• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Ever be a Zelda Game Where the One Holding Wisdom or Courage is the Villain?

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
It seems in every Zelda game, it's always the Triforce of Power that's Corrupted, but really, anything can be corrupt, that was proven with the Master Sword in Breath of the Wild, a sword evil cannot touch, yet it was corroded by malice. What's stopping the other two Triforce pieces from being corrupted in a future title?

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
Probably not Wisdom, that by definition would preclude wanting to be evil. Courage I could see going dark, like Ganon or character of the like using Courage to rise up and usurp the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Though it does contain good judgment, and what is good judgement? Would that not fall more into what is good for people rather than embracing evil?
No.

It's unclear exactly how the Triforce chunks work, since none of them seem to really do anything that the characters aren't already capable of, but let's assume for a moment that the Triforce of Wisdom does what it says on the tin: makes you wiser.

Through this wisdom Ganon learns that the fastest and most effective way to give his people a new place to live is to invade Hyrule, assassinate the king, cull any resistance, and install his people as the new authority. Nothing about that is necessarily good or evil, but in that scenario it might be the wisest.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
No.

It's unclear exactly how the Triforce chunks work, since none of them seem to really do anything that the characters aren't already capable of, but let's assume for a moment that the Triforce of Wisdom does what it says on the tin: makes you wiser.

Through this wisdom Ganon learns that the fastest and most effective way to give his people a new place to live is to invade Hyrule, assassinate the king, cull any resistance, and install his people as the new authority. Nothing about that is necessarily good or evil, but in that scenario it might be the wisest.
That is interesting, though being wiser would he not see sense in that if he usurps a throne and subjugates the Hylians it would then lead to insurgents and civil war inevitably? Rarely do foreign occupiers prevail long term.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
That is interesting, though being wiser would he not see sense in that if he usurps a throne and subjugates the Hylians it would then lead to insurgents and civil war inevitably? Rarely do foreign occupiers prevail long term.
Kill them and take the land for the Gerudo. Resistance quelled and your people are fed. :eyes:

Also, Zelda is never smart and she's been carting around the Triforce of Wisdom for 40 years now.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Kill them and take the land for the Gerudo. Resistance quelled and your people are fed. :eyes:

Also, Zelda is never smart and she's been carting around the Triforce of Wisdom for 40 years now.
kDs1V1.gif

Though that would be genocide and surly some will escape and raise up arms later to take their land back.

Zelda is wise in TP, she saves Midna and ensures The Twilight Realm will not be a threat again because she helps Midna grow a heart via her sacrifice. In Wind Waker she successfully helped as Tetra and fights alongside Link.
In Echoes of Wisdom looks like it will show her even more capable.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I really doubt it, courage is always going to go to link, wisdom goes to zelda, and they are certainly never going to be evil, I just don't see nintendo ever changing that formula up

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
kDs1V1.gif

Though that would be genocide and surly some will escape and raise up arms later to take their land back.

Zelda is wise in TP, she saves Midna and ensures The Twilight Realm will not be a threat again because she helps Midna grow a heart via her sacrifice. In Wind Waker she successfully helped as Tetra and fights alongside Link.
In Echoes of Wisdom looks like it will show her even more capable.
And that's a wise thing to do, but if that's what constitutes magical levels of wisdom then the bar must be somewhere in the basement. :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom