• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would/has anybody name/named their kids Link or Zelda?

I'd be down to get a dog or cat and name them Zelda or Link depending on the sex of the pet. They're essentially "kids" :P

I actually met a family that was really into the Zelda fandom. They saw me in cosplay and introduced me to their two daughters. One was named Zelda and the other Luna.

Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda after the Legend of Zelda. I would not be surprised if more people have done the same. Both are real names, so even without the context of the series, it's not too strange. Zelda is short for Griselda, and Link is short for Lincoln.
Yeah, I know about the Robin Williams thing, but I wonder if anyone else has considered it.

I don't think it's that uncommon for people to name kids after stuff they like.
184fd16ebf.png

I named one of my chickens Midna. I have pretty much named all of my pets after fictional characters. I don't think it would be weird, as long as the name wouldn't interfere with a kids life.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I would consider it if I ever have kids. I love the name Link, and Zelda is really pretty as well. Plus they're both normal names anyways, so people won't necessarily associate them with the series.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I wouldn't name my son Link. I dont think it is a good name really and it wouldn't sound nice with my surname. If I wanted a name from the series to call my child I would consider Zelda for a girl.

Midna is also lovely but I think best suited for a cat. If I get a girl cat I might call her midna.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I guess Link is pretty cute but Zelda...nah. But Link would BE SO ADORABLE. I'd probably call my daughter Midna or something heh, I prefer it.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
Im pretty sure if I could rename my daughter I would name her Navi, cuz she never stops talking!

Zelda is an uncommon, but not unheard of name. Is the name so associated with the video game that it would be hard to name a child Zelda without many people assuming a connection? I've known several Marios, but in my adult life, and have never thought Super. But would a kid growing up now associate the names regardless?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I convinced my wife a while back that our first girl will be named Hylia. She asked me where the name came from because it was beautiful and I told here it was a lake that I loved (the namesake, not the goddess). I think it's a beautiful name. My son's name is Silas which means "man of the forest" which really reminds me of Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom