• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will we see Link's iconic tunic in BotW?

Will Link's tunic be seen in BotW?

• Of course!

• I dont know.

• I doubt it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I honestly prefer the blue outfit that Link is wearing in the trailers over the green tunic. With that being said, I'm 99% positive that the tunic will return.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
If you would've actually been following along with the lore of the traditional Zelda, you would know very well that the Champion's Clothes IS a replacement for the Hero's Clothes!
:/ again, no one knows. They are probably keeping the Green Tunic a secret because it might be a main part of the story. And I have played EVERY SINGLE ONE of those games. The promo art could mean nothing. You don't know for sure. No one knows for sure.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
@RemnantRassilon @Amy Lu Minati

You two forget that the Master Sword played a MAJOR role in SS! And when that game was first TRULY revealed in E3 2010, we already actually SAW the Master Sword in BOTH GAMEPLAY footage and ARTWORK!

So, no. My point STILL stands TALL! If the green tunic was going to be play a story role at all, even if it's a major essential role and/or you don't get it until towards the end of the game, we would have already SEEN it in some shape or form by now!

I mean, we ALREADY know what Master Sword looks like in the game! And we ALL know, that's going to play a MAJOR story role in the game like it ALWAYS does!

That said, if the green tunic were to play a role that's important to the story, we would've seen it by now. I mean we even saw Link in a suit of armor and a glimpse of a version of the Hylian Shield at one point in the E3 2016 trailer. And I can imagine we don't get those until much later in the game.

Not to mention, when Miyamoto and Aonuma were asked about the green tunic, their responses so far don't seem to be looking good for the green tunic as far as story role goes. So, again, my point STILL STANDS TALL! And that is that, without a doubt, if the green tunic is going to make an appearance at all, it's going to be as a bonus through Amiibo functionality.

Which reminds me, the fact that we even see Link with the same Champion Clothes for the Amiibo that are exclusive for the game. So there is NO way that the Champion Shirt in this game is just any old shirt. Especially since there IS in game evidence proving it's importance to the story and lore of the world of Breath of the Wild. And that importance is it's connection to the ROYAL FAMILY of HYRULE! The game literally says the following:

In ancient Hyrule, this garment could only be worn by one who had earned the respect of the Hylian royal family.

Proof of quote:

http://i.imgur.com/pYVZ8CO.png

This quote implies that in since the era of the this timeline's first hero, this garment was passed down from generation to generation, to each hero incarnation who has the trust from the royal family of Hyrule to be their hero, or, in this case, their champion. And, we all know that this Link saved this Hyrule before.

So, with that all said, this IS Link's shirt! Hence why it is featured in ALL of the artwork, footage, and exclusive amiibo so far! Thus proving that this shirt, as proven, is going to be VERY important to the story and lore pf this game's world and timeline. Not to mention that this also proves that the Champion's Clothes IS the new Hero's Clothes for this game's world and timeline. And so, yet again, my point STILL stands TALL! Anyways, hope you have a nice Happy Hallow's Eve and a Happy Halloween.

You two forget that the Master Sword played a MAJOR role in SS! And when that game was first TRULY revealed in E3 2010, we already actually SAW the Master Sword in BOTH GAMEPLAY footage and ARTWORK!
No I didn't lol
And sure we haven't seen it yet but the green tunic is likely to
play a MAJOR story role in the game like it ALWAYS does!

That said, if the green tunic were to play a role that's important to the story, we would've seen it by now
No, not necessarily. The lack of seeing it neither proves or disproves it's existence in this game.
Not to mention, when Miyamoto and Aonuma were asked about the green tunic, their responses so far don't seem to be looking good for the green tunic as far as story role goes. So, again, my point STILL STANDS TALL! And that is that, without a doubt, if the green tunic is going to make an appearance at all, it's going to be as a bonus through Amiibo functionality.
maybe because they're trying to keep it secret? And no, you're point NEVER stood TALL, it doesn't stand at ALL. And why amiibo? Why not DLC?

As for the rest of your post, which basically says the Same thing and I'm too lazy to quote...OF COURSE the new tunic is important and relevant to the plot. Doesn't mean it's the only tunic, and if there are others there's almost certainly a green one.

I like the blue tunic, but if they handle the reveal right, getting the green tunic could be a Moment of Awesome. If they capture all the legacy and lore it embodies, the scene when we get it could be very cool. I'd be a little disappointed if they passed such an opportunity by, but if they've got their hands full with other plot lines, I'd be okay.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
Here's a nice pic of Link in a green suit in BotW!

Zelda-Wii-U2.jpg

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
And sure we haven't seen it yet but the green tunic is likely to

Again, at this point, it's only going to be an amiibo bonus if anything.

No, not necessarily. The lack of seeing it neither proves or disproves it's existence in this game.

YES! Actually, it does!

maybe because they're trying to keep it secret?

Nope, cause the chances of it being an AMIIBO bonus, if anything AT ALL, are VERY HIGH!

And no, you're point NEVER stood TALL, it doesn't stand at ALL.

Okay, now you're just starting to be rude and ignorant! My point DOES stand tall! You just don't see or realize it cause you're childish, naive, and FAIL to understand when there's evidence RIGHT THERE in FRONT of YOU, PROVING you are WRONG!

And why amiibo? Why not DLC?

There's like FIVE traditional Link based amiibos that could just as easily have the potential of giving Link the traditional green tunic.

As for the rest of your post, which basically says the Same thing and I'm too lazy to quote...OF COURSE the new tunic is important and relevant to the plot. Doesn't mean it's the only tunic, and if there are others there's almost certainly a green one.

Yes, and even though if there are green tunics other than the amiibo bonus traditional tunics, the already in-game green tunic(s) will most likely be original to this game. In other words, not the traditional one, as that's most likely going to be an amiibo bonus!

Here's a nice pic of Link in a green suit in BotW!

Zelda-Wii-U2.jpg

1) That's VERY OLD!! I used to have that on my computer.

and

2) It's PHOTO-SHOPPED!

Green tunic confirmed, I saw a pic of it on official Zelda forums

Again, IT'S PHOTO-SHOPPED!

Sorry if I come off as mean or cynical but I'm just NOT in the mood for jokes right now!

Green tunic confirmed by IGN!

27572542802_74d538109f_z.jpg

edit: aww they removed the link :<

That's it! Enough with the stupid jokes! I'm done! I'm getting sick and tired of arguing with people who never take anything seriously! Good-bye! This time, FOREVER!

Tibari

Rinkuji
What if Tingle gives you the green tunic?
Like, "You received the green tunic Tingle was wearing! Now, he is running around half naked"

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Sorry if I come off as mean or cynical but I'm just NOT in the mood for jokes right now!

That's it! Enough with the stupid jokes! I'm done! I'm getting sick and tired of arguing with people who never take anything seriously! Good-bye! This time, FOREVER!
You have absolutely no proof. This is all just speculation. :/ Listen, you could possibly be right, but there is no confirmation that you are. You are speculating from previous Zelda titles, you are forgetting that we've barely even seen a percentage of the game. There is too much that we don't know about this game to be able to say that we know something is a certain way for sure. This is just a theory. You don't know.
And goodbye? Funny how we've heard you say that before...

Aku

Well, the main evidence we have of them not considering the Green Tunic as the 'default' tunic is that the Amiibos we've seen don't have the green tunic. It's not exactly 'proof,' but it's the closest thing we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom