• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'd rather be deaf i think because most of my socialization is via the internet currently and i feel like becoming deaf would interfere with that less

This is kind of an ableist question, to be honest. It's essentially asking people the quantify who has it better/worse, which is kind of mean to those who have these conditions.

That said, my hearing is probably my strongest sense and I would be sad to give it up. In theory, I would say I would rather go blind because of this--but even though my vision is terrible, I can still see things at least, and losing the ability to perceive light would be... horrible. It's just a realization how much we take our senses for granted. I would probably choose deafness after some thought though, just because of how constantly one born with the ability to see relies on and uses it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was going to say blind, seeing as being deaf would make it much harder for me to pursue my music career, but then I remembered seeing a deaf singer on the internet who wrote songs and made it to the America's Got Talent finals, meaning giving up music is not necessarily something I would have to do.

If I am being honest though, while being deaf would be easier to deal with, I cannot imagine being unable to physically hear music anymore. It would be devastating to me.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I was going to say blind, seeing as being deaf would make it much harder for me to pursue my music career, but then I remembered seeing a deaf singer on the internet who wrote songs and made it to the America's Got Talent finals, meaning giving up music is not necessarily something I would have to do.

If I am being honest though, while being deaf would be easier to deal with, I cannot imagine being unable to physically hear music anymore. It would be devastating to me.
Im deaf and i hear music thru my hearing aids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom