• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Leave Your Home to Escape Death?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I was talking to someone who made me think about this question recently. They said that although they thought they might die, they would remain in their home country because it was their home, and they wouldn't leave even if it meant dying.

Now, myself, I don't truly understand that. I would be reluctant to leave my country or my home under normal circumstances, but if I thought I would die if I stayed here... I would certainly leave, and hopefully take as many friends/family with me as possible. The idea of leaving my home behind would be sad, but not to the point I would die to stay there.

I personally view it the same way I view the idea of abandoning a sinking ship. I don't see any honor in going down with the ship... I think it's better to get as many people off as possible.

How do you feel about this? Would you rather die for your home, or escape to have a chance at life elsewhere?

Well I would leave my home country if it meant life over death. Your final question though seems to ask something different than the rest of it, or maybe that's just how I read it.

No questions asked. I would definitely leave and take as many people with me as possible (if possible). Honor? Hunh, I'm a nobody. How would I be recognized for my honor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom