• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WTF is Wrong with Tingle?

Punktion2

The Everchosen
What I really want to know is how Tingle got so messed up? How could Nintendo invent such a character. Tingle sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Ah, Tingle. I mean, he can be annoying, and totally copied Link's style, but he is not that bad. Just a lovable guy who wants to be a fairy. :)

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Well if you mean from MM he is annoying old and UGLY. If you mean from WW Hes annoying has no manners and is PRICY. That is the issues with Tingle

but... but... I love tingle!! I know he is sorta a creepy old guy, *stands up on chair and starts giving an inspiring speech* but he has dream he is never gonna give up! We should all look up to him, and fallow your dreams just as he! :')

Djinn

and Tonic
I think a large part of the aggression is that this strange guy in the green tights that jumps around tossing glitter and simultaneously charging insane prices for chart translation has become a recurring character in many sequels. While other more likable characters or fan favorites have only made their one appearance and are still so far never to be seen again. I am certain every time Tingle first appears in another sequel there is a Kafei or Shiek fan somewhere screaming to the heavens "Why can't my favorite character return?!" Now add the fact that Tingle has three spinoff games of his own and people who continue begging for the Sheikah to appear at least once might not get what they desire at all, the anger only gets worse.

He is genuinely set up to not be a likable character, either through overcharging for charts or appearing to steal force gems, he is a nuisance for the player each time he appears. On top of the very odd behavior and demeanor make him out to be a relatively creepy individual and makes people question why was he added to the game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
What I really want to know is how Tingle got so messed up? How could Nintendo invent such a character. Tingle sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(

I agree with you. But, as much as I hate him, I wouldn't say he "sucks"; he is good for comedic situations. Besides, without him, some abridgers like tauberpa wouldn't be as funny. I mean, watch this. I have to warn you people, this may be a bit... unsuitable fior the younger viewers.
[video=youtube;jSk4PzNU1i8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSk4PzNU1i8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
Tingle is the narrator in this episode. By the way, if you think this if funny, check out the rest of tauberpa's abridged videos.

Oh, yeah. This contains spoilers for any who havn't played Spirit Tracks.

But I like tingle, he's so cool! I actually believe he is links terminian counterpart, Link could also have ended up like that if he didn't get a fairy. I also love the fact that even though his dad is ashamed of Tingle, Tingle is selling maps 24/7 to help his dad out.

Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

Basically it's just a poor cultural translation, while we may hate tingle here in Canada and in the states, the japanese love him.
Another good example of this is the ever lovable Maes Hughes the from FullMetal Alchemist while the majority of Canadians love him the Japanese don't.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Tingle isn't a bad character, he's just very original. He's meant for you to remember, and to stick out.

Who do you remember better? The goofy fella in the green tights with red underwear, or some guy who sells you bombs? All characters are unique, but Tingle has that extra shine.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Like all people, he's unique. But in a more different way than people would imagine. He kind of seems like a imaginative and creative type of person, plus the annoying part, and that was intentional.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Basically it's just a poor cultural translation, while we may hate tingle here in Canada and in the states, the japanese love him.
Another good example of this is the ever lovable Maes Hughes the from FullMetal Alchemist while the majority of Canadians love him the Japanese don't.

Huh?!? But... Why? Maes Hughes is awesome! He's a great character in Fullmetal Alchemist. Too bad he- Oh, wait! That's a spoiler! Sorry, folks.
Hmm. Guess it is just a poor cultural translation thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom