• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wreck It Ralph

I was wondering how many of you have actually heard about this upcoming Disney movie. I rarely watch movies nowadays especially animated ones but this one actually has my attention. The premise is simply but if pulled off right could be very engaging. Essentially it's about a popular arcade villain-wreck It Ralph-hence the title's namesake who decides to ditch his position as a villain and tries to do some good for once. Other iconic baddies such as Bowser from Super Mario Bros. and M. Bison from Street Fighter also appear in the film.

What are your thought on this movie? Does its premise interest you? Could it possibly be a movie based on a videogame that actually succeeds unlike *cough*The Super Mario Bros. Movie*cough*?

Here is the released trailer:

[video=youtube;btB8tb8fLYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB8tb8fLYM[/video]

Don't be hating on the Mario movie. ;)

I think Wreck It Ralph looks god awful. I'm only interested in seeing how big a role the other characters play but i think for the most part they're just going to be background eye candy that will distract geeks and in the end may as well have not been there. I think its a cheep ploy to use and an underhanded way for Disney to draw in a couple more hundred viewers. If ever I see this movie it'll be on DVD on fast forward and I won't have bought it.

Dan

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. Didn't think it was going to be you dr moo.
Anyway this really sparks my interest as Disney somehow acquired characters such as Bowser , chun-li , dr eggman etc.

The only aspect of the movie that so far annoys me is zangief being a bad guy. He's not a bad guy , honestly Disney just because he's from russia doesn't make him a bad person. I doubt we will see much of Bowser and co as Disney most likely got those characters just so they could make a good trailer with the bad guys. I'm dying to find out what other video game characters will appear in the movie.

The story itself seems rather simple. It doesn't really interest me too much. The main draw of this movie for me is how it will perceive video games in general. I'm also hoping for some humor us gamers can all relate too. Oh and Dan Hibiki should be in this he's a video game character disney ;)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I can only imagine how hard it was for Disney to get all the rights for those characters.

It does seem promising, but I'd be lying if I said I thought it wan't a cheap move by Disney to amplify sales.

The trailer seemed promising enough. I can't say I've enjoyed most of what Disney has been involved with in recent years though. I'm worried they might just pander to the ''gamer'' audience a little too much with this. Hopefully I'm wrong and it turns out good.

Fig

The Altruist
I find it very interesting that iconic bad guys like Bowser and Dr. Robotnik appear on the film. The trailer looks very promising and I can't wait to see the movie!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have heard of it and will be watching it. I want to see what other characters are in the film from other games, and since Dr Eggman and Bison are in it I will be watching it anyway. It looks like great fun.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Looks funny. Like a classic Disney movie.

I like the part where Bowser coughs up fire balls and the Pacman Ghost turns Blue.

Last edited:
I'll most likely be going to watch it when it comes out. I'm surprised Disney had the finances to pay for the rights to all those characters. It probably cost a mint.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I've heard of it a while ago and i'm actually pretty pumped for it it looks like it's going to be a great movie! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom