• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Will the Next Console have Music?

MuffleDark

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Legend
So earlier this month I listened to A LOT of nintendo console music on loop as I studied, namely the Wii U mii maker, 3DS eShop, and Wii Shop. While game OSTs spark nostalgia for that specific game, console tracks bring back memories of using that system as a whole. It's a really special feeling, which is why I'm pretty disappointed in the switch. All of its character seems to be placed in outside design, instead of within. When I think of the switch, it feels like a empty entity only filled by whichever game you put inside the cartridge slot.

If you look up wii music on YouTube, you'll find playlist after playlist of music from the console itself and games like wii sports, wii fit, etc. to create that specific nostalgia for the system. It's interesting to think that you'll never find any of that for the switch no matter how many years go by. It's a shame that people who grew up with the switch won't be able to connect to the console through music like those with the wii, wii u, 3ds, etc. The most egregious to me would be the eshop.

I'm hoping that the next console will have a more memorable menu layout and actual background music. Do you think it's likely to happen? And what you think of system music as a whole, is it important or is the switch perfectly fine without it?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I would hope so, I know they heavily prioritized functionality and making things minimal so things would load faster, but would music have slowed things down all that much?
eshop too, they made several eshop themes during the 3ds's time, and not one of them could be used for the switch's eshop?

I feel like they probably won't, but I'd welcome being wrong

Saint Ravenboo

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Legend
Personally I always felt like the the Switch was lacking a lot in regard to its home menu. There wasn't any choices for themes other than light and dark, and without music, The Switch just felt like a barebones console. I really hope they add more than just music to the next console. Music and theming really makes a console feel alive, rather than gaming boot-up machine.

MuffleDark

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Legend
I would hope so, I know they heavily prioritized functionality and making things minimal so things would load faster, but would music have slowed things down all that much?
eshop too, they made several eshop themes during the 3ds's time, and not one of them could be used for the switch's eshop?

It's interesting you mentioned re-using 3DS themes (which is a great idea btw), because from what I found online Nintendo even made an eShop theme for the switch, so it really seems like they backtracked before release.

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
I think I remember seeing that the Switch was intended to have more themes and music but never got done. I'm guessing that they probably will put them in this console? (I might be delusional but I can wish right?)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Does the Switch eshop load faster? I swear it chugged on my system. It's gotta be the slowest digital storefront I've interacted with.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Does the Switch eshop load faster? I swear it chugged on my system. It's gotta be the slowest digital storefront I've interacted with.
oh I was talking about within system menus being faster, no that eshop layout is atrocious and set itself up for painful load times, at the least they could've thrown in a nice song to make it even a tiny bit more bearable

Saint Ravenboo

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Legend
oh I was talking about within system menus being faster, no that eshop layout is atrocious and set itself up for painful load times, at the least they could've thrown in a nice song to make it even a tiny bit more bearable
Even then, I don't see that much of a loading difference in the system menus between the Switch and previous consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom