• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Wind Waker HD- Worth the Purchase?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you already have a Wii U, shoot for WWHD. If not, shoot for WWGC. They're practically identical anyway, except WWHD has better sailing and stripped optional features. :rolleyes:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If you have a Wii U, then I would get it. The sailing is faster, the HUD was improved, and the game overall just looks great!

If you do not have a Wii U though, then I would get the Gamecube Version, since it is pretty much the exact same game

Mido

Version 1
Definitely get either game, depending on what systems are available to you! So basically, follow what TSter and Ventus said! Given that I'm a Wind Waker fanboy to be honest, I would recommend getting the game either way. :yes:

Deeds

no text
I'm buying just to support Nintendo in their development with Zelda U, as well as the fact I didn't have it on GC.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
If you already have a Wii U, shoot for WWHD. If not, shoot for WWGC. They're practically identical anyway, except WWHD has better sailing and stripped optional features. :rolleyes:
Nintendo may introduce more Wii U optional features, replacing the GameCube ones. Tingle Bottle was revealed already. I'm still thinking about Knuckle figurine in Nintendo Gallery (how they will handle this on Wii U?) On GameCube, you need to do few stuff involving Tingle Tuner/GBA first. otherwise this figurine will be unavailable (but you still can obtain Link with the King of Red Lions).

If you are thinking about new version, wait for more news. Otherwise buy the GameCube version. If you live in Europe, try to find the Limited Edition with OoT/Master Quest.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Depends, seeing as you have a Wii U I say go for that. But for those who have the original already I say it comes down to how much you love the other one. Personally I think that wwhd looks amazing, and despite already having ww I'm gonna get wwhd cause itlook awesome to me. And the original was amazing so why not this one?

Since you've already said you're getting the Wii u version, my saying you should get the Wii U version is rather pointless, but regardless, I think you should get the Wii U version. Wind Waker on Game Cube is a great experience, and I wouldn't trade my memories of it for the world. The HD remake, however is likely to be definite modern version of the game, with updated visuals and optimized game play. Nintendo leaving out the Tingle Tuner is a little disappointing, but it wasn't really anything special to begin with. You wouldn't be able to use it anyway if you don't have a Game Boy Advance and the proper link cables.

We also still don't know about all the changes Nintendo is bringing to game. Apparently they'll be altering the Tri Force Quest, which raises the possibility that the game will play out differently than the original, even if hoping for new dungeons at this point is unrealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom