• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Your Favourite Section of Hyrule Field

This thread pertains to OoT and TP version of Hyrule field (since they're the most popular incarnations).

While OoT's Hyrule Field is a lot smaller than TP's its still pretty sizeable with some cool corners. And by field i mean the field itself, not the villages therein.
I guess this thread is easier to answer if you're a gamer who liked to just roam the field when you have nothing to do.

So, which portion of both OoT and TP's Hyrule field do you like to play around in?

For me;

OoT; the section that leads into Lake Hylia with the metal fence and stone walls with the ladder, i like it there.

TP; the section as you leave Ordon where the heart-piece is in the tree, i think that section is one of the more picturesque section of the field.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
In TP I love the areas just outside Eldin and just past Faron woods.

In OoT I dont care much for it it feels so... empty, without the redeeming visuals. Still fun to mess around there.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Twilight Princess
I like the Eldin section I.e the largest area of Hyrule Field. For me I love open worlds and especially ones that stretch out for miles, I just used to love riding round on eponymous fighting enemies or searching for bug or just generally taking in the amazing scenery. This section of Hyrule Field kind of felt like a section ripped straight out of Shadow of the Colossus and it was just filled with nice views, especially the sun setting. This area also has one of my favourite places in any Zelda game; that being the Bridge of Eldin and loved riding round reenacting the original cut scene.

Ocarina of Time
Hmmm it would have to be the section near Hyrule Castle, for some reason it felt safe, even though technically there was very little danger in Hyrule Field anyway :/

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
In Twilight Princess I enjoyed the Eldin section. The parts in the story that took place there interested me and I just have a fascination for Death Mountain and gorons.

In Ocarina of Time I enjoyed the Death Mountain/Kakariko Village section. Again, I have a fascination for Death Mountain and gorons. I also love the parts in the story that took pace there and I love the dungeons that are located there. Dodongo's Cavern, The Fire Temple, and The Shadow temple are my favorite temples in that game. You also learn the Bolero of Fire and the Nocturne of Shadow in that area. <3

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Oooh! Great Question! :)

In Ocarina of Time that corner of Hyrule field just south of Castle Town beneath the retaining wall always interested me. I like how Zora's River falls down the wall from the Castle moat and into the culvert there where it eventually flows out into Gerudo Canyon. I always figured the river flows through subterranean caverns before flowing out into the valley. I always wished there was some cave behind the falls or that we could explore a cave system behind the culvert but ... alas.

Other than that, I always enjoyed riding Epona through the grove of trees just off the road to Lake Hylia south of the forest. :)

In Twilight Princess, definitely the Elden stretch of field to the north. It's such a vast plain, bordered by massive crevasses so deep they stretch into complete darkness. I enjoy the majestic view of Hyrule Castle from there and gazing up at the smoldering Death Mountain and the stark highlands surrounding it. Off beyond the massive crevasse the ancient Bridge of Eldin spans there is this isolated grove of trees. You can't get there by normal means but I've always wonder what's over there. I also find the low walls and paved areas enticingly enigmatic. I wonder what they may have once been. The remains of an ancient fortification, perhaps? Or a settlement for the workers who constructed Castle Town? Also the weather effects in the area. The driving rain and sheets of lightning are quite impressive! I just wish the monsters in the area would bother me less often so I can enjoy the view uninterrupted.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
In Ocarina of Time, I like a lot the path over the river to Zora's Domain, but my favorite place is the way leading to Gerudo Desert (and the desert itself, though that is no longer the field...). I love the music there! And the fact that you can ride with Epona, even through that little thin log/bridge, only makes it better.

In Twilight Princess, I find that the ruins scattered all around Hyrule, specially in Eldin, have an eerie and majestic beauty that can't be compared to anything in any of the other games. Moreover, when you make some progress and get new items, those great ruins are no longer part of the scenery and become amazing places whereon you can mess around. :)

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
Twilight Princess I just used to love riding round on eponymous
Auto-correct? =|

My personal fav area in OOT is probably the field section near the Lakeside Laboratory in Lake Hylia, though technically it's not in the actual Hyrule Field area. I don't realy have a favorite place in the field itself...
As for TP, I shall probably go with the Eldin area, just like everyone else.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Oot: I don't really think I have a favorite spot in the field. I generally see the entire spot as a whole, but I suppose the place where Zora river flows in between Kakariko village and Castle Town sticks out. It's actually very picturesque when you think about it.

TP: I supposed Lake Hylia doesn't count :/. Well, my favorite area would probably be the West Hyrule Field (Wii version). This area hold many memories including the epic Eldin Bridge Duel, one of, if not the, best boss battle in the Zelda franchise, Ganondorf, and there were alot of times I just ran around that field trying to find secrets... which I did. The ruins all about Hyrule intrigue me, but I have concluded that the ones in this field used to be the Castle Town of OoT, so that makes for an even more interesting... uh... interest.

Last edited:

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Ocarina of Time

I like the Southwest corner of the field where there is a peahat as Child Link and a large grove of trees. Not really sure why, I just like the trees a lot and find that dusk is especially pretty there.

Twilight Princess

The field just outside the entrance to Eldin Province, where the Skulltula cave is located, has a little elevated area that is fenced off and has a lone tree on the corner with a Poe at night. I like standing on that little raised area and watching the sun set.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Good question! In Ocarina of Time, my favourite section of Hyrule Field is the area you see directly in front of you after leaving Kokiri Forest for the first time. I'll never forget how I felt the first time I looked upon that field and heard that amazing music play. It was pure magic!
As for Twilight Princess, errm, I'm going to say the Eldin stretch as well. :P It truly is a beautiful area.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
OoT's field is too small to choose a favorite area, but I suppose the part near the entrance of Kakariko village with the river.

TP's field is too large to choose a favorite area! Probably the first section of Hyrule field you go into, because of the exhilarating feeling you get seeing it for the first time. Or the Eldin section, because of the awesome battles that take place there and the title screen makes it look so epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom