• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Would You Understand if ZeldaU Was Postponed?

Deeds

no text
So, quite recently at a Nintendo Direct for the Wii U, Wind Waker HD was announced as a game to bridge the gap between Zelda U and the release of the Wii U. If you want to be cynical about it, you could think that WWHD is just an excuse for the possible lateness of ZeldaU. It also gives Nintendo a reason for it being late, if it is.
The question is, would you be annoyed, upset, angry about it being late? Or would you understand?

I think I'd be quite annoyed, I don't like it when games get postponed, especially if they've released a game to bridge a gap between its release. It's kind of obvious if it does happen.
What do you think?

All I've been wanting from Nintendo are remakes since Ww was the last game i truly enjoyed and everything before and after TP from Wind Waker onwards has just disappointed me, so nintendo making an HD updated version WW on the WiiU is bigger news for me than an original game that i dont have any faith in at all. I hope to be blown away by ZeldaU but i dont expect to be given Nintendo's recent run of disappointing me.

I'll understand if it does get delayed because im not really waiting for it, but Aonuma did sound to be having some problems with it, so I'll expect it to take longer than originally mentioned but still, it isn't going to bother me. I'll have WWHD.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmmmm

Tbh I didn't think we were going to get any news until at least E3 so even the fact that they mentioned it makes me surprised :) I think that WW3D was certainly released to not just celebrate its 10th year anniversary but to also to help with the wait as well as to support the Wii U's library. Imo I still think Zelda Wii U will be released around late 2014 to 2015 but that's pleasable and the fact that they mentioned it and some of the change's in gameplay in early 2013 makes me very optimistic that not only will we get to see a tra5 at E3 but maybe we will get a reasonable release date :)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
No, I'd understand all right.

I'd understand that Nintendo pisses on it's fans and feels they mean nothing!

Just kidding. But I can understand the logistics, but I wouldn't be happy.

The exact reason WWHD was confirmed was to keep us occupied while they continue their work on Zelda Wii U. Maybe they could of went a different route then WWHD like MM3D or a entirely new game, but that's just me. I don't mind there being delays since I'm very calm when it comes to releases generally. I'm not really that fanatic about Zelda Wii U right now so I'm not bothered by it at the moment.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well I imagine a lot of time will be wasted trying to keep the game non-linear without it falling apart, so I'm expecting it at this point.

I don't know that The Wind Waker HD is actually going to delay Zelda Wii U on its own, so the announcement of it doesn't give me much concern. If Zelda Wii U clearly needs more trial and error and the release date is pushed back as a result, all the more respect to Nintendo. I'd rather they push a game back years if necessary than rush out a buggy, flawed product. Of course, what exactly they're spending the extra development time on draws concern. If they're using it to force unnecessary gameplay gimmicks that are just as likely to divide fans as please them, then they don't need to be pushing back the release date. If something in the game isn't quite working right or they need more time to perfect a certain area, then they should take their time.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I wouldn't just understand if Nintendo delayed ZeldaU, I expect them to given their previous MO.

And if there's one singular thing that irritates me about gamers, is their tendency to pitch a fit whenever a high profile release is delayed. This has done nothing but put pressure on developers to slap together their products and rush them half finished, buggy, or unrefined out the door asap. It doesn't help that publishers really like this as well, since they are given more reason to crack their whips more so the money starts flowing in that much sooner. Many otherwise great games have been ruined if only they had been permitted a few more months of development.

So, my statement to Zelda fans. DON'T COMPLAIN IF ZELDAU IS DELAYED!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! I don't usually resort to begging but this time I mean it.

And if they do, I hope Nintendo doesn't let it pressure them. Some of the greatest Zelda titles have been delayed more than once in their development history. And they only have greatness to show for it. I think we can all wait a few months longer for that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
New Zelda's are always postponed. ALWAYS!
^ That is pretty much true, with the exception of Majora's Mask and maybe the DS games. Even though I dislike Nintendo taking time on their Zelda projects (because as this point, they're still stuck in "experimentation" phase rather than improving), I totally understand that a new title takes time to get the groundwork laid out [or maybe it doesn't...OoT already exists :right: ], and then some extra time to make sure controls are solid enough for a typical player to enjoy, and THEN some to polish the content ingame.

Well I imagine a lot of time will be wasted trying to keep the game non-linear without it falling apart, so I'm expecting it at this point.
Examples of non-linear games that fall apart? :brow:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Examples of non-linear games that fall apart? :brow:

I found LoZ-LA to be pretty weak titles overall. There's also fitting in story, diverse puzzles, increasing difficulty, and trying to max out the games potential with so many limitations.

I'd understand. I'd rather they work a long time to make the best product...although honestly, SS took 5 years in development and MM took 1 year, yet the latter was hardly inferior. If they're gonna have to take until 2016 or whatever, they should whet our apetite with HD remakes of all the previous 3D Zeldas in the meantime.

I'll completely understand. I bought a Wii U for the sole purpose of playing a new Zelda game at some point in its lifetime. I won't mind an extra wait for the developers to perfect it!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I found LoZ-LA to be pretty weak titles overall. There's also fitting in story, diverse puzzles, increasing difficulty, and trying to max out the games potential with so many limitations.

Guild Wars 2 is a VERY non-linear game; story follows a somewhat linear path (with forks in the road, occasionally), but you can travel literally anywhere you so desire without progressing in the story. Simply carry over the typical MMORPG style of things to Zelda and bam, you have a non-linear, great game.

Nintendo can't afford another long, drawn-out development period. They're going to have to make a game that doesn't overreach its strengths and focuses on the goods so it doesn't cost them way more than it's going to bring in and can be released in a timely manner to drive the install base and software sales by the end of 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom