• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Young Dev Team?

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I'm surprised this topic hasn't been brought up before (at least to my knowledge).

Nintendo has said a long time ago that the dev team designated for Skyward Sword is younger and not the complete team that worked on previous Zelda games.

Nintendo said:
A number of people working on Zelda now are people that grew up playing Zelda. From their perspective, they're looking at it as, 'What are some of the things that failed to be helpful in getting through the game?' They're stripping that out and streamlining.

Anyone concerned about this? Not that I don't like it, I like the way SS is looking, but, I'm not really sure how I'm feeling about this.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
There's still people from past Zeldas working on it, and the younger dev team is a great idea. I don't know why you should be feeling skeptical. It means they're less biased and more willing to fix mistakes.

The old Zelda team and main directors have been edging themselves out of development for quite some time now. While the majority of the team still remains, people such as Koji Kondo and Miyamoto have been slowly letting Aonuma and Yokota do their own thing as far as sound and game design is concerned. The younger team is learning from the older team and it doesn't seem like a long time until Miyamoto retires and Aonuma takes the lead. So since the younger people have been learning for some time now, (Ever since Wind Waker I believe...) I don't have any worries.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
The old Zelda team and main directors have been edging themselves out of development for quite some time now. While the majority of the team still remains, people such as Koji Kondo and Miyamoto have been slowly letting Aonuma and Yokota do their own thing as far as sound and game design is concerned. The younger team is learning from the older team and it doesn't seem like a long time until Miyamoto retires and Aonuma takes the lead. So since the younger people have been learning for some time now, (Ever since Wind Waker I believe...) I don't have any worries.

Miyamoto's leaving :( You mean the father of Nintendo, the creator of the most awesome video games, is leaving? (I know it's got to happen some time) :( :( :( Well, he'll have a legacy. He's the only one able to pull this off:
miyamoto%20zelda.jpg

As to your comment of the younger team learning since WW, does WW and TP compare to OoT. I love those games, though.

Still, I'm hoping SS would surpass OoT :)

Actually, Miyamoto has been letting Aonuma direct since MM. But now Miyamoto and Aonuma are both watching over Fujibayashi as he directs SS, so I really have no idea whats going on with the Zelda team hierarchy.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Miyamoto isn't leaving, I have no idea were you're getting this from.

I am excited about playing a Zelda game made by fans!

Miyamoto's leaving :( You mean the father of Nintendo, the creator of the most awesome video games, is leaving? (I know it's got to happen some time) :( :( :( Well, he'll have a legacy. He's the only one able to pull this off:
miyamoto%20zelda.jpg

As to your comment of the younger team learning since WW, does WW and TP compare to OoT. I love those games, though.

Still, I'm hoping SS would surpass OoT :)

Of course Wind Waker and Twilight Princess surpass Ocarina of Time. (Oh wait, OPINIONZZZ)

If you would like a small essay on how TP and WW are better than OoT, I'll glady write it for you.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Of course Wind Waker and Twilight Princess surpass Ocarina of Time. (Oh wait, OPINIONZZZ)

If you would like a small essay on how TP and WW are better than OoT, I'll glady write it for you.

Please consider the time when they were made. Obviously TP and WW are better than OoT, considering they are newer games. OoT doesn't really hold up over time like how AlttP does...

Please consider the time when they were made. Obviously TP and WW are better than OoT, considering they are newer games. OoT doesn't really hold up over time like how AlttP does...

Which is ironic because A Link to the Past is my least favorite Zelda game.

Anyways, I believe we're getting a tad off-topic.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Which is ironic because A Link to the Past is my least favorite Zelda game.

Anyways, I believe we're getting a tad off-topic.

We could make a record of most off-topic forum post ever. :) Haha, I'm eccentric...
And how could you hate AlttP? Does it not look like a game made today, with some 16-bit effects? It's so well made that even today, it's a great game

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Nah, the mods already dislike me for my "trolling." I'd rather not risk it.

Do you realize that trolling was originally a hunting term for using a lure to get an animal? Yeah, maybe we should get back on topic. You should admit that it would be a great idea to get a world record for most off-topic forum post ever. I don't know how you could measure it, though...

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I really have no problem with younger developers coming in. That allows for fresh ideas to be implemented, which we've seen with Skyward Sword.

Point taken, but I hope they don't take away a lot of traditional Zelda stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom