• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst TV show finale?

funnier6

Courage~
Sometimes we get a great finale that ties up all the loose ends and let's us say goodbye to the characters in a meaningful way.

And other times it's a complete disaster made all the worse by the fact there's no new season to remedy it.

Has TV ever disappointed you with a lackluster finale? Or worse just didn't have a finale at all?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
True Blood. I really loved that series up until the end. Unfortunately final season turned out to be far inferior to the others and the ending sucked big time.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Primeval is one I can think of and Emerald City ..... they set it up for a new series but it never comes.....hate that!!!

Stargate Atlantis, the entire 5th (and final) season did everything wrong.

Seasons 1-4 were fine. Season 5 undid all of the hard work of the previous seasons and left a sour final taste. A shame, since seasons 1-4 are probably the best of any Stargate show.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Lost! What a waste of my life I'm so glad I stopped watching after season 2 because the finale was the most disappointing thing they could have done

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The ones that don't have a finale episode. They just end.

"Get Smart!", a funny 60s t.v show that I still enjoy had a very sad ending. I mean sad, as in dissappointing

Ninja

Well well well
That 70's Show was pretty rough. Hell, the entire last season of that show really rubbed me the wrong way. Damn you Topher for leaving it for Spiderman!

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
That 70's Show was pretty rough. Hell, the entire last season of that show really rubbed me the wrong way. Damn you Topher for leaving it for Spiderman!

Meh, while the last season was certainly the worst, I liked the finale. Randy was gone and Eric came back (even if it was just at the very end). The very last scene was reminiscent of the rest of the show, which I thought was a nice touch. With how bad the rest of the last season was compared to the rest of the show, I don't think they could have made a better finale than that.

Dexter had a pretty bad finale. I really didn't like what they did with his character at the very end. Things seemed kinda rushed and some things that happened didn't really make a lot of sense.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I haven't watched a lot of shows through the very end, but of the ones I have, the finale of Lost comes to mind.

Lost was really good up until about the 5th season, but the 6th season went downhill. They did some interesting things in the final season, but I hated the finale. I won't go into spoilers in case there are people here who watch it, but it just... wasn't good. A lot of people liked it, but I hated what they did and how they concluded the story.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I forgot about how I met your mother that was a giant disappointment they just didn't even bother trying

I saw the IT Crowd final episode recently, i didnt know it even existed but my god now that I do I wish I didnt.

It was the worst piece of TV i've seen in a very long time, soured the memory of the show too and pretty much insulted it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The final of Haven. The whole show was damn good and they worked up to something spectacular in the last two seasons but then the final episode... They made a good ending itself but one thing that absolutely couldn't happen, did happen. So they work hard to undo something and to end the cycle...only to make it happen again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom