutely love how nonlinear this game is. Also how is this still the only game with a true second quest? Other games have a second quest of sorts, but this is the only one that completely changed the dungeons and that is inherently superior to any other kind of 2nd quest IMO.

2. Ocarina of Time- I could never get tired of this game. Once again nonlinearity makes a huge difference for me. This is the only 3d Zelda game that truly is like the earlier 2d games IMO. The newer games are so attached to telling a story that they force you along a single path in the main quest, and this game avoided this pitfall (entirely my opinion) less than its successors. The game also had some of the most memorable dungeons ever for me. The Water Temple is a close second to the Stone Tower Temple as my favorite dungeon ever, and the Spirit and Forest Temples were very awesome as well.

1. Majora's Mask- The sidequests in this game blow away the rest of the series combined IMO. This is the only Zelda game in which I truly cared for the characters and what happens to them. The 3 day routine and masks are so much fun to experience. Finally, the dungeons in this game are few, but this is the only game in the series in which the designers were batting 1000 IMO. Every dungeon was masterful, and Stone Tower Temple is the coolest dungeon ever.
yeah! go MM woo! this game made me cry when i first played it i was so scared. (yet i was really little) but I absolutely love the creep factor of it now. hey if you really love Majora's mask, there's a new group called Majora is awesome. please join. we only have 3 members:(

1. Skyward Sword
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. Majora's Mask
5. Wind Waker
6. Minish Cap
7. Four Swords
8. A link to the past
9. Oracle of Ages (so far)
10. Spirit Tracks, I'm sorry but half train people dont make sense

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
*Have not beaten Oracle games*

Top 10 Best

1.) Skyward Sword
2.) Ocarina of Time
3.) Majora's Mask
4.) Twilight Princess
5.) The Wind Waker
6.) A Link to the Past
7.) The Legend of Zelda
8.) Link's Awakening
9.) The Minish Cap
10.) Spirit Tracks

Top 10 Favorite

1.) Skyward Sword
2.) Twilight Princess
3.) Majora's Mask
4.) The Minish Cap
5.) Ocarina of Time
6.) Spirit Tracks
7.) Four Swords Adventures (with multi-player)
8.) Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
9.) The Legend of Zelda
10.) A Link to the Past

1. The Wind Waker
2. Skyward Sword
3. Twilight Princess
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Phantom Hourglass
6. Minish Cap
7. Majora's Mask
8. Spirit Tracks
9. Link's Awakening
10. Legend of Zelda

These are my favorites, not the ones I think are the best. And these are the only ones I've played besides Adventure of Link and A Link to the Past.

1. Skyward Sword
2. Wind Waker
3. Majora's Mask
4. Phantom Hourglass
5. Ocarina
6. Link's Awakening
7. Link to the Past
8. Minish Cap
9. Zelda
10. Zelda II

I've played all the Zelda games and beaten all but two, so nothing is put up there that I don't like.

A

Arojam

Hey guys, I'm new here so you may be seeing me around the forums.
My top ten list would have to be...

10). Spirit Tracks
9). Wind Waker
8). Phantom Hourglass
7). Four Swords
6). Four Swords Adventures
5). Twilight Princess
4). A Link to the Past
3). Minish Cap
2). Ocarina of Time
1). Majora's Mask

These are my top ten and if you're wondering why Majora's Mask number one, well, just look at my username.

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
Mine are
1.Ocarina of Time
2.Majora's Mask
3.Link to the Past
4.Adventure of Link
5.Legend of Zelda
6.Twilight Princess
7.The Minish Cap
8.Skyward Sword
9.Wind Waker
10.Phantom Hourglass

G

Gabbe92

My list:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Twilight Princess
3. Skyward Sword
4. Wind Waker
5. Majora's Mask

I've only played the 3D-Zelda.

B

Blackie

Mine are:
10. Link's Awakening
9. Link to the Past
8. Zelda 2
7. Zelda 1
6. Spirit Tracks
5. Twilight Princess
4. Wind Waker
3. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
1. MAJORA'S MASK

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't have a top 10 list, cause that would involve playing that many (or more) Zelda games, and I haven't yet gotten there... However, here's a top five of the games I've played long enough to make a proper opinion of:

1) Occarina of Time - It was my first ever Zelda and it still holds the magic for me all these years later. Whenever I play it I always look forward to certain bits, like visiting the Zora's, getting Epona, doing the Fire temple :)

2) Twilight Princess - I really enjoy the human/wolf transformation, the dungeons were a lot of fun, Zora's domain was just plain amazing (the Zora's are my favorite) and a lot of other things.

3) Skyward Sword - I'm really enjoying playing it, I love the skyloft and flying around the loftwing, I absolutely loved actually *pulling* the sword out, the items are awesome and I kinda like having to shift the boss key into the exact right position to open the boss door and plenty of other things as well.

4) Spirit Tracks - My first handheld Zelda and I really enjoy playing it, the train-riding can be a bit tedious at time, but overall I like it. I love the gratitude crystals and how they open up more train tracks options, I love how Zelda actually has an active role in the game.

5) Majoras Mask - I like the game a lot, love getting to transform into a Deku, Goron and especially a Zora (previously mentioned my favorite rase in the games), and I like that the other masks actually has a kind of power, while in OoT they had no power to them. However the 3 day concept really stressed me out. I know a lot of people love the game for it, but for me the 3 day concept really became a hindrance for my enjoyment. I like taking my time to figure things out, so having to turn back time and re-do a lot of things to get back to where I was if I don't manage to finish the task in time - not really for me. So great game, but not my favorite.

I have tried the following games but haven't played them long enough to put them on the list yet; Wind Waker (only got to the second island), Phantom Hourglass (barely played it), Four Swords Adventure (taken it for a spin, but not really done anything yet), A Link to the Past (reached the first dungeon), Link's Awakening (collected the sword, that's about it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom