• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Windows Live Messenger Taken Down!

I wasn't aware it was shut down. I haven't used it in years but for much of the last decade it was my main form of online communication.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I can't say I'm very concerned or upset about this as I knew it was gonna happen for quite some time now, also I haven't used Windows Live Messenger in forever for that matter, in the end I have Skype now and that's all I really need.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I used to use MSN/Live Messenger for years and years, was on it every single day, then one day I kinda stopped using it for whatever reason and used the FB chat instead, so I wasn't aware it had gone...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I remember a couple years ago when MSN Messenger was sitll a big thing. I used to talk to my dad over it, among with some friends. I loved the application, and honestly it performed 100x better than Skype ever will even in the face of lag. Sad to see it go :(

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I had a hotmail/messenger account. I never used the messenger part of the service and already have Skype account which I use instead. My hotmail was moved to outlook which is much better anyway, I'm not going to really miss it.

Dan

It's sad to see it go but the application became rather bloated and ad infest. Sort of like how skype I imagine is going to turn out now under microsofts care. :(
Like so many others it was a big thing back in high school and any online community, back then I rarely saw anyone that used skype.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I didn't even realize it was taken down. Man, I remember back a few years ago when having MSN was a big deal. Everyone used it to communicate. Because of Facebook and Skype, I haven't really used Windows Live Messenger in years. I guess it being shut down isn't really a big deal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom