• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Worst Case Scenario For Zelda Wii U

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
And why does that matter? As you said before, Majoras mask, wind waker(I have a feeling you don't like that game much though) AND skyward all had backlash... What was one thing that all these games had in common though? Fun, creative, unique and amazing experiences. Yeah sure, at first no one likes it, but after time it turns out these are some of the best Zelda games.

I'm GLAD that Nintendo hasn't given up being unique and creative. But sadly, it seems they just moved the unique and creative side to the art style(for the most part).Just look at Majoras mask. Its a beautiful game, not artistically necessarily(except for that tree, so beautiful T_T *sniff*), but game play wise and character wise. It was very challenging and enjoyable.

So you know what Nintndo should do for the next game? Take a risk. Take a risk on the story, on game-play, and the characters, puzzles, art style(which they tend to do a lot already) everything. They can still make it feel like Zelda by keeping core elements. Like the exploration, music, magic and humor. Backlash is created by either too much change or too much the same. I would much rather have too much change then no backlash at all from little change. If the series wants to move on, its important to take that risk and hope for the best.

I know, right? Companies fearing backlash is why the currently ending generation was so dull and boring. They stopped being creative and pumped out the same lazy ****, often annually. Modern game developers have forgotten what the heart and soul of video games is: wit. Games are supposed to have wit to them, otherwise known as innovation and creativity. They're supposed to stand out with their own identity, not conform to the patterns set by whatever mainstream thought process there happens to be. As I've touched on in a different thread, that was one of the main problems with Twilight Princess. Nintendo got scared and gave into fan demands for a "darker, more mature Zelda" after the "kiddy" The Wind Waker. In the process, they took a more mainstream approach with the design, taking out part of Zelda's wit in the process. It's very refreshing to see Nintendo have stepped away from that immediately after with the next three games, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword, not to mention stepping further and further away from it with each consecutive release. I hope to see them get even MORE creative with Zelda 3DS and Wii U. They shouldn't be afraid to think outside the box and be... well, "Japanese" with it. After all, it is a Japanese franchise.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
They really need to make the bosses more elaborate. Imagine that your fighting a dragon, still with me? K, if you fight long enough then the dragon will without warning gobble you up! Then you go through the beasts insides to escape, just like Jabu-Jabu. The monsters insides would attack you, there would be tentacles or lava and timers to do things. The monsters insides WOULD be the dungeon AND the boss. At first you think "Oh a dragon... DIE RAGON!" and then your eaten and then you think "Was that supposed to happen. Basically they need to make Zelda more diverse and realistic. If you attack a guard, he will kill you! You wont win against a guard, and in the future you wont mess with him. Things like the paying rupees to the lady if you broke her pots (SS) she makes you pay he random amounts that can be as much as 200 rupees! And where Beetle drops you if you don't buy anything (also SS). These things make a good game. Is the dragon going to sit there and do the same thing again and again? No!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
They really need to make the bosses more elaborate. Imagine that your fighting a dragon, still with me? K, if you fight long enough then the dragon will without warning gobble you up! Then you go through the beasts insides to escape, just like Jabu-Jabu. The monsters insides would attack you, there would be tentacles or lava and timers to do things. The monsters insides WOULD be the dungeon AND the boss. At first you think "Oh a dragon... DIE RAGON!" and then your eaten and then you think "Was that supposed to happen. Basically they need to make Zelda more diverse and realistic. If you attack a guard, he will kill you! You wont win against a guard, and in the future you wont mess with him. Things like the paying rupees to the lady if you broke her pots (SS) she makes you pay he random amounts that can be as much as 200 rupees! And where Beetle drops you if you don't buy anything (also SS). These things make a good game. Is the dragon going to sit there and do the same thing again and again? No!

:mellow:

Uhhhh...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
@Fiery Klongo

...If you can't win against a guard, how would Link get past the first dungeon?

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
I wonder...if skyward sword's controls were used in the first 3d Zelda, would people dislike a change from that to controls like Oot or MM or WW?
Also, worst case scenario: they make a game that is NOTHING like the other zeldas(change isn't bad, but complete change is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom