• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WWHD - Waiting for the Familiar

Nintendo are giving us my favourite game ever in glorious HD for the WiiU and i obviously couldn't be happier, but its odd, I find myself in a position waiting for a game that i'm intimately familiar with to be released as opposed to a game i know little about like ZeldaU.

So i want to know for others who are looking forward to WWHD, how different does it feel to wait for a game you know in WWHD, rather than a game that has only been previewed by trailers etc?

Does knowing what you can experience with first hand knowledge enhance the excitement to do it all again or do you get more excited about playing something you've never touched before?

I haven't played The Wind Waker in over a year; it'll be refreshing to jog my memory.

I also wish to see some of the bosses especially Gohma and Ganondorf in HD.

The not knowing aspect and surprise at new information is obviously missing from remake though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Same I haven't played TWW in over two-three years now, so TWWHD will be a nice refresher on my part.

Still, I can't help but feel a tinge of an unsettling familiarity, which really makes no sense considering I waited and enjoyed OoT3D to the fullest. That doesn't mean I dislike TWW...it's just, this wait is a bit off-putting if I may say that. I know we're not getting a new game whatsoever, but with the recent graphics change perhaps I'm anticipating something radically different from what I knew on the GC?

Also, I do get more excited to play new games, provided the old isn't OoT. :right:

Din Akera

Sniper
Does knowing what you can experience with first hand knowledge enhance the excitement to do it all again or do you get more excited about playing something you've never touched before?

100% more excited to play a new game versus an old one that has been revamped in terms of graphics. Revamping whole portions of the game (as with OoTMQ) I believe is exciting because something has changed and really become new. But for me personally, upgrading to HD or 3D or smoother edges on the classic polygons is okay...but not exciting. I'm not saying I won't buy these new games, but that is the collector in me that wants them, not the gamer. The only one I'm interested in is TPHD. This, only because I love TP.

Here is the thing. I know everyone is on this HD kick over the past few years, but tbh there is really a minimal difference. Perhaps I have shot my eyes from playing pixel and polygon graphic games. But I do not see a difference between HD, Blueray, and 'normal' television or movies. For that reason, I don't feel that releases for HD graphics are a huge change.

OoT and WW's graphics changing only hold minimal interest for me. In fact, I still like my original OoT graphics. Now, granted this is largely due to nostalgia. I am interested to see the new WW graphics, just because I might be more inclined to like them. So I suppose I am excited in that regard.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Ehhh...not excited. Even if I didn't have tWW, I wouldn't buy WWHD. I could easily get tWW for 8$ With tax, WWHD is roughly $64...to justify this price, it would need to be eight times better. But so far, all it seems to be offering is graphics...and the graphics aren't even eight times better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom