• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst disease you've had

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I had a stomach virus when I was a wee lad and it lasted a few weeks but I haven't really had anything that has lasted longer than that.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i caught some sort of upper respiratory infection at the tail end of my semester in spain that thought it would be cool to hang around for four or five months. coughing incessantly at all times of day and night was super great.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Ummm I'd probably say influenza B, I had a temp of 105 Fahrenheit and my body literally wouldn't let me move my arms and they got stuck in a position like i was doing the chicken dance, my throat started to close up on me, and general coughing and such.
It took a good 2-3 weeks to get better where I missed some very important things.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Hmm there have been a few times I've been really ill but I suppose the worst was lung infections. The first time when I was 14 I had a cough which would not **** off for 4 or 5 months. I was so ill with it and they kept misdiagnosing it as all these different things, and made me more ill by giving me the wrong medication. I had 3 sets of wrong medication. One of them meant I couldn't keep food down and I lost weight drastically. The second time was more recently, last November I had another awful cough and because I was really stressed at that time it, again, just wouldn't **** off and just got worse. They said I had bronchitis and I guess they were right because the medication they gave me got rid of it but I was ill for like 2 months.

I hardly get sick. My worst illness is food poison. I've had it more than once in my life. You just curl into a ball and pray for death.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I currently have, and had since a child a form of Chronic bronchitis. Of which, during change of seasons, I wouldn't be able to breathe and am sometimes hospitalized. Even on some regular days, I find it tough to breathe.

I also have tendinitis as well. Which effects my hands and wrists, and it hurts a ton as well. This is especially bad when playing my instrument on bad days, or even playing games.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Few years ago, I had really bad times. Since I have first type diabetes and I was rather young and careless, I got ketoacidosis. I was in state of near death, my body hurt like hell and everything was just foggy. I needed ambulance to get hospital and spent about two weeks in hsopital recorvering. I lost about 15 kg weight.
But I recorvered and I'm well now.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I got lyme disease when I was pretty young. It was awful… I don't really remember how long it lasted, I'm guessing a few weeks.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've been lucky to have never been extremely sick for a long period of time. When I was born, I had fluid trapped in my lungs, so there's that. I also had a bad case of chicken pox when I was maybe three years of age, so naturally I do not remember much of it.

I guess I would say it was when I was in kindergarten, I had my first allergic reaction. It lasted for over a week and I was itchy and puffy everywhere, especially on my arms and legs.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I don't get sick often, but when I do, I get sick.

I had bursitis in my right shoulder a few years ago. It really hurt when I tried to lift my arm and it made doing a lot of things excruciating, since I'm right-handed. I had it for quite a while, about a month because I mistook it for a regular shoulder pain at first.

I also had strep throat during one summer. It was horrible; I didn't want to eat or drink because I would dread swallowing and the sharp pain that came along with it. I had that for maybe 2-3 weeks.

More recently I had a stubborn cough. I'm not sure what it was, but it lasted for at least 3 weeks. I took some medication for it first that didn't work. I was then prescribed more powerful medication which worked.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm not really one to get diseases. Beyond the occasional cold (like every 3 months or so), I almost never get sick. I have a really good immune system.

That said, nobody has gone their whole life without some form of illness, so obviously I have had something. I don't remember it at all but apparently I got chicken pox when I was really little. That's something all my sisters went through, so my parents were expecting it and knew what to do.

I came down with appendicidis when I was 10. The stomach pains were unbearable. We were told I was going to need surgery, but we didn't have a qualified surgeon in my town, so I got rushed to the nearest city that did (which is about an hour drive). Ended up spending the night in the hospital. Thankfully, my appendix decided to start working again so surgery was not needed. But that truly was an agonizing night.

Most recently, I got strep throat last summer. I remember the throat pains really well, it's not something I ever want to go through again. I made sure to swallow as little as possible, and to do that, I stopped eating as much as I normally would, and I tried to avoid hard food at all costs. It took about 2 weeks to go away, and it was not a fun 2 weeks, especially since I still had to go to work.

I'm grateful to have never come down with anything super serious. I had a close call with measles one time, but I got vaccinated just in time to avoid it (I was directly exposed to the disease prior to vaccination so it's a wonder how I didn't get it).

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Most recently, I got strep throat last summer. I remember the throat pains really well, it's not something I ever want to go through again. I made sure to swallow as little as possible, and to do that, I stopped eating as much as I normally would, and I tried to avoid hard food at all costs. It took about 2 weeks to go away, and it was not a fun 2 weeks, especially since I still had to go to work.

I got strep throat several times as a kid and in general whenever I get a cold I get a terrible sore throat almost every time. So bad that it's truly agony to swallow, so I know how you felt. I've found that Halls cough drops and popsicles work the best when it comes to relieving sore throat pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom