• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Wind Waker Link Ever Go Home?

C

Cincoplation

I am wondering if wind waker link might ever go back to Outset island because after all the adventuring and then Phantom hourglass would he go home to his grandma, sister and loved ones?

Link not Ling...lol

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
He probably went back to Outset Island after founding New Hyrule with Tetra. Otherwise, he probably would have been seen as an old man living somewhere in New Hyrule in ST like Niko. Niko calls WW Link an "old friend" and implies that he hasn't seen him in a while. So either he: 1. Sailed back home after founding New Hyrule, 2. Went on another adventure somewhere else outside of New Hyrule, 3. Is still living in New Hyrule somewhere, we just didn't see him, or 4. He died :(.

I like to believe it's the first option. I'd like to see a game that takes place between PH and ST that explains the founding of New Hyrule in more detail but I don't think Nintendo would do that. So we'll probably never know what became of WW/PH Link, just like all the other Links =/

I like to beleive it is the fourth one. Remember, Niko is lie 4 years younger than Link. (If I remember correctly, Niko is 9 and Link is 13 in TWW, and in ST Niko is like what? 80?) Link and Tetra are probably the entire royal family, it makes sence since in ST you never hear the last name "Hyrule" when talking about zelda.

Steve

5/19/13
I never considered Niko to be a child, in fact he seemed to be a man. Regardless, people dye sooner than others, but another thing to consider, is perhaps maybe he did return to his home. Still, why would Link leave his own child in the new Hyrule? (seeing as he clearly has descendants). Bottom line: we can't really be sure.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
(seeing as he clearly has descendants)
I don't think it was ever implied that the hero of ST was the HoW's descendant, and I can't think of who else you'd be referring to.

Any of the four possibilities Linebeck listed sound okay to me. I don't really have a preference.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I don't think it was ever implied that the hero of ST was the HoW's descendant
Erm... it's more of an assumed thing, don't you think? Sorry if I come off as rude, but... Really now, Nintendo has made it painfully obvious that the Links are descendants of each other ever since aLttP. I don't see why people are still in the dark about this. Why would the Links look EXACTLY alike if they didn't share the same genes? Do you refuse to believe that the attendents in the portrait inside WW's Hyrule Castle are related to the pirates somewhere down the line? Or do you just think they look exactly like them by chance? Whenever Nintendo reuses a character, they're implying that it's a descendant of the one from whichever game came before (except in MM of course, and Link in WW since it was impossible for the HoT to have children in that timeline). They make it even more obvious in ST with Linebeck III who just happens to look exactly like his grampa. I don't think they would look exactly alike if they weren't related.

...But I'm straying off topic again, sorry. x_x

I agree with the Lineback III thing, but starting from TWW on the timeline, they are not related. In ALttP, they talk about all the Link's are related to the Hylian Knights. Not the exact same family though, the Hylian Knights could be thousands of different families. ALttP starts on the Child timeline, not the Adult Timeline. Infact, ALttP takes place after ST does on the timeline, so it is highly unlikely that the Hero of Winds is related to Link from ST. But the Hero of Winds is definitly related to Zelda from ST.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I agree with the Lineback III thing, but starting from TWW on the timeline, they are not related.
Yes and no. The King of Red Lions said he wasn't related to the original Link line from OoT, which makes sense since he left that timeline. There is nothing that says that this Link never has Link-descendents after that.

The Zelda from ST is possibly HoW's descendent, because she is a descendent of Tetra and Tetra may have had kids with HoW. And the Hero of Winds may go to Outset to visit, but I don't think he would ever go back to stay. His life is with Tetra, on the open sea and in New Hyrule.

Beeker

Wild Card
Hylian Legend does make a sorta good point. Perhaps he never went back to Outset after the end of the Wind Waker, probably because his life was now focused on the seas and on founding New Hyrule. I'm not sure about if a whole game could explain how the place was founded, though I wish it could've told that in a backstory of some sort.

All we really know descendant-wise is that Tetra is ST Zelda's grandmother. Where the HoW fits in, I'm not sure.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
By his child, he ment Princess Zelda's Mother. > .>;
But the Hero of Winds is definitly related to Zelda from ST.
not 'definitely'
The Zelda from ST is possibly HoW's descendent, because she is a descendent of Tetra and Tetra may have had kids with HoW.
'possibly' and 'may have' are more accurate
All we really know descendant-wise is that Tetra is ST Zelda's grandmother. Where the HoW fits in, I'm not sure.
QFT

O

Oceanic

Niko should've been dead in ST due to the fact that ST was exactly 100 years later after PH events!!! *gasps*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom