• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW & TP HD, when?

When?

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • why?

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't think we're getting them. I'm of the mind that if they were gonna port TPH and WWHD to Switch that they'd have done it by now, especially since major third party support has kind of slumped following the release of the XboSX and PS5. TPHD and SSHD would be a good way to pad out a weaker release schedule.

If we see them anywhere I think they'll be on some hypothetical Switch 2. There'd be no easier way to pad out your launch lineup than including a two pack of TP and WW.

Last edited:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I feel like one will come out this year and then another will come out next year. I think The Big N will release them again some time real soon.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Honestly at this point I think that GameCube on NSO is more likely, specifically because they’ve already said that they’re planning on keeping NSO between consoles. Why bother making the effort to port a couple of games to a dying console if other versions could be made for 2 different consoles? For that matter they still haven’t ported OoT3D and MM3D, and I’d imagine for the same reason.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just buy a Wii U or play the original games maybe those ports will be only for the Switch 2
Buying an entire console is an absurdly more expensive option for a consumer than asking for a port. I never got a Wii U and I'm certainly not going to get one just for a small handful of games. I'd rather they be ported forward. That should be the standard to begin with; keep things in easy access for everything. Also "just play the original" completely misses the point. If I wanted to do that, I would do that. I want to play the remake.

I'm starting to think we won't see them at all. I'm sure Nintendo knows the demand is there, but at this point we're almost guaranteed to just see the ogs in GC NSO or something. Which would be lame.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
When Skyward Sword HD was announced, I think the chances of The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD coming to the Switch fell off a cliff, solely for marketing reasons. There was no chance they were going to squeeze them in between SSHD and Tears of the Kingdom (I still love both those games as well so I didn't have any issues with it). Now that TotK has come around, I feel they may as well wait for the next console at this point? (As much as that pains me to say). I would still happily accept them in open arms.

When Metroid Prime Remastered was announced, I got the impression that Gamecube games wouldn't be coming to NSO. They prefer to release those game for full price. When The Thousand-Year Door was announced, that idea was cemented to me.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
They will either become swan songs for the Switch or dual-pack launch titles for Switch 2.

But who really knows.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
This is the last year for them to come to Switch.

If we're not getting them this year, then I prefer that Nintendo save them until they have a system capable of 4K resolution.
This is Nintendo we're talking about. I dunno if I can see them jumping to 4k for at least another two console generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom