• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U WWHD 1.6 million units sold. What is to be expected of TPHD.

Will TPHD exceed WWHD's sales?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • They will sell around the same

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Twilight Princess HD appears to be doing quite well as far as sales go. Looks like it was already exceeding 600,000 sales in the US alone as of 2 weeks ago. Based off of those numbers, Twilight Princess HD could actually be one of the bigger releases on the Wii U in terms of raw sales. It's tough to tell without sales numbers from Europe or Japan, but if this trend continues, Twilight Princess HD might even rival Mario Kart 8's opening day sales.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
How the hell....? Where are they getting those numbers from when the game isn't even released

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Twilight Princess HD will sell at least 2, if not 2.5, million units. When you combine an early year Wii U software drought, the second best selling overall Zelda game, a collectible for Zelda Wii U, and good advertising, you have a formula for success.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I expect the TPHD to sell at least 1.6 million. By and large it's the more popular zelda title between it and TWW, and its appeal as already stated is larger. It shouldn't have any trouble breaking 1.6mil if TWWHD could do it in lifetime sales.

that being said

I don't think it will. Even with the improvements, I'm pretty sure having WWHD as a launch title for the Wii U boosted sales far beyond what they would have been had it been released in, say, 2014. Not much in TP needed improvement gameplay wise, and the graphical difference is negligible IMO since the game looked so good for its time. Plus it barely even came out 10 years ago, so there isn't really a new generation of gamers who never played it like there were for the N64/3DS remakes. And the price tag is ridiculous to boot. I'm just not seeing high sales figures here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom