• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Worried Zelda Wii U Will Be Rushed

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
As you may know, Miyamoto confirmed that Zelda Wii U could of been shown at E3 2013 and it's further along in development than people think, at the Nintendo January Direct Nintendo confirmed that they are still looking at what art style Zelda Wii U should have, it's very possible that they found the right art style for it. Zelda Wii U probably started development around E3 2011, yet it was confirmed in January that it was in the "concept stage", but I guess that didn't mean what we all thought it meant.

Super Mario 3D World will be released later this year and it looks very good, but some (including myself) is disappointed it took the 3D Land way and not a 64/Sunshine/Galaxy's like we all hoped it would be, I don't know if either Nintendo thought it was a right idea, or possible Super Mario 3D World started on the 3DS but than moved to Wii U because the Wii U needed a 3D Mario game this Holiday, and 3D World is pretty much 3D Land which is pretty much a 3D version of Super Mario Bros.

I'm worried they might take that same way with Zelda Wii U, especially seeing how it will have some sort of multiplayer.

I really want Zelda Wii U to be the Zelda game fans have been wanting, and not the 3D version of Four Swords with levels as it's first Zelda.

What do you guys think?

I'm not particularly worried, since Nintendo isn't really known for rushing their products much (actually, in some ways they may stall too much). They occasionally make poor design choices, but that doesn't always mean the game was rushed.

That said, it's worth taking one of Aonuma's quotes into consideration. Miyamoto said they could have shown something about Zelda Wii U off at E3, while Aonuma says the game is still in the early development stages and that they have "[little] relevant to show". [EDIT: The exact quote is from Engadget; they were summarizing what Aonuma told them.] I doubt they could have even managed a vague trailer at E3 with that kind of description. Perhaps Aonuma is just more of a perfectionist and doesn't want to show off his work that early, or perhaps Miyamoto was just referring to showcasing a picture kind of like they did with Skyward Sword.

Any way you cut it, it doesn't sound like they'll rush Zelda Wii U much. Even though Aonuma once said he'd "think of something that could happen in three years" (starting late 2011), I have a feeling that deadline will get pushed back anyway because, frankly, that's Nintendo. We'll see what happens. I think we're getting pretty close to where a trailer could be released in the next few months, but I wouldn't expect a full gameplay montage, premise description, or general themes yet.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'll just go ahead and say, Nintendo hasn't screwed up for me enough to jump to this conclusion. Going off track record, the more realistic conclusion to jump to is Zelda U will be the same quality they always are. I mean, I didn't really like SS, but it was still a quality product.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not a single main entry of Zelda has been rushed, they just had elements that people disliked is all. That being said, we're not going to get multiplayer with Zelda U so don't expect anything like SM3DWorld to make its headway into LoZ. ;)

Was SS rushed? How about PH/ST? TP? TMC? Nope nope nope nope aaaaand nope. :) Nothing to fear, here.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm worried they might take that same way with Zelda Wii U, especially seeing how it will have some sort of multiplayer.

Actually, ZeldaU is probably not going to have multiplayer, according to Aonuma.

I do not honestly think that this game is going to be rushed. Nintendo has made several statements in the past on how they are taking the time to make this a one-of-a-kind Zelda game, which I trust that they are. I sincerely doubt that Nintendo would rush a game with such high expectations as this one, because they generally try not to disappoint fans. They know that we want an amazing game, so they will try their hardest to create an amazing game!

I do not believe that Nintendo would do with Zelda what they did with Mario. It makes sense with a series like Mario, but not Zelda. Plus, we have not heard that that is "the" 3D Mario game of this generation. There is still a possibility that they are working on a Super Mario Galaxyesque game, and are releasing Super Mario 3D World as a sort of filler, kind of like what they're doing with The Wind Waker HD.

I have faith in Nintendo. I think that they are in the process of developing a truly amazing Zelda game. They did not want to show it off at E3 because it would steal the show, so it must be a really good game. I have high hopes for this game, and I do not think Nintendo will rush it.

Salem

SICK
Not a single main entry of Zelda has been rushed, they just had elements that people disliked is all. That being said, we're not going to get multiplayer with Zelda U so don't expect anything like SM3DWorld to make its headway into LoZ. ;)

Was SS rushed? How about PH/ST? TP? TMC? Nope nope nope nope aaaaand nope. :) Nothing to fear, here.
I remember hearing that Wind Waker was rushed, I think the cut dungeons are evident of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom