• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Windfish Theory, Good or Evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Ok, this may sound a bit far-fetched, but here goes.

In one of the trailers for Skyward Sword, you see link and his Loftwing flying after a large flying whale. There are tentacles on this whale, with eyes on them, and they are waving about. I think that maybe the whale is the Windfish and instead of being a benevolent deity, he is actually and evil servant of Girahim/Girahim's master. Once you defeat the Windfish in SS the Goddess seals it deep at the bottom of the sea, where it sleeps for hundreds of years guarded by a being called "The Nightmare", until a little boy gets shipwrecked and knocked unconcious. He is technically "asleep" and the Windfish, sencing a power in him, draws the boy into his dream. This boy, Link, gets tricked by the Windfish into thinking he is the good guy and that "The Nightmare" is the bad guy. He does this by using a kind owl that helps him on his journey. When Link get's the the Egg of the Windfish, "The Nightmare" tries to stop him freeing the Windfish by using Links past memories against him, but to no avail. Links "corrupt" mind thinks that he has done good, by vanquishing the evil and freeing the good, but then the Windfish flies free, searching for the goddess so he can get his revenge...

Or in SS the "Windfish" we see is taken over by a monster. Please discuss and notify me of any errors I have accidently put into this post.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The Windfish is a good being, and it most likely isn't the servant of the goddess whale. And the Nightmares were evil, period. I mean, if they were good guys keeping an evil deity locked up, don't you think they would have tried to reason with Link? They had him trapped in his eternal sleep because they were a god in this world. And the last one of them even turned into Agahnim and Ganon! That whale is most likely the Servant of the Goddess, since the whale swallows her as she falls, and Ghirahim reacted violently when he says "that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away." If the whale is on Ghirahim's side, don't you think Debbie the Fabulous would already have Zelda in his clutches?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm pretty sure that the "Whale" you're talking about is the giant jelly-bean worm with legs that link has to fight, not the whale I'm talking about. I can't find the particular video, but this bit of news on ZD has the times for the one I'm talking about.http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/09/summary-and-analysis-3ds-conference-skyward-sword-videos/#more-16357 3:15 for my giant whale, and 3:52 for the servant of the goddess you're talking about.

EDIT: Found the video, hope that shows you what I'm talking about.
[video=youtube;7jz77Gos5fQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jz77Gos5fQ&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
That whale doesn't seem to be the Wind Fish either. The Wind Fish was rather well-decorated, and while that one bears resemblance to it, it most likely isn't the WF. I mean, the WF didn't have tentacles, for one. For two, it appears to be a boss fight. Link destroys the bosses he fights for the most part. It would likely die, rather than be sealed away, only to come back later.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Perhaps it is a somewhat opposite of the Wind Fish. With Ganon being the opposite of Link, the Trident being the opposite of the Master Sword, perhaps the Wind Fish, the benevolent spirit/deity it is, has a demonic counterpart. *Shrugs* Just a thought.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Since this thread is primarily speculation, there is not really anything to discuss. Please keep threads in the Theory Section limited to information derived from games that have already been released; in other words, don't bother to base a theory on evidence that we can't be sure exists yet. It can neither be affirmed nor refuted because the evidence cannot be accessed. As a consequence, there is nothing to discuss, so I will be closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom