• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wow

I just beat Spirit Tracks, and only one word can describe it...epic. I didn't think it would ever be possible, but Spirit Tracks' final boss battle has managed to top The Wind Waker's for my favorite Zelda final boss. The whole ending was amazing... Each phase of the final battles was brilliantly played out, and the difficulty was just right. The story was amazing, and it actually brought tears to my eyes. Or maybe it was the music...or a combination of the two. But the music... Never have I heard such epic and varied music in a Zelda ending. Nintendo mixed new and old perfectly to make pure nostalgic bliss. I'll admit that I didn't believe that the ending could possibly be so amazing without Ganon, but, boy, I was wrong. Malladus wasn't just another generic throwaway villain like Bellum. When I saw his final form, my jaw dropped... I applaud Nintendo for making such an epic adventure this time around. Never did I imagine that a handheld Zelda game could reach the epicness of a console Zelda game. Now, looking towards Zelda Wii, I am extremely excited and very optimistic. Wii MotionPlus is a big plus (no pun intended), and the best graphics on Wii yet will be amazing, but Zelda Wii still has a lot to live up to if it's going to top Link's most recent adventure. Ah, well. Only time will tell now. Waiting for E3 2010 is torture!! I guess it's back to finishing all of Spirit Tracks' side-quests and timeline theorizing again. I also have Scribblenauts and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to play... I have a feeling I'll be playing Spirit Tracks a little more, though. XD

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
My brother and I are getting Spirit Tracks and probably going to play nonstop because we hear it is one heck of a good game. At first when I heard a new Zelda game for the DS I thought it'd be a joke, since I can't really handle Phantom Hourglass without being upset. D: It isn't my favorite of all time games. The way you describe the game, sounds very, very, VERY fun. Something every Zelda fan should get. At least they should try it BEFORE judging it. (:

Waiting for E3 2010 is torture!! I guess it's back to finishing all of Spirit Tracks' side-quests and timeline theorizing again. I also have Scribblenauts and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to play... I have a feeling I'll be playing Spirit Tracks a little more, though. XD

Agreed! I really want to see how Zelda Wii will turn out. Come on be 2010 already. LOL. I wonder if the fairy on the possible cover could be that queen fairy from Wind Waker. I love the fairies in Wind Waker. I love Wind Waker for sure, one of the favorite games. After all, WW was in fact, the first Zelda game I had beaten.

Agreed! I really want to see how Zelda Wii will turn out. Come on be 2010 already. LOL. I wonder if the fairy on the possible cover could be that queen fairy from Wind Waker. I love the fairies in Wind Waker. I love Wind Waker for sure, one of the favorite games. After all, WW was in fact, the first Zelda game I had beaten.

She's the Master Sword, not the Fairy Queen. It's been hinted at by Miyamoto and Aonuma numerous times. =p

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I actually thought the final boss was fairly easy. The first part where you prtecting Zelda might take a while, but you won't die while doing it. The second was a little disapionting for me, you don't even fight him really, you just lure away, not to mention he only takes 7 hits to kill.

A fun battle, just not a hard one. Chancellor Cole and the train were much harder.

It was a pretty epic ending, for sure. But I wouldn't say it was my favorite Zelda game; OoT will keep that title for now.
You're right about the music, though. It was a lot more impressive than the music in PH, and blended new songs and old remixed ones pretty well. I'm glad they kept Linebeck's theme in it =D.
Funnily enough, though, I had the most trouble getting rid of all of the exploding trains at the very beginning of the Dark World. The actual Demon Train and Malladus fights were pretty easy, I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom