• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your most epic rage quits

funnier6

Courage~
Whether it was a blue shell, a tough boss, or a harrowing gauntlet, what made you rage quit most epically? Don't act like you don't do it I see those dents in your controller.

I don't very much, what sprang this to mind was yesterday I was doing the trial of the sword and I lost really far into it after I thought I'd prepared for everything. I was very tempted to throw my very light joy-con grip but instead I calmy put it down before being like ''AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!'' :sweat:

So what about you? Take a long look at those dents and remember the story behind them... :anger3d:

I dont rage quit because i dont like being angry. If something is giving me hassle and i'm getting nowhere near close to winning i'll try a few times then switch it off and do something else.

Closest thing ive come to rage quitting was back when Sonic Adventure was new. I found it unfair THAT I FELL THROUGH THE ****ING FLOOR. FIX YOUR ****ING GAME SEGA! THIS IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE HARDWARE ANYMORE, YOU CANT GET THE DAMNED SOFTWARE RIGHT!

i didnt finish that game until the GC directors cut.

funnier6

Courage~
I dont rage quit because i dont like being angry. If something is giving me hassle and i'm getting nowhere near close to winning i'll try a few times then switch it off and do something else.

Closest thing ive come to rage quitting was back when Sonic Adventure was new. I found it unfair THAT I FELL THROUGH THE ****ING FLOOR. FIX YOUR ****ING GAME SEGA! THIS IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE HARDWARE ANYMORE, YOU CANT GET THE DAMNED SOFTWARE RIGHT!

It's less anger and more frustration, SO, MUCH, FRUSTRATION.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well as you can see from the dents in my wall and the eight broken 360 controllers on the pile. I rage quit soulcalibur 4 quite a few times back in the day. The online world is full of cheats and people better than me so I tended to throw controllers and turn my console off at the plug quite a bit.

This. The frustration that I felt was horrible.

Also every damn time I play mario kart online I rage so hard. It's either because bad luck, a blue shell, red shell, green shell (I swear that these have homing capabilities in MK8), or every single item hitting me, or communication errors.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've got four I want to talk about.

1. Turning it off doesn't count as losing
Me and a friend once spent an entire day playing Worms 3D on the Gamecube. I lost. Every single game. Every. Single. Game. I'm talking for eleven hours straight, constant loss. No matter how close I came, in the end I would always lose. Whether it was from being out-played or making a mistake like jumping forward off a cliff instead of backflipping to a ledge, using the wrong weapon and thus leaving an enemy weak but alive instead of in tiny bits, or just plain being an idiot, I didn't win a single game all day. As you can imagine, I was ready to go off. Eventually, during what was to be the final game, I was losing — again — and after taking what should have been a killing shot, my mate's worm survived with 1HP, against all odds. I jumped out of my seat like a one-frame animation and hit the Gamecube's off switch hard enough to make the table under it creak, then whirled around and gave my mate the Evil Eye, lips pursed, fists balled, ready to bring the fight into the real world and see who wins there (it would have been him, of that there is no doubt).

2. Rip in peace Mad Catz 360 controller
Back in 2007 (ten years ago ... kill me) I was trying to complete Call of Duty 4 on Veteran difficulty because gotta get those achievements or you'll get bullied in college. There's a mission called 'No Fighting in the War Room' or something along those lines which involves fighting in the War Room. Picture an underground bunker with three parallel corridors, an overwhleming number of particularly aggressive Russians, nigh-instant death, and a strict time limit. It's horrific. I must have spent over an hour trying to get to the end of this one single corridor and every time I thought I'd made progress being knocked back by some fresh hell the game decided to throw at me: unexpected enemy spawns, wayward grenades, getting caught on a single pixel of the scenery. After my one-hundred-and-thirty-second death I couldn't keep calm and carry on like the Queen wanted and I hurled my Mad Catz controller (that looked a bit like a Batarang) at the wall and, before I could say "£32, plus VAT", watched it explode into plastic shards and exposed circuitry.

3. Sometimes you just gotta get it out
This one wasn't me, but the friend who was better than me at Worms 3D. I forget what game he was playing (I want to say Vice City), but he was in my house playing something and failing repeatedly. He went through phases. At first, he took failure in his stride. After a while he started grunting and eventually yelling when he lost. Then he went eerily calm, just silently restarting after a loss, without taking his eyes off the television. After a while, he came close to success, only to fall again, and his response was to yell like a Viking attacking a fishing village, then spit on himself. Full, thick, white spit, on himself, slowly dribbling down his shirt. He then turned the game off.

4. Cfrock SMASH!
The year was 1997. Tony Blair had just been swept into 10 Downing Street in a landslide election victory. The Star Wars movies had been re-mastered and re-released to a new generation. And everyone was dancing to Hanson's 'MMMbop' while The Spice Girls launched Channel 5 in the UK. It was a time for hope, optimism, and Micro Machines V3 on the PS1. I came home from a gruelling day at school, eager to relax with a simple game of racing toy cars. But it wasn't to be. There was one race I just could not win, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how well I did. And my volatile child brain could't handle it. After trying and failing for a long while I lost my rag and sprang up, rushed to the Playstaton, slammed my beefy hand onto the Open button, yanked the lid up, tore the disc from the machine, and began punching it as hard as I could. I punched the disc until it snapped and then I punched the pieces on the floor, shouting insults and epithets as I did so. I never played a Micro Machines game again.

Bonus — 5. Collateral damage
I just remembered this one so I'm adding it in. Not only was I not playing the game in this one, it wasn't even a game that made me angry. My brother and his friend were playing Bomberman on our SNES in my room. Meanwhile, I was being yelled at by my mum for something or other and being told to go find something I had lost (it was something she needed that I'd be messing about with when I shouldn't have, I don't recall what it was). Upset and feeling it was unfair to be shouted at, and that my brother got to play games while I got told off, I was enraged and stomped upstairs to look for this thing. I had no clue where it was, so stormed into my room to look. Hearing the sounds of a fun game only wound me up further, and after a few minutes fruitless searching, went to leave the room. Just before I did, I scowled at my brother, engrossed in his game of Bomberman, and then shoved the cartridge sticking out of the SNES. The effect was the game immediately spazzing out (and probably some physical damage to the cartridge and/or SNES) and my brother losing his temper, too.

funnier6

Courage~

Me and a friend once spent an entire day playing Worms 3D on the Gamecube. I lost. Every single game. Every. Single. Game. I'm talking for eleven hours straight, constant loss. No matter how close I came, in the end I would always lose. Whether it was from being out-played or making a mistake like jumping forward off a cliff instead of backflipping to a ledge, using the wrong weapon and thus leaving an enemy weak but alive instead of in tiny bits, or just plain being an idiot, I didn't win a single game all day. As you can imagine, I was ready to go off. Eventually, during what was to be the final game, I was losing — again — and after taking what should have been a killing shot, my mate's worm survived with 1HP, against all odds. I jumped out of my seat like a one-frame animation and hit the Gamecube's off switch hard enough to make the table under it creak, then whirled around and gave my mate the Evil Eye, lips pursed, fists balled, ready to bring the fight into the real world and see who wins there (it would have been him, of that there is no doubt).

Back in 2007 (ten years ago ... kill me) I was trying to complete Call of Duty 4 on Veteran difficulty because gotta get those achievements or you'll get bullied in college. There's a mission called 'No Fighting in the War Room' or something along those lines which involves fighting in the War Room. Picture an underground bunker with three parallel corridors, an overwhleming number of particularly aggressive Russians, nigh-instant death, and a strict time limit. It's horrific. I must have spent over an hour trying to get to the end of this one single corridor and every time I thought I'd made progress being knocked back by some fresh hell the game decided to throw at me: unexpected enemy spawns, wayward grenades, getting caught on a single pixel of the scenery. After my one-hundred-and-thirty-second death I couldn't keep calm and carry on like the Queen wanted and I hurled my Mad Catz controller (that looked a bit like a Batarang) at the wall and, before I could say "£32, plus VAT", watched it explode into plastic shards and exposed circuitry.

This one wasn't me, but the friend who was better than me at Worms 3D. I forget what game he was playing (I want to say Vice City), but he was in my house playing something and failing repeatedly. He went through phases. At first, he took failure in his stride. After a while he started grunting and eventually yelling when he lost. Then he went eerily calm, just silently restarting after a loss, without taking his eyes off the television. After a while, he came close to success, only to fall again, and his response was to yell like a Viking attacking a fishing village, then spit on himself. Full, thick, white spit, on himself, slowly dribbling down his shirt. He then turned the game off.

4. Cfrock SMASH!
The year was 1997. Tony Blair had just been swept into 10 Downing Street in a landslide election victory. The Star Wars movies had been re-mastered and re-released to a new generation. And everyone was dancing to Hanson's 'MMMbop' while The Spice Girls launched Channel 5 in the UK. It was a time for hope, optimism, and Micro Machines V3 on the PS1. I came home from a gruelling day at school, eager to relax with a simple game of racing toy cars. But it wasn't to be. There was one race I just could not win, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how well I did. And my volatile child brain could't handle it. After trying and failing for a long while I lost my rag and sprang up, rushed to the Playstaton, slammed my beefy hand onto the Open button, yanked the lid up, tore the disc from the machine, and began punching it as hard as I could. I punched the disc until it snapped and then I punched the pieces on the floor, shouting insults and epithets as I did so. I never played a Micro Machines game again.

I just remembered this one so I'm adding it in. Not only was I not playing the game in this one, it wasn't even a game that made me angry. My brother and his friend were playing Bomberman on our SNES in my room. Meanwhile, I was being yelled at by my mum for something or other and being told to go find something I had lost (it was something she needed that I'd be messing about with when I shouldn't have, I don't recall what it was). Upset and feeling it was unfair to be shouted at, and that my brother got to play games while I got told off, I was enraged and stomped upstairs to look for this thing. I had no clue where it was, so stormed into my room to look. Hearing the sounds of a fun game only wound me up further, and after a few minutes fruitless searching, went to leave the room. Just before I did, I scowled at my brother, engrossed in his game of Bomberman, and then shoved the cartridge sticking out of the SNES. The effect was the game immediately spazzing out (and probably some physical damage to the cartridge and/or SNES) and my brother losing his temper, too.

I know it's still early but I think you won the prize for ragiest rage quit lol.

4. Cfrock SMASH!

You rage machine

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I rage quit playing any retro platformer.

And when I rage, I don't throw controllers. I just yell a lot.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would say that my worst rage quit was probably while playing through the Temple of the Ocean King with my DS Lite. It seemed like the temple got longer and longer every time, and I wasn't finding any of the shortcuts through the earlier sections, so it was really tough for me.

I got so frustrated on the second-to-last trip to the ToTOK that I somehow ended up trying to slam my DS shut without paying attention, and ended up closing it backwards... in other words, inadvertently applying enough force to tear the system's top screen off. The frustration probably meant I pushed harder than normal and didn't realize it, plus the DS Lite had a weak hinge design anyway. I ended up getting a DSi, and the hinge on that system is a bit more solid. But unfortunately, it doesn't have a GBA slot, which means I can't transfer Gen III Pokémon to Gen IV games.

Other rage quits of mine are far more boring as far as impact on the controller... I sometimes drop the controller carelessly in an apathetic sort of "I give up" way that looks sort of like a toss, but I've never really hurled it with active force.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I sometimes drop the controller carelessly in an apathetic sort of "I give up" way that looks sort of like a toss,
Same

However, my most epic rage quit was with Super Smash Bros 4. I had gotten a Pro Controller and a nice decal to put on it, but when I was unable to defeat this asshole online after like 10 straight games, i ****ing choke slammed my controller into the floor, splitting it in half.

Another time was when I broke a wodden TV tray after a similar situation. All I did was slam my fist down on it like they do in cop shows, but it broke in half. I felt pretty badass tbh. Nevertheless, I decided not to take the game so seriously anymore. I even let my wife win (or else she'd rage as well, it's kinda cute).

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
When I got my 4th ever merciless medal in Black Ops 2, and then my game crashed, not saving my progress.

I'm a hell of a killer, but I get killed a hell of a lot, so that's pretty impressive for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom