• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yarn Yoshi Trailer

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
A new Yoshi game was announced today and it is called "Yarn Yoshi".

Here's the trailer for it from Wii U Direct.
[video=youtube_share;w5cR_Cz1tHc]http://youtu.be/w5cR_Cz1tHc[/video]

What are your thoughts about this game?
I think that this game looks great, definitely a lot better looking than Kirby's Epic Yarn. It also reminds me of Little Big Planet at the 0:33 mark of the video.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I guess Kirby's Epic Yarn wasn't good enough for them.

But actually, this game does look strangely appeasing. Despite the short gameplay clips this thready world brings back fond memories of playing Yoshi's Story years ago. I'm pleased that they displayed Yoshi's Story in the trailer, as a sort of way to bridge the connection between both games. At any rate, Yarn Yoshi looks exactly how a lively, lighthearted experience featuring this famed green dino should be. I'll definitely play it if I can.

Another game added to my list. I do like the look of it and the theme does suite a series like Yoshi. from what I have seen from Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yarn Yoshi does seem to be better.

No!!!

The Kirby's Epic Yarn dev hinted at more games using the same concept but I was never too fond of the idea to begin with. Kirby's Epic Yarn was very different from the main Kirby series, for the worse. Players couldn't die and the gameplay was painfully slow. Hopefully Yarn Yoshi will iron this out. That said, Yoshi has always been a more casual franchise. The challenge comes in finding stashed away goodies. Hopefully that tradition continues.

EBWODP

I wanted to add that Nintendo should play ahead of the curve once more and finally include online coop and leaderboards in its platforms. The feature is long overdue.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Damn, I was about to say the game is heavily reminiscent of Yoshi's Story from the N64. Trailer ninja'd me xD

Anywho, it looks great! I'm hoping they'll have a few demos on the eShop or something, so that we can get a proper feel for the game upon release. I don't understand why they went with the yarn direction; is paper not good enough for them? ;) But yeah, this will be at least a mediocre game, but I'm expecting greatness from our lovable green dinosaur.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I think this is a great idea. Epic Yarn is one of my favorite Kirby games because of its unique charm, I can see yarn elements working just as good or even better with Yoshi.

I was hoping something similar to Yoshi's island on SNES.I didn't like the idea of Kirby epic yarn and I'm not expecting much here either,but who knows,it might be good.

Nintendo are on fire =] best nintendo direct ever, news on ZeldaU, WWHD, Xenoblade Successor VC games like Super Metroid and this. I really liked Kirby's epic yarn, i love kirby and ever since playing that game ive wondered which other character would be best to take the reins from Kirby and Yoshi is perfect. The trailer makes me really excited for it, there are so many ideas you can use in Yarn games, they're like games for those who don't want paper... its awesome to see yoshi in his own game again too, i loved yoshi's Story on n64 despite who awfully short it was, and Yoshi's island on the SNES is oneof the best games ever made. So yes im super excited for Yarn Yoshi and it looks awesome, funny, in just twenty minutes (nintendo direct) i now have so many reasns to buy a wiiU

Digging the idea of a new Yoshi game. Yoshi's Island is my favorite game of all-time and I love that they never let that series go. I'm glad there's more and to carry the Wii U, no less.

Not digging the artstyle though. Epic Yarn was cute, and the style isn't exactly bad for the Yoshi games, but I think there were better visual opportunities here. Something that looked like Muramasa: The Demon Blade (gorgeous high-resolution, hand-drawn sprites and backgrounds) but in the original Yoshi's Island's cartoony style would have been ****ing breathtaking. I'm sad they're not doing something like that.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Digging the idea of a new Yoshi game. Yoshi's Island is my favorite game of all-time and I love that they never let that series go. I'm glad there's more and to carry the Wii U, no less.

Not digging the artstyle though. Epic Yarn was cute, and the style isn't exactly bad for the Yoshi games, but I think there were better visual opportunities here. Something that looked like Muramasa: The Demon Blade (gorgeous high-resolution, hand-drawn sprites and backgrounds) but in the original Yoshi's Island's cartoony style would have been ****ing breathtaking. I'm sad they're not doing something like that.

Yoshi has been left out in the cold for years when it comes to the consoles,come on Nintendo give us Yoshi's Island 2 already for the Wii U just think of the ideas that could be done with the Wii U controller :D For now though this game looks really good i just hope its not like Kirby's Epic Yarn and you cant die at all.

I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn! Too bad I don't have money to shell out on another console. :/ But, now that there are some more games coming out that look worthwhile, maybe I'll go ahead and get it when I do. I love Yoshi, and this game looks good!

I'm not sure if I like how Yoshi looks in the yarn world but it certainly seems like it will be worth playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom