• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox Game Suggestions

Hey everyone!
So I've been considering buying a used Xbox 360, but I don't know any good games for it
I know I wat to try Asassin's Creed, and I don't really want to play Call of Duty so..

Do you guys have any suggestions?

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Portal 2
Orange Box
GTA IV
FF 13, 13-2, and 3 when it comes
batman arkam asylum and city
L.A. noire
red dead redemption
the sabatoer
minecraft
happy wars
halo
many more

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
With the forthcoming release of my most anticipated game of the year, Halo 4, I definitely suggest you examine the Halo franchise and see whether or not it meets your desires as a gamer. Halo is much more fantasy inspired than Call of Duty being an alien shooter and a new company, 343 Industries, is behind the reigns this time providing a fresh feel. Halo is also the place to go for multiplayer on Xbox Live. That said, I suggest you start chronologically with Halo Reach.

Two fantastic multiplatform games released last year you consider buying are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City (consider their direct prequels as well-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Batman: Arkhman Asylum, respectively). Skyrim nails fantasy lore perfectly. If you've ever desired traversing medieval towns and fighting dragons this is your go. Never discount the strength of FUS RO DAH either. Arkham City is the perfect interactive romp through Gotham City. Thee Dark Knight scored big these past several years with Warner Bros. in the game industry and Christopher Nolan's stellar film trilogy.

You should definitely consider original Xbox games as well many of which are available for download on Xbox Live. No arcade racer quite matches the grittiness of Burnout 3: Takedown. If you're feeling the need for road rage without the jail term this is your go to. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is a stellar RPG with choices influencing turns to the Light or Dark Side. A must have for loyalists and a good bet for fans of the genre.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
There are some great game you can get on 360.

The Assassin's Creed franchise is really good so do try them
Bioshock is a fantastic game too. Great story and atmosphere
The Orange Box is a great package as well
The Batman games are really good too: Arkhan Asylum and Arkham City
If you like huge open world RPGs then Oblivion or Skyrim should be good for you
Any LEGO games are really, really fun. It doesn't matter if it's Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batman or Indiana Jones, thy're all really fun
Mass Effect is a great sci-fi RPG series
Fallout 3 is another great open-world RPG

There are a lot of great games on the Xbox Live Arcade too

Braid is a wonderful puzzle game
Resident Evil 4 is a thrilling action game
Castle Crashers is a really fun hack-n-slash game, especially if you have some people to co-op with but it's great alone too
Portal is an excellent puzzle game (and is avaliable as part of The Orange Box but also avaliable by itself on XBLA)
N64 classics Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are also on the XBLA.Excellent 90s era 3D platformers

Your comment about Call of Duty makes me a little wary of suggesting Halo because I get the impression you don't like competetive shooters but Halo is very, very different to CoD. It has a great single player and great multiplayer, if that's something you enjoy. I would highly recommend Halo but if online shooters aren't your thing then you probably won't get into it.

I would just get a Wii. There is no Skyward Sword on the Xbox and Skyward Sword is better than every Xbox game combined. FACT.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
1. Banjo-Kazooie if you're into old games with a nice HD touch.
2. Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game if you're into 8-bit games.
3. Borderlands (Go for Game of the Year Edition)
4. Catherine
5. Sonic Adventure (DX Upgrade if you want 100%)
6. Red Dead Redemption
7. Star Wars The Force Unleashed
8. Dead Space
9. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle Mode DLC if you want 100%)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I would without a doubt recommend the Fable series (first game was made for the regular X-box, but if you can find a used copy it REALLY is worth it, especeially if you find the Lost Chapters version of it). It's an action RPG-game taking place in a land called Albion (old name for England), first game takes place in the Medieval Ages, second game in the Ages of Enlightenment, and third game in the Industrial Revolution. All three are fun to play, but first and third are my favorite installments :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom