• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker's Clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I have beaten Wind Waker 3 times now and I still don't understand how the clock works. The manual doesn't explain it at all, and I am thoroughly stumped. Please tell me if you know how it works.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think I know what you mean. It takes I think five minutes (or less, but that's what I think) for it to fully transition from day to night and vice versa. As for the clock... the GC has a built in Clock/Calander function and if the Clock reads a night time hour (like 8:00 PM or 3:00 AM), then the menu screen shows the night sky as a backdrop. If the Clock thinks it's the daytime (Noon, 3:00 PM), then it will show the day time sky as the backdrop. If the Clock thinks it's the evening (5:00 PM), then it will show the evening sky as a backdrop.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I think I know what you mean. It takes I think five minutes (or less, but that's what I think) for it to fully transition from day to night and vice versa. As for the clock... the GC has a built in Clock/Calander function and if the Clock reads a night time hour (like 8:00 PM or 3:00 AM), then the menu screen shows the night sky as a backdrop. If the Clock thinks it's the daytime (Noon, 3:00 PM), then it will show the day time sky as the backdrop. If the Clock thinks it's the evening (5:00 PM), then it will show the evening sky as a backdrop.

I understand that, but there's also like a 'halfway stage'--where day is on one side on night on the other. There's a line with a shaded region on one side, and it rotates until it's either fully day or fully night. Do you know what that means?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
When you are sailing press the right analog stick and you will see a clock.

You'd press the right D pad (the + thing) when sailing. The halfway stage would be where the sun is rising and the moon is setting, vice versa. When it's all either a moon or sun, then it's just night or day. As Master Kokiri said, there is a clock function within the GameCube that determines what the file selection screen will look like. If it needs to be changed, what you do is start up the GameCube with no disc. If you have a Wii, then it should be no problem to access, for you can just go through your settings.

If you need another video game as an example, think of Animal Crossing or the newer Pokemon games, in which the time from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM is dusk and 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM is morning.

Hummm... I am aware that on certain major islands, such as Windfall, the time does not advance at all unless you use the Song of Passing. As for the actual clock system... I would say that it is just kind of... there. It seems to move at a steady rate when you are in a sector where the ocean has its "abstract circle pattern"--if you know what I'm talking about. All I know is that the Forsaken Fortress is always night until you "meet" Princess Zelda, due to a similar curse to the one when you were searching for Nayru's Pearl. And about what Petman said... there is a time translation when you make your file selection. And yes, around five o'clock is when dusk is beginning to fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom