• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker 3D: Should They Make It?

geek4887

The Unknown
A WW remake would be preposterous. Again, please don't hate on me. Like someone has said, WW still looks gorgeous. To others, it's "kiddy" but to some it's actually pretty amazing. Now, about that Wind Waker 2 that Eiji Aonuma thought up, well, I'm interested in seeing THAT. I thought that Phantom Hourglass wasn't the Wind Waker 2 that Aonuma had in mind. All I really want is a true sequel to Wind Waker, and especially on the 3DS, that would be awesome!

Ah, The Legend of Zelda:The Wind Waker 3D would be a glorious game. Seeing as it was my first game, it might bring back some good memories if it got remade for the 3DS. That is what i want, but it isn't what we need. As much as i would love a remake, i feel that it isn't necessary. The game is great the way it is. Maybe in the future a remake would be needed, but not now.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Operation Wind(wind Waker 3d)

do you guys think nintendo should do wind waker 3d,operation wind(not official name). i think it would be great.

tell me your thoughts about it:):):)

geek4887

The Unknown
No! Some systems are good to be played on the console they're supposed to be! Here. All I'm saying is that Wind Waker's graphics still looks stunning! It's still that good. It's not that I don't like Wind Waker, mind you, but I don't think that Grezzo or Nintendo should spend time on an already gorgeous game. If there's a game to be re-made on anything, it's Twilight Princess. It's textures could help a lot, but that's not the point.

As I've mentioned earlier in the post, this game should be played on the system it's supposed to be for. The camera system won't work that well with just one analog, and then using the L button like Ocarina of Time...nope that would NOT work. I know that they've developed a second analog accessory which would solve the problem for the camera controls, but there's really no need to remake this game. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. :(

I don't care what Nintendo does, it's their game they can remake it if they want to, and since it's a Zelda game, I'm certain that it would sell fine so I can't even say it'd be an entirely bad move.

However, I'd much rather have Majora's Mask on the 3DS to go along with Ocarina of Time 3D, then after we get some new games and a few years pass, then it would be a better time to port Wind Waker over to the next handheld system. I don't understand why people are flipping biscuits about remakes being a terrible thing, but really the term "remake" wouldn't even be applied to what they'd have to do to make a portable Wind Waker. Just port it, it's graphics are fine, it doesn't freeze up or lag.

Majora's Mask is the last game that would need a real "remake" since it's full of blocky N64 models, it's graphics no longer match it predecessor's, and it's full off bugs (and not just the kind you put in bottles).

They've ported four of their home console games to portable consoles (remaking the last one and adding new features to another), I see no problem with this trend continuing, I don't think it hurts anything and it's the only way I got to finish A Link to the Past thanks to my SNES dying. It's true that now we have the Virtual Console, but I really enjoyed playing ALttP in my college dorm room too, where I couldn't bring my Wii but I could bring my DS (the old kind that plays GBA games).

But here's the thing, they do NOT need to put every game on the 3DS, that is way over-doing it. Seriously guys. I would even wait for a portable MM (as I've been waiting since the DS days) on the next system if I didn't feel like it would be a complete waste to not make use of how much they've got of the game just from having OoT3D. That, and because I feel like if they don't already have part of it made they won't bother with it, and because it would be weird to have them with different graphics (as it currently is).

So since I doubt that rant made any sense and I'm too tired to try and make it, here's the point: I do not want Wind Waker on the 3DS but I have no problem with it being ported to a future handheld device someday. I do want Majora's Mask on the 3DS, but I will wait as long as I have to get a portable version of it, even if it's not for 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom