• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker Just Turned 8 Years Old. In Other News, Where is My Childhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So over at Zelda Informer we've decided we have to make a big deal about every series birthday since it's the 25th anniversary of the series at large, so we're showing Wind Waker all kinds of love since it's been 8 years today since it first debuted in the states.

For me, Wind Waker is one of those games that I'll always cherish because it came to me at a time in my life when I really needed a pick-me-up. Eh, it's a long story that I don't really have time to tell right now, but suffice to say that it's probably the game I was able to enjoy most simply because it's exactly what I wanted (even if in time I've come to appreciate other Zelda games more).

But, man, I can't believe it's been 8 years already. I'm not THAT old, am I?

linksonick

The Chaotic Enigma
Has it seriously been 8 years? It definitely dosen't feel like that long. My memories with it are reading issues of NP before the game even came out and thinking how different it looked then other Zelda games, to be honest I didn't think id like it at first until I read an interview with Miyamoto that changed my opinion. Once I finally got the game I really fell for it, in a sense. I thought the story was well put together, and it had its funny comical parts as well.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I've had WW for a while, but I can't remember how long, so I guess that means it's been a while. :) Wind Waker is one of the best, it has an amazing storyline and fun and entertaining dungeons. The music is cool and happy. I loved the WindWaker, it was cool to play. Overall WW is an amazing game, definetely ranks in my favorites. I recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played it yet. :D

Haha, I know what you mean. There's a lot of things that have come out (particularly since the new millennium started) that I played at the time but, without me realizing it, its been a really long time since I played them. Goes with internet memories too, really. :sweat:

Anyway, it's cool that The Wind Waker's been around so long. It's definitely a good game, and I enjoyed playing it a lot at the time. Was one of the people who didn't actually give a crap about the new graphics. When everyone was freaking out I was just "What's the big deal?" Of course, I also wasn't hugely into Zelda back then either. :bleh:

Though, TWW is actually probably my least favorite game in the series (more so than even Twilight Princess, despite how much I complain about that), and I found a lot of aspects of it to be plain and boring (not only the sailing, but there was that, yeah). Still an amazing game and way up there for me. Good stuff. :)

(Haha, I remember I actually bought someone's copy of the pre-order deal for TWW that they were selling to get this game. The one that came with the dual Ocarina of Time/Master's Quest disc. It was awesome. :xd:)

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I can't believe it's been that long. Sometimes it feels like I was just introduced to Zelda a few years ago, but in reality it's been almost thirteen years. Time sure flies.

Despite this being a great game, I really didn't get pulled in like I did the other games. I remember getting stuck in the Forsaken Fortress (the first visit) and giving up. After I bought the guidebook, I still took forever to progress. It was cool looking through the guide, though, because it had the art for Princess Zelda in it and the first thing I thought was, "That looks a lot like Tetra. Very suspicious." This game does have the honor of being the first Zelda I actually beat, even though it's lower on my favorite Zelda games list.

The one thing I will always remember about this game, though, was the rather awesome commercial it had. You know, with the girl in the tower? Yeah, I always found that to be a rather cool ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom