• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yet more vindication for Rauru's early reign.

Are the holy trees, in the depths and in the sky, genetically related to the Great Deku Tree?

• Probably

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not Likely

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I didn't watch the video... What trees?

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
While I normally prefer to base my own threads on my own research, and legwork, there are a few points revealed in this video that struck me immediately.

In particular, there is this statement:

"The designers note that accompanies the concept art of Sonia reveals that her character was crafted specifically with legacy in mind based on the concept that Sonia is the ancestor of all the Zeldas."

My original plan was wait until I had an English copy of the new Master Works, but I don't know very much Japanese, so I would want to check with a translator anyway. The information provided in the video is based on the original Japanese; meaning the work is done for me.

For those who are not familiar with my previous work on this theory forum; this thread outlines my stance on when Rauru's Hyrule was, and when Zelda was sent back to, in TotK:

Instead of arguing about the validity of Rauru's early reign (early meaning before Skyward Sword) because I already have a thread for all of that; I want to talk about everything else related to this information. The validity of the information. other interpretations, and the like.

Last edited:

Mikey the Gengar

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
The designers note that accompanies the concept art of Sonia reveals that her character was crafted specifically with legacy in mind based on the concept that Sonia is the ancestor of all the Zeldas."
I hate this so much. It means that tears and skyward sword don't exist in the same continuity, because of the existence of Ganondorf in tears and the nature of the hate curse established in skyward sword
What?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I hate this so much. It means that tears and skyward sword don't exist in the same continuity, because of the existence of Ganondorf in tears and the nature of the hate curse established in skyward sword
What?
I don't know if I'd take that as meaning she's literally the ancestor of Skyward Sword Zelda who herself was the reincarnation of Hylia. I think it's more describing the thought process behind her design.

Sonia did always strike me as a sort of divine looking figure whereas Zelda in Skyward Sword was rather average looking, which I suppose was meant to be the point with her being the mortal form of Hylia. But Sonia definitely has more of a great ancestor aura since that's literally the purpose her character serves in the story.

What?
Why would the curse wait to be unleashed? The battle with Demise took place in the distant past before the modern day of Skyward Sword. It follows that the curse would take hold in the past of SS.

I don't know if I'd take that as meaning she's literally the ancestor of Skyward Sword Zelda who herself was the reincarnation of Hylia. I think it's more describing the thought process behind her design.

Sonia did always strike me as a sort of divine looking figure whereas Zelda in Skyward Sword was rather average looking, which I suppose was meant to be the point with her being the mortal form of Hylia. But Sonia definitely has more of a great ancestor aura since that's literally the purpose her character serves in the story.
While stating it was only the inspiration, and not the actual use, has some degree of validity, the argument would need to be used for any time frame other than placing her before Skyward Sword. Not a deal breaker for those theories, but definitely another hoop to jump through.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What?
The newly released timeline shows that BoTW and ToTK do not exist in the same continuity as any of the other games, including Skyward Sword.

What?
It could also mean the curse was never meant to be taken so literal, and these games do exist in the same continuity

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
While stating it was only the inspiration, and not the actual use, has some degree of validity, the argument would need to be used for any time frame other than placing her before Skyward Sword. Not a deal breaker for those theories, but definitely another hoop to jump through.
The Master Works book clarifies more of the past era and basically puts the refounding theory to rest. However, they do avoid specifying the exact time frame of events in regards to Skyward Sword, but the way I interpret the new timeline puts Rauru's founding after Skyward Sword, not before.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The newly released timeline shows that BoTW and ToTK do not exist in the same continuity as any of the other games, including Skyward Sword.
Without an official statement from Nintendo, that's merely an interpretation as there are several things to point out in that image like the fact that BotW and TotK are not linked together and thus not displaying a timeline of their own.

There's tons of information on the timeline labeling the specific eras and key events that separate the games, none of which is present for BotW and TotK. If it was really its own continuity, wouldn't it run parallel to the old timeline with the proper links and information clarifying that?

Based on Nintendo's own statements from the past 7 years, it's clear the placement of the 2 games is being left ambiguous outside of the fact that they happen last, which is why they're placed after the other timelines and separated by a line as to not give away which timeline it falls under.

Now one can also interpret that the line being placed after the adult and child timelines suggests it takes place after either one, removing the downfall timeline entirely from the discussion. But without any official clarification, it's all hearsay.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Without an official statement from Nintendo, that's merely an interpretation as there are several things to point out in that image like the fact that BotW and TotK are not linked together and thus not displaying a timeline of their own.

There's tons of information on the timeline labeling the specific eras and key events that separate the games, none of which is present for BotW and TotK. If it was really its own continuity, wouldn't it run parallel to the old timeline with the proper links and information clarifying that?

Based on Nintendo's own statements from the past 7 years, it's clear the placement of the 2 games is being left ambiguous outside of the fact that they happen last, which is why they're placed after the other timelines and separated by a line as to not give away which timeline it falls under.

Now one can also interpret that the line being placed after the adult and child timelines suggests it takes place after either one, removing the downfall timeline entirely from the discussion. But without any official clarification, it's all hearsay.
That timeline is from Nintendo Live, an annual event hosted by Nintendo themselves. You don't just get to decide it's not real because you disagree with it. The continuity may suck, but Nintendo gets to make decisions regarding their own intellectual properties. You're disregarding statements by Nintendo and citing... statements by Nintendo as your basis.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That timeline is from Nintendo Live, an annual event hosted by Nintendo themselves. You don't just get to decide it's not real because you disagree with it. The continuity may suck, but Nintendo gets to make decisions regarding their own intellectual properties. You're disregarding statements by Nintendo and citing... statements by Nintendo as your basis.
Where is this statement from Nintendo that you're referencing? Because you keep posting that link like it's a trump card and it's just some writer making an assumption about a picture and reporting it as a fact.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Where is this statement from Nintendo that you're referencing? Because you keep posting that link like it's a trump card and it's just some writer making an assumption about a picture and reporting it as a fact.
View attachment 77807
That's your official statement by Nintendo at an official Nintendo event. The writer makes literally no assumptions. They snapped a picture of the official timeline and reported on there being an updated official timeline. Were you also this dismissive the last time they updated the timeline to wiggle games around?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
View attachment 77807
That's your official statement by Nintendo at an official Nintendo event. The writer makes literally no assumptions. They snapped a picture of the official timeline and reported on there being an updated official timeline. Were you also this dismissive the last time they updated the timeline to wiggle games around?
They snapped a picture of the timeline and read into it in their own way and reported it like it was fact. The series description in that picture also doesn't confirm the narrative that is being spun here, Rumpelstiltskin. I ask again, where is the statement from Nintendo that confirms these games aren't part of the continuity?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
They snapped a picture of the timeline and read into it in their own way and reported it like it was fact. The series description in that picture also doesn't confirm the narrative that is being spun here, Rumpelstiltskin. I ask again, where is the statement from Nintendo that confirms these games aren't part of the continuity?
Hey, keep manifesting, man. Do it enough and you'll eventually will the retcon out of existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom