• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your made up games within games

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Have you and a friend or relative ever made up your own little games within a video game? Or even if you made something up yourself?

I played Dirt 3 w/ a friend a long time ago, and I remember there was a free roam mode where two players can drive aimlessly around on a map. And something he made up for us was to play tag in that free mode, just first person to tag the other 20 times wins. It got surprisingly intense and was pretty fun for something that was made up. Another small one w/ that friend (might've been the same day?) was to do a knife fight in Call of Duty Black Ops, so no shooting, just run up to each other to see who can stab each other first, was also intense and fun.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
ahh i did one with my bro more team play but id do my thing of dancing as character....

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
In Lord of the Rings Conquest (360, PS3) I made up awards, after every battle there is all these points that don’t do anything, you get like 10,000pts and I thought what if my friend and I made it into role play thing. It was fun, though not truly a different game in a game.

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
We would play tag in the Lego Batman Gotham city free roam area as kids. My sister also used to want to play smash like it's a Barbie house.

At school we came up with a game, where you choose the biggest smash maps like the cave from that one Kirby game, one person is Sonic, the rest are really slow characters, and the goal is for anyone to kill sonic once before the time runs out. The kids in the smash club would goof off and roleplay in a big group when they didn't wanna play normally, I remember one time Sephiroth adopted my duck hunt and someone tried to kill me without him noticing, so he went berserk on everyone and was like "YOU GUYS KILLED MY DOG!!!" lol good times.

When we were little kids, my and I used to play Paper Mario, and we used to voice act as the characters.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Halo 2, we made a ninjanaut mode where the ninjanaut (active camo) would have five minutes to hide and everyone would have like ten minutes to find him. Farcry Instincts Evolution, I made a map specifically to act as a race track (although the driving physical are so jank, it didn't work very well). Classic Battlefront 2 was fun when you got down to one troop left because the game became a survival superhero game where you must take on hordes of enemies by yourself. I suppose I didn't make that game-in-game but it did come to mind.

Also, every game I play is packed with minor challenges I make for myself. If I run into a group of super mutants in New Vegas, I have to play and replay and replay the scenario until I can bring all of them down. I check every single file cabinet, locker, and random container I find. I spend no money because SNES era RPGs taught me that there might be an ultra expensive mega item somewhere in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom