• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Would You Rather Have...?

Personally i am super psyched about WWHD being released on the WiiU, there are so many great things that are going to look stunning and quests like the pictobox/nintendo gallery are lengthy enough to make me play the game for another ten years...

Yet WW has had some hard knocks, perhaps more so than any other Zelda because of its art style and then its overworld and gameplay. All of these old complaints are more than likely to come back to the forefront when the update is released in the fall.

so, that being said. Is WW the one you would have updated and sent marching to the WiiU software shelf? Aonuma said that WW is a wonderful introduction to the series for new gamers, I don't really agree with this (save that for another thread), but htis begs the question as to why you would release your chosen updated Zelda game on wiiU.

Which Zelda game would you update and release on the WiiU if not WWHD and why?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd personally keep it as WWHD; I can't see TWW hitting portables (just doesn't have the portable vibe, y'know?). But, if there was any other game I'd have updated...it's definitely Twilight Princess. That game was far too blurry for its own good. And, even though I liked the colors, I felt the game was a bit too dark and depressing as far as palette goes. Visuals and coloring could use a huge boost.

Aside from that? Difficulty within the game would be MUCH appreciated, actual content in Hyrule Field, and a lot more. Oh, add in that MAGIC METER that they scrapped! :D

I think Nintendo nailed it perfectly with The Wind Waker HD. While the graphics aren't nearly as cel shaded as before and Majora's Mask is next in chronological progression, The Wind Waker is easily one of the more accessible, vibrant, and emotional adventures. I wonder what newer players will think of the ending-always has been one of my favorites.

Deep down, my pampered self desired an HD collection including both N64 games, TWW, and TP but this will suffice.

Oh man, I'm a redundant fellow... but... I would not port ANYTHING to the Wii U. I don't care about new gamers getting introduced to the series. I care about getting new games. New games that are awesome. So, were I in Aonuma and Miyamoto's place, I would not waste effort on a freaking port of a game I'd already released and instead direct one hundred percent, nay TEN hundred percent of my attention towards developing a new amazing entry for the Zelda series. But maybe that's just me... maybe there really is a market to be had for rehashing... I dunno.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i would prefer MM because its a great game and i'd like to be able to play through it again while being re-impressed with the game. although i am not opposed to WWHD because i hope the updated graphics will make the game more likable for me. my main complaint about the game originally was the graphics.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The one and only

An HD Majora's Mask, as that fake trailer got some hyped up for. This game deserves and desperately needs a resurrection. I know people would love it. The dreaded Fierce Deity battling Majora IN HD! would be an unimaginable wonder.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Deep down, my pampered self desired an HD collection including both N64 games, TWW, and TP but this will suffice.

Oh man, I totally forgot about the fan treat that would be Ocarina of Time HD. I would personally have OoTHD just because I could -- the game performs excellently on 3DS but to have it in anti-aliased HD visuals on Wii U? That would be absolutely killer.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Actually, I'm very happy that Wind Waker is being redone in HD. It was a beautiful game before, and it looks even more stunning now.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
WWHD was definitely a shock, but a good shock :)

It just seemed right! With the Wii U being released it now pushes the GC behind another generation making it a lot tougher to actually get a copy of the game...not to mention the price :/ With a lot of classic's like LoZ, AlttP, LA, OoT and MM all being available either on Virtual Console or E-shop it makes them easily accessible to someone who has an internet connection! There is also the fact that many Wii owners will within a year own a Wii U and due to the backwards compatibility to the Wii, it will lead to a lot of sales of the Wii and since the Wii U cant support GC games this may also limit the access to WWHD.

This is why I was so happy when WWHD got announced for Wii U because now I know I will be able to experience this great agem again! But not just the average WW this is WWHD, a remake...so I expect to see some changes and I can't wait to get sailing the Great Sea<3

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I would have shrugged off the Wii U entirely and made an MM 3DS release. Despite my past claims that it would never happen due to marketing, I still think it would have been a better choice than tWW on the Wii U. The fact that OoT 3DS was a handheld, came from way outdated graphics, and featured 2 games made it worth the $40. Wind Waker doesn't have an MQ and if it's get released by fall, I don't think they're gonna one. The old graphics aren't that outdated...particularly compared to this. And its still on a console. So...really...it's just slightly updated graphics IMO. Not worth the $60 typical of a new Wii U game.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, I would love a MM upgrade, but I'd prefer to see that one released on the 3DS rather than the WiiU (it's just more fitting to have OoT and MM together on the same console). So for the WiiU, I'm pretty content with WW getting an upgrade.

None to be honest. I was hoping Nintendo kept remakes away from the Wii U and focus on new games, alas this is not the case anymore =/. The only Zelda game that comes to mind is Majora's Mask, but I want that for the 3DS. In all honesty MM3D, a game that alot of fans showed their support for rightfully should of been announced instead of WWHD.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
TP, because:

1. I like it.
2. MM needs to be saved for the 3DS.
3. It's already halfway there.
4. The colors got a bit muddled on the Wii.
5. Because it was made for the Gamecube initially, it, like WW, had a few rough edges (literally) which could have been smoothed out.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I'd say I'm happy with WWHD, OoTHD would be cool, but not plausible, considering it just recently got released on the 3DS. But my personal choice, and this will surprise many, would be TPHD. Now as you all know, I'm a pretty harsh critic of TP, but I think that with a few modifications, TPHD could become my favorite Zelda. TP's graphics, while dull imo, could be amazing looking in HD with a slightly lighter tone. That's one thing, another thing they would need is to make it more challenging, i know WW's easy too, but TP was just so much more easy to me. Especially the bosses. I have other complaints... er, suggestions, but won't post em here. :D
Overall though, i'm thrilled with WWHD and I can hardly wait for it.

The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword are the only games I can see worth keeping on a console, and I think Majora's Mask should be remade for the 3DS so it fits in line Ocarina of Time 3D. Skyward Sword, being the latest game in the series, is far too recent, and the only real motivation I would have to put it on the Wii U would be so that people who don't care for motion controls could use the Game Pad instead. I would have to go with the one Zelda game I haven't played, Four Swords Adventures. The benefit to it would be that it would allow Nintendo to experiment with making four GamePads usable with the Wii U. It introduces the game to people who didn't have the chance to play it, and it helps Nintendo improve their system. The only downside is that we would have to wait longer for a new game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom