• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Thoughts on Skyward Sword Surpassing the Legacy of Ocarina of Time?

Z

Zeldatriforce

Hey i know this is a little off topic but does anyone think that when the wii u coes out they could possibly release a new metroid game with it

I think that OOT already has been surpassed in absolute terms. OOT is a great game for its day and age, but if you objectively compare them to TTP or even MM/WW, all of them surpass OOT is some way. In OOT, Link hardly shows any emotion (ofcourse because of technical shortcommings), while in later games he does. Also the emotional connection with his very own Kokiri Forest is hardly present, while in TP this connection was very well developed from the beginning of the game. Every area, except for Gerudo Desert, is accesible right after Link leaves Kokiri Forest, which outballances the exploration aspect later in the game.
The boss fights are mostly routine-puzzle-solving and Ganondorfs character development mostly takes place in text instead of in actual cutscenes of his evil actions.
The only thing about OOT that is still superior is, in my opinion, the Temple design and atmosphere. The temples in OOT are put together much more intelligent than in both WW and TP. In WW and TP the temples are much more linear and accesible for children, which is mostly a bad thing.

But in relative terms OOT simply can't be beaten. OOT had a great impact on the gaming industrie and was far ahead of its time. I doubt if such impact is even possible in this day and age.

But lets say that SS surpassed OOT if the game reaches number one on this site? http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom