• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker 2

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
Uh huh. The game that we're debating the placement of.

Well, one of them. The sequel of the game we're debating the placement of.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
If I were to guess, we would probably see something akin to the Swift sail in a hypothetical Wind Waker 2. We would likely also see a difficulty increase as well. I think that Nintendo was aware of how useless some of the islands ended up feeling, so I wonder if there would have been a much larger land mass involved as well. If it had shown up on the Wii instead of the GameCube, they may have been able to skip the transitions between sailing and docking at an island as well. It would have been cool to really sail around some larger islands, gliding up inlets and around shoals. They probably would have done a bit more with ship to ship combat and made several more items available on deck. I'd like to think we would have seen some underwater segments where link swims around coral reefs and shipwrecks, but I don't know if there's any possible way of making toon link look like he should be swimming underwater.

Last edited:

Malon

Here's my view on TotK/BotW placement:

Adult timeline

When Hyrule is flooded, Ruto takes the Zoras to another Zora's Domain to avoid the flood. The Zoras that stayed in Hyrule evolved into the Rito when Hyrule was flooded. Then, when a new Hyrule was founded in ST, both the current Rito and previous Zoras go to live there, still keeping a few of the Zoras in the other domain, the domain that Yona is from.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
so you're using the existence of zora in tears of the kingdom as evidence that zora existed in wind waker, despite zora not existing in wind waker being evidence that tears does not take place at the end of the adult timeline

More so the fact that there's more than one domain for Zoras. Not all Zoras evolved into Rito. Like how the absence of Gerudo in Wind Waker doesn't mean they're extinct.

Malon

Dang, we went from poking fun at a mistake to an actual, logical lore discussion.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Here's my view on TotK/BotW placement:

Adult timeline

When Hyrule is flooded, Ruto takes the Zoras to another Zora's Domain to avoid the flood. The Zoras that stayed in Hyrule evolved into the Rito when Hyrule was flooded. Then, when a new Hyrule was founded in ST, both the current Rito and previous Zoras go to live there, still keeping a few of the Zoras in the other domain, the domain that Yona is from.
but this didn't actually happen, it's just a fanfic until it's mentioned in canon

Hey guys, can we bring this thread back around to the original topic please? This thread has been completely derailed.
That's the thing, you can't really put a What would be Wind Waker 2? When there's already a Wind Waker 2. It's like saying What do you think would be Zelda 2? The game already exists.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The sheer amount of insanely specific things that would have to happen in order for an adult timeline placement of BotW to make sense tell me that it’s not the correct placement. Occam’s Razor and all that.

If we’re going by BotW alone, then the only timeline that really makes sense is the downfall timeline. Maybe child if some event in between OoT and TP caused the sages from OoT to awaken.

But then TotK came and retconned the entire series, so there’s no way it’s in any of the timelines now.

The sheer amount of insanely specific things that would have to happen in order for an adult timeline placement of BotW to make sense tell me that it’s not the correct placement. Occam’s Razor and all that.

If we’re going by BotW alone, then the only timeline that really makes sense is the downfall timeline. Maybe child if some event in between OoT and TP caused the sages from OoT to awaken.

But then TotK came and retconned the entire series, so there’s no way it’s in any of the timelines now.
It was already retconned with all the text in Breath of the Wild already. There's literally no way it can be put in any of the timelines with Breath of the Wild alone.

Malon

You're kinda proving Ashley's "BotW is a Zelda 1 remake" theory.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Hey guys, can we bring this thread back around to the original topic please? This thread has been completely derailed.
I mean the person never clarified what they meant since a wind waker sequel already exists, like do they mean another toon link adventure after PH (which would be more like WW3) or just another zelda game w/ the same ocean exploration?

I mean the person never clarified what they meant since a wind waker sequel already exists, like do they mean another toon link adventure after PH (which would be more like WW3) or just another zelda game w/ the same ocean exploration?
Technically, there's already another Toon Link adventure after Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks. It has the same Toon art style.

Malon

Yeah, Yoshrek! Clarify!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Personally, I definitely get the appeal and yearning for another Wind Waker type of game. Like, sure, Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to Wind Waker but I don't think it's uncommon for most people to view those DS games as a separate series given it's largely a gimmick based experience catered towards the DS hardware. The last game to use the toon design was Tri-Force Heroes if I'm not mistaken but nothing has ever really captured the cel-shaded toon aesthetic of Wind Waker since the Wind Waker.

Not that it'll ever happen, but I wouldn't mind another Wind Waker-esque game retooled to incorporate elements from Breath of the Wild like climbing, hunting, cooking, and changing outfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom